Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Street Boners: 1,764 Hipster Fashion Jokes
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon May 22, 2010
This book was such a hit with my son and all of his friends. They are all in their early twenties, but I enjoyed it just as much. I now regularly visit the author's site for daily updates--there are actually some great posts there as well. Since the religion in this household is pretty much sarcasm, it is making a great addition to my son's bathroom humor collection. It is not a book to be taken seriously, so relax and page through this one.
on October 7, 2012
Maybe my standards are too high but this didn't hold up to the Does and Don't book.

There wer some funny comments but most we just "meh" observations on "med" pictures.

A little editing down of material would have made this better.
on February 24, 2016
Don't let the 1 star reviews of a few bitter social justice warriors steer you away from the funny and intelligent
book full of hipster fashion critiques. If you're familiar with the Vice Dos and Dont's, Street Boners follows the same premise
in which everyday people are caught by the camera and their fashion choices given short "evaluations".

No one is above judgement, from the tragically hip to everyday people caught in the crossfire. The commentary is smart, funny and always seems to be paired perfectly with the individuals in question. You'll be laughing to yourself more than once.

What I really liked is the book balances the visuals elements with some great written content; spot-on analysis of fashion trends over the years, tips for dressing yourself, and some short Q&A with lifestyle photographers such as LA's Cobrasnake. Mcinnes offers the reader his brand of humor which is sure to offend the politically correct, sensitive types, or college students.

This is a pretty thick book and would be good to take on a flight or keep you company in the bathroom. There's a LOT of funny content in here and you'll need more than one sitting to get through it all. Fortunately the book has been laid out so you don't feel overwhelmed. I recommend just opening and skipping around a bit before you attempt a cover-to-cover.

Again, don't let the reviews written by some bitter college kids steer you away. Street Boners is scathing, hilarious, and engaging all at once. Worth the price of entry.
on April 28, 2015
Fun to read in the bathroom or in a doctor's office.
on August 2, 2010
gavin mcinnes is not a genius. he's a meathead, irritating canadian fratpunk, and I think he rules. of course his book is awesome. i like to read it with my girlfriend. she LOLs and then we have sex. thanks sbtvc. you have at least 1 fan in brazil (it's my penis).
on June 26, 2010
This was very entertaining. My favorite part of gossip magazines is the fashion sections where we get to see the starts hits and misses. What could be better than a whole book about fashion hits and misses? Not much in my opinion.

There were a few pictures that were just gross, but for the most part it was pretty tasteful. And if you're familiar with Vice Magazine, you're probably expecting that anyway.

There were so many pictures in here that I had to dogear to show other people because I just had to validate that I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. I think some of these pictures can only be explained because the people wearing the outfits don't own mirrors... Some of them were just hilarious, like they tried really hard but just missed one very important part.

Not to say that I'm the best dressed person around (believe me I'm far from it), but if I ever decide to leave the house in some of these outfits, just lock me up.

While the outfits were entertaining enough they added comments to make it that much better. I laughed out loud quite a few times with this one. It was a perfectly executed picture book. Although some of the Do's took me a minute to figure out what they did right, as at first look they appeared to be Don'ts but once I figured out their rational behind the ratings things just started to fall into place.

Very entertaining! It was also a great one to share with others to get their reactions to some of the Don'ts. I think a fun night could be had by all just passing around this book. And if you have a friend that's a don't I think this book may help with the fashion intervention.
on December 1, 2010
This is a funny book featuring pictures of random people and their style of dress/living. It's a cool bathroom or coffee table book but has some 18+ photographs. (One of them being my favorite (: ) that may not be suitable for young children. There some cursing in the book as well. It was made from the guys who bring you Vice Magazine I believe. Great book and pretty cheap too. If you are into fashion or just into laughing at the expense of others, get this book.
on August 13, 2014
Its a book about a hipster boomer that wants to tell everyone how cool it used to be and how the kids have ruined it. I hear its a must read on fox news.
on July 7, 2010
This book is extremely funny at times and extremely gross at times.

The author seems to be VERY sexist! I would say he judges unfairly in a lot of cases because of his 'exploding boners'--I would say close to 100% of the females in this book rated no lower than a 5. I think he judged more based on the girls face/body than what she was wearing. And a lot of the comments could definitely be seen as offensive to gays.

The authors personal flaws aside, it's an entertaining book.
on August 18, 2014
Basically a whole book on someone who thinks he's funny when he obviously isn't. The funniest part of this book is that Gavin McInnes shows how much of a terrible person he is with extremely racist, sexist, and anti-lgbt jokes.

If you want something funny to read, why don't you try an actual comedian like George Carlin, instead of some deluded hack that thinks he's both cool and funny.