Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 134 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 206 reviews
Talk about a bright LED light. Compact and lightweight, it gives off a wide - wider than expected - beam. Lights up an entire room! Not a lot of range since it's a flood light, but it's ideal for power outages or lighting your way on a path. The light is bluer than what you'd get from an incandescent bulb, closer to Halogen than Krypton (the bulb, not the planet.) Includes 4aa batteries. Rubber over the button on the rear seems a little thin, but is pretty durable. Lught pattern is a little uneven with hot spots, but that's typical of LED's.

Followup: Over two years later, and the light is still going strong!
on February 29, 2016
I bought this light along with the blackjack mount. I got it in the mail Saturday, put it on my helmet Sunday morning when I put my gear on track. The light fit securely in the mount and is very durable to the touch. I guess it brought the firegod with it because we made a fire that night. It took the heat, flames and water like a champ. I had it on for approx 3-4 hours while overhauling and it's still in perfect condition. I will be purchasing another one for backup and one for a gift.
on October 9, 2016
I bought this because of the "lifetime warranty" and sure enough, if you spend the money to send it back to them, they will do something, and return it to you working for the time being, and then it will fail again.

I have sent it in about 4 times, and after the most recent time when it stopped working, I am just going to get something else. I mean, I don't use this that often, but it just isn't very good, and you will waste postage costs of more than the cost to get a different one.
on October 5, 2005
I have become a huge fan of this light. I used to only use the SureFire and Streamlight "Lithium Battery" type lights, but after a hundred dollars worth of replacement batteries I thought I should find something that doesnt take $15-$20 worth of batteries at a shot. I then found a major disapointment in the LED/Regular bulb selectable setup of another Streamlight I purchased. My next option was this one, I am completely satasfied and now have two for around the house and one for my wifes car and another for my car. These are small, sturdy, easy to manipulate, have a long battery life and give out a fantastic amount of light.

As the actual light goes, it is very crisp and bluish white colored. It lights up a large area nicely. It does not travel a long distace but easily provides enough light to light up a room or trail, or to work on a car at night.

Another great thing about this light, funny as it sounds, is that the handle is not round, it is oblong shaped. Sounds odd until you have to hold it in your mouth while using both your hands to change a tire on your car, then you understand how handly that handle really is.

This is a great light, bright, compact, inexpensive, long battery life. Almost everything you could ask for in a light for around the house or to keep in the car.
on October 17, 2005
After using this flashlight, I can't imagine using any other flashlight. The battery life is so amazing that you don't have to feel bad leaving it on. We used them in Hawaii to find out way back from the active lava flow. We had to hike 4 miles across uneven hardened lava in the dark to get back. The flashlights made it possible - we lent an extra one to another couple so that they could make it back too. Their conventional flashlight's batteries died.

The flashlight will light up a room and light up the ground in front of you very well. Does not focus like a conventional flashlight. The light goes all over and lights up whatever surface you shine at much better, but cannot go long distances (not over 15 feet well) since it disperses.

Great product! Would highly recommend. Incidentally, despite some reviews suggesting that they are easily broken, I have not had any problems with any of the 3 we purchased and even have dropped them accidentally a few times.
on January 18, 2004
I have never owned another light so durable. The batteries last
a very long time (like 150 hours) so even leaving it on for a day
is not a problem. It is really good light. I will only buy LED flashlights
from now on.
on February 28, 2006
In preparing for my first 100 mile ultra run, I compared and read reviews for several flashlights. This by far is the best in comparison. In reality, it proved to be just what was advertised. For the price, you get a more light for the buck. It is very lightweight too; it also fits comfortably in my hand and easily attached to my handheld water bottle. I used it for about 10 hours on one set of batteries. The more LEDS the flashlight has the better the illumination. However, the light started to become noticeably dim after about 6 to 7 hours. This was not a major issue since my pace was considerably slower. It was enough light to guide me into daylight. If I happen to run an ultra again, I may try using a headlamp to complement the flashlight.
on June 11, 2012
Great design. The body is comfortable in hand, durable, and waterproof. I think this is the perfect size for my hand. Big enough to fill the hand, but not bulky or heavy. The 4AA cell size provides good power and longevity.

A small gripe: it would be nice if it could tail-stand *better* to serve as a lantern.... the button shape DOES allow it to tailstand, but it is not as stable as some of my other lights. Its not great at standing but, it is still doable. I would not let this deter me from buying this light. The tail-click power button design is very intuitive and handy.

This Lux LED version is definitely the one to get!! Don't waste your time with the halogen/xenon bulb version! The Luxeon LED version has a much better beam and more consistent output. (I cannot speak for the 7 LED version as I have no experience.)
on August 17, 2005
The best all purpose general use flashlight on the market today! (My opinion) I took one on a 2 week mountain camping trip near Lake Tahoe. Used it serveral hours every night reading and NEVER had to change the batteries once. It really does last for 155 hours on only 4 AA batteries. It stayed amazingly bright the entire trip and did not dim like normal flashlights do. It's completely waterproof and it's very light weight and puts off tons of light. With the LED's there is no bulb to break if dropped. (Very kid proof) It does not roll away from you because of the oval shaped handle which also makes it very natural to hold for long periods. Streamlight has a real winner here!! Many people on the trip wanted to know where they could purchase one. I can't see myself ever using the old style flashlight ever again. I am going to purchase two more of these flashlights, one for my emergency kit at home and one for my trucks glove box. And who knows, maybe even a few stocking stuffers this Christmas.

*** I also found a holder that is perfect if you want/need to carry this flashlight on your belt. The oval shaped handle of the flashlight fits perfectly into the sturdy nylon holder. It is the Bianchi Accumold ASP 21-inch nylon baton holder (model#: 7313). You can find them at police duty equipment web sites or search for them on google or froogle. The holders cost about $15-20. ***
on November 11, 2006
I bought two of these for a camping trip and they worked quite well on NiMH

batteries when the batteries were charged. I did have a problem with the

batteries as one of them wouldn't hold a complete charge. The flashlight

was moderately dimmer but that's expected.

The flashlight with the recommended alkaline batteries is a little brighter

as they put out 1.5 volts while NiHM puts out 1.2 volts.

They're rugged as advertised and pretty convenient. These two flashlights have replaced our two-D-cell flashlights for general use and not having to

recharge and replace batteries is very nice.

These flashlights are pricey but I chose them over some cheaper models

as they advertise a 100,000 hour bulb life compared to some LED lights

that advertise 10,000 hours.

I also have a Princeton Tec Attitude 4-AAA cell LED flashlight with three

leds.

I keep this in my backpack or carry it in my shirt pocket when I need more

modest lighting as it's smaller and lighter.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question