Streamlined Object Modeling: Patterns, Rules and Implementation (Coad Series) PAP/CDR Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- A rigorous and practical framework for modeling business systems
- Pares object modeling down to its core concepts, making it easier than ever.
- Twelve object collaboration patterns that address virtually any business scenario
- Powerful techniquesnot fancy notation!
The first rigorous and practical approach for modeling complex business domains, rules, and systems.
Streamlined Object Modeling presents the first rigorous, practical framework for object modeling complex business domains, rules, and systems. Three world-renowned leaders in object development have pared object modeling down to the core concepts for all business domains, business rules, and business services. Starting from the first principles of "object think," the authors offer a fully integrated approach to building, validating, and critiquing object models. Coverage includes:
- Proven principles and techniques for successfully modeling the structure and operations of any business domain.
- Guidelines for finding and associating objects, assembling object models, and distributing system behavior among objects.
- Rigorous methods for discovering, organizing, and implementing business rules around objects.
- Twelve all-encompassing "collaboration patterns"what they represent, how they relate, and how to apply them.
- Five kinds of business rules, three types of services, and six categories of properties completely specify object-oriented business requirements
From start to finish, the book makes extensive use of examples drawn from real commercial applications. To illustrate how streamlined object modeling flows from analysis to code, it also presents a complete case study derived from a real-world application, and implemented in two leading object-oriented languages-Java, and the Squeak implementation of Smalltalk.
About the Author
JILL NICOLA is an independent software consultant in Houston, TX who has worked in object-oriented software for over 15 years as a programmer, mentor, modeler, and architect. She specializes in helping organizations apply object techniques to develop strategies and model business processes, and co-authored Object-Oriented Programming with Peter Coad.
MARK MAYFIELD is the Object Guru at Chelsea Market Systems in Houston, TX. A leading authority on object modeling patterns, he has created hundreds of object models in a wide range of commercial environments, and co-authored Object Models: Strategies, Patterns, & Applications and Java Design with Peter Coad.
MIKE ABNEY is a Senior Java Developer at Chelsea Market Systems in Houston, TX who has performed many roles in software development, including analysis, user interface and software architecture design, coding, and project management.
- Item Weight : 3.53 ounces
- Paperback : 388 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0130668397
- ISBN-13 : 978-0130668394
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 0.88 x 9.25 inches
- Publisher : Prentice Hall; PAP/CDR Edition (September 21, 2001)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,903,855 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: