Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Streamlight 74751 Strion LED HL Rechargeable High Lumen Professional Flashlight with 120-volt AC/12-volt DC 1-Holder Charger
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on October 7, 2013
I am a Police Officer, and I have to say this light is simply incredible. It's the brightest, most compact light I've been able to find. I replaced an older Streamlight Stinger (which is still a great light) with this Strion HL model. I wanted something extremely bright, but compact enough to fit in my tactical vest pocket--This fit the bill exactly.

This light is perfect for traffic stops (which is a very large part of the job). The Stinger I've used for years has a more concentrated beam and when I would shine it into a vehicle, the occupants could see exactly what I was illuminating (kind of like a large laser pointer in this regard). The Strion HL has a broader beam and does an excellent job of lighting up the entire interior of each vehicle.

The HL model is also perfect for clearing houses/buildings and searching through wooded areas because of the extreme brightness and broad beam.

I can only think of 2 negative things about this light (that are easily corrected by changing the settings on the light)...
1. The charge only lasts about 1 hour on the 500 lumen setting. This is sufficient for me on most days. You can always turn the lumens down to increase runtime if needed. Even at the 250 lumen setting, this light is extremely bright!
2. It is so bright that it's hard to see when using it to illuminate for writing purposes. Once again though, you can turn the lumens down if necessary.

Bottom line is that this is an excellent product that is backed by the Streamlight quality we've been used to for so long. I've done a lot of research on other flashlights out there, and I am confident that this light is the best on the market right now! I would recommend this light to anyone. It's worth every penny!
on March 22, 2015
Super bright little flashlight. Takes up no room on my belt and has twive the lumens of my streamlight stinger. Buy the brite strike btl holder for this light. It has a unique roller system to keep in place and holds the light extremely secure. I uploaded a few photos.
review image review image
on May 2, 2013
This is one of best tactical led light you can get.500 lumes.I was looking at the Surefire.This is better and less $$
You can use it as a weapon light as it is made to handle the recoil of a 12 gauge.It is a blinding light ever in broad daylight.
It will light up a football field at night and it's rechargeable.It is worth every penny.Streamlight also backs the stuff 100%.
This is the 4th Streamlight light I have purchased.I had a small problem with one of my pen lights and they replaced it for free.This is a great light for law enforcement as well.Small,lightweight and very powerful.I am amazed that you get this much power from a small light.Technology has come a long way in Led lights. This light could save your life.Well worth the price.
on August 9, 2013
i have always been a huge fan of streamlight. their products are the best quality. this is the fourth flashlight i have bought from streamlight and i have loved them all. the strion led hl is extremely bright and durable. i use it for law enforcement and it is the perfect size and weight on my duty belt. it charges quickly and lasts a while. i switched from my stinger led ds to this light and love it. this is a great light and i highly recommend it! definite buy.
on September 23, 2015
Fantastic flashlight!

I'm an airline pilot and was looking for a portable, discreet flashlight that can easily be put in a full flight bag, yet has a high power, quality beam for doing "walk arounds". The Streamlight 74751 far and away exceeded my expectations (and they were high, after reading reviews). The flashlight has a very powerful (yet adjustable) beam in a very small, compact design (fits easily in pant pockets).

Some of the main benefits that I think stand out and should be mentioned are:

- Very powerful beam, especially considering its it's very compact size! (the entire light easily fits inside a pocket, unless you wear skinny jeans)
- Metal housing, yet is lighter than it looks.
- 3 beam brightness settings, in addition to a strobe setting.
- Pressing the power button lightly (without "clicking" it on) turns on the light temporarily (momentary switch), then immediately turns off when you lift your finger off the button. I find this a fantastic feature for walk arounds when you're in and out of dark spots you need to illuminate, without the constant wear and tear of "clicking" on and off.

The box includes the flashlight, recharging base (clamps the flashlight onto the charging contacts), AC power adapter (to charge at home, etc), and a DC car power outlet adapter. The latter 2 adapters plug into a universal socket on the recharging base.

All in all, a fantastic flashlight that I highly recommend. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. The only down side is possibly the price, but then again, you do get what you pay for (which I've found out several times over with other flashlights).
review image
on September 30, 2013
Fantastic light. It's nice and small, so doesn't take much room on your belt. Also, it is the brightest flashlight that I have ever encountered, makes my co-workers jealous! Also the features are great, my favorite is the momentary on, but also has an extremely powerful strobe. Also, the fact that it is rechargeable... best light
on November 4, 2013
This Flashlight is great. Sometimes I use it instead of my brights when I'm driving on a dark night. The strobe mode is very effective, and it offers 3 intensities that are easy to access (though, I never find myself using anything dimmer than the 600 setting). The wall mounting charger allows me to keep it mounted and nearby when I want it.
on October 1, 2013
500 lumens. Assembled in the USA. The battery pack is made in China but the internal cells are made in Japan. The only complaint is that this does not have a hole for lanyard.

The paint is extremely robust; I tried to inscribe my initials but I had to use metal pick and took several paths before the bare metal was shown.
on September 25, 2015
I was debating between the Stinger and the strion, but after comparing everything I was on the fence about which one to purchase, as much time as I spend in a vehicle this strion light is shorter in length so it is much more comfortable and easier to maneuver around, also this strion is a lithium ion battery not an nicad or nickel metal hydrate. Cost really didn't play much of a role because they were close enough for the extra lumens in the stinger, but I chose this strion for all around use especially from a vehicle. I also use it as a vehicle spotlight because our vehicle does not have a spotlight in it. I can light up an area to positively identify objects from more than 75 yards away so no vehicle spotlight needed. Love this light... Love this light!
on December 20, 2014
I have multiple Streamlight products, so I had high expectations for the Strion rechargable LED, and I am not disappointed. The flashlight is extremely bright for its size and fits perfectly in your hand. The button cap controls are intuitive and easy to operate (I can't say this for some other brands of tactical-style flashlights I own). My only complaints are minor ones:

First, I was really looking forward to having the car charger, so that the flashlight could be recharged on camping trips. I was disappointed to find, however, that using the car charging cord requires the use of the charging bracket, which I intend to mount to the wall in the laundry room. I guess I was expecting that it would be a cord capable of clipping onto the light and charging it independent of the wall charger. I will look into getting a second wall bracket so I can utilize the car charger separately.

My other observation is really minor, and that is about the way the bracket mounts to the wall. Given the force it takes to pull the flashlight from the bracket, I want to make sure the screws hit a stud in the wall. The bracket, however, is made such that the screws are on the horizontal axis (if you mount it so the flashlight lens is up, as they recommend) not the vertical axis, so that it would be easy to screw into a single stud. Additionally the holes are too far apart for the two screws to hit one stud. It is a minor annoyance for me, and perhaps there is a compelling reason why it is designed that way, but it's one of those things that leaves me scratching my head.

All that being said, however, this light and its accessories are extremely well made, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Updated note: So I guess I should have done more research to know exactly what I was getting (but this was an Amazon "lighting deal" so I still came out OK price-wise). I now see that this flashlight is available in a different set, which includes the two charger cords and two holders. The regular price on Amazon for this option seems to be better than if you purchase the second base separately. Still very happy with my purchase, however.