Street Hawk: The Complete Series
Deal of the Day: "M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie" on DD
Today only, save big on this M*A*S*H bundle, which includes all 11 seasons of the hit television show and the feature film. This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, July 27, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The show's premise comes across to me as a bit of The Lone Ranger being crossed with another popular '80's TV show, Knight Rider. No one knows who the hero is under the mask (or in Street Hawk's case, the helmet) but he rides a computer-enhanced motorcycle replete with futuristic functionality and weaponry.
On to my review of the product itself. Equipment used to view the series was a Sony HDTV, upconverting Toshiba DVD recorder, and 6.1 Sony Home Theater surround sound.
I enjoyed re-watching these shows as I hadn't seen them since they last went off the air in 1985 on ABC. The suspension of dis-belief was still needed, of course, as the show was geared toward a younger audience but still it was fun seeing them again for the first time in 25 years.
However, I am docking this DVD release two stars for two big reasons:
1) The video presentation was faded and looked awfully washed out. Yes, I know the show is 25 years old. By contrast, the commercial DVD releases of TJ Hooker as well as Starsky and Hutch look better on my HDTV than this release did and those shows are older than this one.
2) The sound was awfully weak in some of the episodes while decent in others. I really found myself wishing that Shout! would have taken the time to re-mix the sound into 5.1, as Universal did with their release of Miami Vice.Read more ›
This DVD release is great. The extras are nice (includes cast interviews, making of, unaired pilot, etc.). The video quality is good...and did I mention the soundtrack? The theme music and some of the incidental music in the show was provided by Tangerine Dream (an awesome German electronic music/krautrock group). This music was a perfect match for this high tech/high energy show.
Look...if you like motocross mixed with machine guns, rockets, lasers and computer assisted super speed...then Street Hawk is for you. You will believe a motorcycle can fly!!!
Excuse me, pardon me, nerd coming through.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice little blast from the past. I hate that there's only a handful of episodes, but at roughly $2 an episode it's not a bad deal. Read morePublished 3 days ago by HerLivingRoomHero
I love this show. Jeshe Mach definitely has the right stuff. For sure.Published 8 months ago by Lori Whitley
dvd is pack very well. only the first espodies work. the rest could not play to mean scarth on discPublished 9 months ago by elvis whatley jr
Poorly designed case. Leads to 90 % fail rate :( Gotta be a better clear case to hold 4 discs Heck TCM has one but it's not clearPublished 9 months ago by Lee A. Bartholomew
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV