Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New playlist Christmas Soul Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Streamlight 74301 Strion LED Flashlight with AC/12-Volt DC Charger and 1-Holder, Black
Style: With Type-A (100V/120V) AC/DC and 1- Holder|Change

on January 15, 2016
Anodization is an insulator. I kept having problems turning it off and on until I brushed the anodizing of the cap threads. Then it worked great! Had it for over 6 months. The switch in the cap is a trigger for the actual switch up front. So they must have thought the little amount of current needed for that operation would pass through the anodization just great. But it was intermittently having issues. The problem got worse and worse. I suppose using the crap out of it has taken the edge off the batery disabling the currents ability to power through the anodization. Very iritating.
on April 22, 2017
The high ratings do not lie, especially in this case. This is the second on of these I have bought and am very satisfied. The previous one is used at least once a week for three years. I bought the second for work because the first one at home was the best light I have had, ever. The battery life is as advertised. Plenty of lumens, I have no idea why you would need any more. It seems like the button MAY be wearing out or there is some interaction between low battery life and the button that I do not understand. Like, it could be that the battery is at the end of its life but then blips on for a second or so, making it look like a switch problem. In any event, I bought a backup button just to be sure I always have the spare and if they discontinue this light (I have not heard anything), I am good to go.
on November 19, 2016
Own multiple flashlights and this is by far the best one. Battery lasted over a week with good amount of use as I work midnights. Light output puts my stinger to shame.
on April 18, 2017
My department issued me a stinger, but the holster they use had that tall light poking my ribs when sitting down in the car. The strion is just the right size and has better light than the stinger does. It does have a shorter battery life though. The other downside is that it cannot be used with the cone for directing traffic. for that I just keep the cone on the stinger and the whole thing in my car door pocket if I need to direct traffic. This is a small but powerful flashlight. I chose this model over the HL model because you get a better focused beam for distance while still getting some area illumination. If you use your stinger as a collapsed baton for pressure points and holds though you may want to skip this.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2017
I've had this one for 5 years and i am still amazed at this flashlight. I've dropped it a number of times, zero issues. The charge holds for an enormous amount of time. I am talking about literally 6 or 8 months since the last time i charged it. I use it on a regular basis, but it's crazy how long the battery stays good for.

I would imagine that if u used it few hours a week yes it would need more regular charging. But, i use mine for a few minutes at a time few times a week and it just never needs a charge.

Can't recomend this product enough.
on August 8, 2016
I was looking for a flashlight. that could actually produce some light and found this one. I wondered if it was worth $100. That part is not clear yet but it definitely casts a lot of light with an intense center cone. I can illuminate about a 1/3 of an acre in my backyard and can see what is outside my windows. My only suggestion for an improvement would be for an eye for a lanyard to be attached. If you are naïve to led flashlights like I was, this may be too much light for you. In the owners manual , it warns of the strobe feature potentially causing seizures in susceptible individuals and not to look into the beam as it is a class 2 led device.
on July 5, 2015
This is the perfect Flashlight, 260 Lumens on Bright and a beam that lights up the correct area so you can see far, wide and clearly. With that said I might add I rarely run it on high, the medium setting is more then adequate and it will last even longer (4 hrs on med, 2 on high and 7 on low) on that setting. They make one with 500 Lumens, the HD or HL model, however unless you have a specific need for that much light (and you probably won't when you see how well this one works) you will just wear the battery down just about the time you want to use it. The design, the battery life, the size, the weight are all Very well thought out and makes this the Absolutely perfect flashlight for EVERY circumstance. I promise you wont be disappointed. I have purchased four of these and one extremely high powered one for almost double the price. Nothing compares to this model You simple will be amazed!
on June 24, 2016
We've had this flashlight for 3 years and it's still going pretty strong. It started off as a patrol flashlight, made it's way to my wife when she worked corrections, and eventually because our emergency flashlight for at home after some upgrades for work. It's bright, fairly light weight, and has a decent battery life. It's taken some abusive both on the streets and at our house (a 5 year old boy roughhousing with it) and has been exposed to rain, extreme heat being left in vehicles in the west Texas summer, and mud/dirt. The only issue I care to complain about is the button seems to be giving out, it takes a few hard presses to get it to come on now. Considering everything we've put it through I'm not mad or surprised. Great little flashlight, it's never let us down when we needed it. I'd recommend it for sure.
on June 27, 2017
This is my second one. The first one fell off my motorcycle and was run over by a car. It continued working for about a two years and then the switch started to be unreliable. Decided better to buy another flashlight instead of replacing the switch. Very happy, works great.
on May 30, 2015
First off, this is a fantastic flashlight. The build quality is amazing, it's very bright, the non-roll design is fantastic, and above all else, it holds a charge like nobody's business. I use it for various build projects, around-the-house, and outdoors use, so it only gets mild use, but even so, after not being on the charging cradle for weeks at a time, I have the confidence that when I pick it up, it will still work. It's amazing in that regard.

The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is because about a year ago I ordered a second one, and it had a few things wrong with it. One, the light pattern was not solid, i.e. something in the assembly was casting a shadow "ring" into the light pattern. Second, the button on the back could cut out, and had to be pressed several times before the light would kick on, sometimes triggering the strobe mode. Last but not least, even with very little use, it finally stopped working altogether last week.

The first one is still operating like the day I bought it.

I'm going to look into warranty now, but I may be too late, but if not I will post about my experience there.

Overall I would buy this again.