Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 6, 2008
I bought this flashlight right before I left for a month and a half long African Safari back in 2005. I bought it from Amazon - they got it to me on time.

I bought this flashlight, put in some high quality batteries and took off for Africa. I used this flashlight virtually every night in my tent using one of the LED modes. You can click it once for 3 LEDs, click again for 5 LEDs, and click again for a halogen bulb. This came in very handy -- when I needed strong light, I'd use the halogen but for virtually most applications, I'd stay on 3 or 5 LED mode.

I must say, I didn't need to change batteries while in Africa. Today, the flashlight sits on my nightstand as a backup in case I lose power. The batteries in it are the same that I put in back in 2005 before I left for Africa. Every now and again, I'll test the light, open it up and check the batteries. I'm now wondering how long they will last.

The flashlight still looks brand new even after regular use for camping and after a grueling trip through Africa. The quality of this flashlight is exceptional.

What I wish would be better? It'd be nice if it had a spare halogen bulb and it'd be nice if the LEDs were upgradable....there are much stronger LEDs on the market today but with the halgoen bulb, it does quite well.

The LEDs are extremely efficient as I mentioned.

This is a wonderful flashlight. I can't recommend it highly enough.
on May 14, 2009
I bought this flashlight 5 years ago. The main factors in my purchase were the Beam quality of this unit, the size, battery type and ability to shift between Xenon & 2 modes of LED bulbs.

The Xenon beam is full, and consistent throughout. I found this a pleasure, as my old MAG light had a huge dark spot.

I can conserve battery power and switch to Low LED or High LED modes, instead of using the Xenon bulb.

the C-Cell batteries are easier to come by than the D-Cell batteries. Since it's a 3-cell flashlight, the beam is brighter and lasts a long time.

The housing seems almost indestructible. I've dropped mine in the water, on rocks and have used it to tap in nails when camping.

Overall, a great product, and can stand the test. 5 years and this flashlight is still running strong. I tend to camp at least 6 times per year.
on January 13, 2007
Face it, we all like a good flashlight. I'm an airline pilot and was looking for a powerful flashlight for preflight inspections that wouldn't take up a lot of room in my flightkit. This is my first LED flashlight, and overall I am impressed with it. It is very well made and feels comfortable in hand. Some have complained about the switch requiring four actuations to cycle from off to off again, but I don't find this to be annoying and the switch works well. The LED bulbs bathe close targets in a wide, somewhat bluish light, but illumination intensity drops off rapidly outside of a few yards. I seldom use the 3 bulb position, opting for all 6 LEDs most of the time. The Xenon bulb does a good job illuminating areas at longer distances, but not appreciably better than the 2D cell Maglite this flashlight replaced. That said, it is considerably lighter and my Maglite doesn't have LEDs.

Overall, it is a versatile light at a very good price. If you're looking for a flashlight for varying conditions and can handle a tough life, here it is.
on September 17, 2009
Beefy yet lightweight, good to leave in your vehicle. The 3 choices of light source comes in handy for varying situations.
on August 5, 2013
Nice LED flashlight . What more is there to say. It's just a nice flashlight to have handy in the event of a power outage.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.