Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Street Cat Named Bob: How One Man and His Cat Found Hope on the Streets
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on March 17, 2012
Don't recall where I saw the book cover early this morning, but I fell in love with Bob's picture and bought the Kindle edition. Downloaded it, got sucked in reading the first few pages and didn't put it down until I'd finished reading it a few hours later.

I laughed out loud and had tears running down my cheeks as I read their very touching and heart-warming story ... and I hated that the book had to end.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us, James and Bob!

All the best.
hal
TwoBigCats
22 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2012
This is the best read I have had in a long time. First heard about it on TV, where they interviewed the author. It is based on a true story and I would love to see it as a movie. I had a ginger tom who died at the age of 13. He was so sweet a companion but he never did the amazing stuff this cat did. It is as though this cat was sent by God or an angel, to help this man find a sense of guidance and purpose, thus changing his life. It reveals so much about others and how they perceive the homeless and down-on-their-luck. It does much to reinforce my belief that animals are put here to make us better people, so we should be their guardians and protectors in return. Awesome book.
22 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2012
Praise to James Bowen and Bob! I think Mr. Bowen and his editor did a fabulous job with the narrative of this book and in conveying the journey he and Bob have made together from drug addiction and living rough on the streets to a more stable and responsible existence. This book is a fine example of the healing powers of animals in giving someone without much hope something to live and strive for; to be a better person. As the quote goes, "My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog (in this case, cat) already thinks I am", so does Mr. Bowen try to become that person and succeeds very nicely. The prose is very down to earth and straight-forward and Mr. Bowen does not allow himself to be a victim and takes full responsibility for the actions which landed him on the streets. I love the theme of second chances in this book and that you've got to be able to recognize and act upon them. And obviously Bob is one uncommon cat as I've found ginger tabbies so often are, and very attached to his person, James. I hope this book changes both their lives for the better and may they have nothing but health and prosperity from this point forward.
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2012
I purchased this book after seeing a short about Bob on Icanhazcheesburger. Whilst not a hard read, the book grabbed you and I couldn't put it down.

The honesty and emotion in this book was really refreshing, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Best of luck to James and Bob! I hopefully I will see you in my travels.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2012
Having 3 adopted cats at the present time and 2 others in the past, I enjoyed the book extremely. It was a fast read and brought back some memories of my other cats. Cats are perfect companions for someone going through difficult times and bring wonder to their owner(s). Loved it. My Three Cats and I are living to the max here in Kentucky. Got a note from my neighbor about "Bob" and I immediately previewed it on Amazon and read it on my Kindle.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2012
I just finished reading the very last paragraph of the book and I am sitting here crying like a baby! What a wonderful story of hope, friendship, life and love. I would recommend this book to anyone. Cat lover or not. It will move you and make you think.
on March 19, 2012
I just absolutely love this story and become a fan of Bob. I'm so emotionally touched by the way they bond together, the love they have for each other, and the faith they take in... It's just brilliantly amazing!!
on April 7, 2012
one of the best books ive read in years and its all true as well i live in london england never seen bob and james wished i had i saw them on t.v. one day just after the book came out went stright out and bought myself a copy hardback read it in four days if any book should be made into a FILM this is the one i hope someone from hollywood is reading this or one of the other reviews p.s look up bob and james on youtube lots of info and great videos this is my first review on amazon.com U.S.A ALL THE OTHERS ARE ON AMAZON .CO.UK JUST HAD TO TELL THE U.S.A WHAT A GREAT BOOK THIS IS BUY IT AND RECCOMEND IT TO EVERYONE i have now meet james and his lovely cat BOB (24.04.2012) while i was shopping in NEAL STREET LONDON got my book signed by both so nice is james to talk too HE WAS BUSKING WITH HIS GUITAR
55 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2012
I've just fnished this wonderful book, it's candid and honest. I truly hope that by reading it people will soften up and give those in need an opportunity to put their lives back on track. I love cats, but I felt sad all the way through the book about how James the great caretaker, was as he said, dehumanized in the eyes of passers by. I hope he and Bob get a fair go.
on March 27, 2012
You know what they say .... sometimes angels don't have wings. Bob was truly an angel who saved James from certain self-destruction. And it's clear very early on that James saved Bob's life as well. It's a very good read, quite heartwarming and brought a few tears (the happy kind). James displayed that Bob means the world to him over and over. They truly did save each other. I highly recommend this book and hope that James and Bob have a long, healthy, prosperous life together. Also proves another true sentiment: Real Men Love Cats!

Would be wonderful in the not-so-distant future to read a sequel so we can all continue the journey with Bob and James and find out how they're doing since the book release.