Other Sellers on Amazon
Street Fighter II, Vol. 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
Contains episodes 1 - 7:
Episode 1: The Beginning of a Journey
Episode 2: The King of the Air Force
Episode 3: Landing in Hong Kong
Episode 4: Darkness at Kowloon Palace
Episode 5: Hot Blooded Fei Long
Episode 6: Appearance of the Secret Technique
Episode 7: The Revenge of Ashura
- Contains 7 Half Hour Episodes
- Theme Song
- Manga Fan Club Info
Top Customer Reviews
- The animation and art quality of this series is kinda bad...although at times it will look great, most of the times the characters keep changing how they look- sometimes they look buff, other times they look thin and ugly, other times they look stupid... as if the artists were always taking turns drawing.
- At times, the DVD color will screw up a little. Though, not really a major problem after you get used to it, but in the beginning, it might become very annoying.
- The biggest flaw in the DVD- They took away the intro theme song(Kaze fuiteru- which, btw, is the best anime song I'v ever heard by far.) and video, and they also took out the ending theme. These were replaced by a techno like theme which is ok, but I'd much rather have Kaze Fuiteru instead.
- Even though the Japanese voices are the perfect choice for the characters, sometimes they're moving their lips and instead we will either listen to laughing(which wont match the lips) or nothing at all...
But, now for the pluses of this wonderful series and DVD:
- The japanese voices are P E R F E C T for every single character, even the Director of Fei Long's movie. I specially like Chun- Li's voice, which is as cute as you can get.
- The english voices are OK...although at times I feel like Manga only casted these voices for their battle cries and yelling. Ken and Chun- Li's battle cries are pretty good, but their voices are awful, they dont match the characters at all.
Fei Long's voice is good, although his Bruce Lee like yelling during his fight with Ken was not Bruce Lee at all...Read more ›
The first volume is my favorite. The first episode really gets you on Ryu and Ken's side and you can't wait to see how they will become world class street fighters.
The animation was great, especially the martial arts sequences. I really like how they drew all the Street Fighter guys and the original characters were also very well drawn.
The sound is great. I prefer the english dub over the japanese voices with subtitling, but thankfully both options are available with this DVD. The opening and closing theme music are great. Street Fighter II V is my favorite martial arts anime. Try to find the box set instead of buying each individual volume though, because you won't want to miss a single episode. This DVD is worth owning.
I STRONGLY recommend that if you are getting this get all 4 volumes. You'll find yourself hungering for what happens next and the finale is worth it!!! :)
The only reason I held back from giving this a full 5 star rating is because I got some glitches on a couple of the episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if it's because of how many episodes they crammed into each disc.
Still, sans glitches this is a must for true anime fans and Street Fighter junkies.
What makes this better than the rather dour Street Fighter Zero is that it has a pretty good sense of humor, great fight scenes, interesting plots and the occasional moment of cartoonish goofiness. Each episode is made up of a brand new adventure as Ken and Ryu travel the world, getting into mischief. A simple formula, but it works.
Since the show is from the mid-nineties the animation isn't as smooth as more recent stuff, but you shouldn't let that ruin your enjoyment. The only thing I can complain about is the opening credit sequence, which just takes too long.
The DVD is in 1.33:1, as originally drawn with Dolby Stereo sound. Extras are limited to a few Manga trailers.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i dont care what anyone says this show no matter what the year is exellent it a little better than the vhs versionPublished 24 months ago by calvin sheppard
if you like Animea and if you like Street Fighter the video game series
then you will like this dvd.
Way too boring and slow story line development, not a whole lotta action here bubs.Published on September 7, 2007 by G. Ramirez
I never watched the entire run of the show, because the first few episodes; the ones represented on this DVD, were phenomenally boring. Read morePublished on October 19, 2004 by Gameshark
If you don't have high expectations this is a good DVD to buy. Since this is only the beginning of the series the story doesn't really hit the runway til the third episode, and it... Read morePublished on May 14, 2002 by MartialWay
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this series, however, I've been having some annoying problems with this disc. Read morePublished on January 18, 2002