Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 130 reviews
on June 7, 2014
I discovered this gem at a Blockbuster Video around 1993 in Florida.Since I only checked the horror section and have seen most,I grabbed this one.I watched it that night and couldn`t stop laughing.The sick sense of humor was right on par with me and the Bronson character having Nam flashbacks reminded me of old friends that were in that war.Lot of that stuff was right on target.Most of the bums have perfect teeth(only noticeable flaw).The special effects were fun and colorful.And each actor played their rolls to the hilt.I have been through many releases and versions through the years and now I can finally stop.This edition is as complete as you are gonna get.I got to thank Roy Frumkes via computer years ago for making a very cool and funny movie.The worst version I have seen of this movie was from a Japanese vhs tape.All nudity is blurred out.Even down to the naked girl collage in the tire hut!!Oh well,if you don`t have this movie and have a warped mind like myself,you better grab this version.Synapse doesn`t disappoint with their releases.
on February 16, 2017
Enjoyably campy and fun B-movie in itself, but one star rating given is for the Amazon streaming video version: take note that this is a CENSORED version of the movie with several scenes cut!! Unacceptable.
on June 27, 2014
A New York liquor store owner finds an old, old case of cheap wine called Viper while cleaning out the cellar stock room and decides to sell them for $1 a bottle. The the locals (mostly bums/homeless and transients) who buy them start melting in Technicolor! The young runaways who live under a large pile of old tires in an auto graveyard are at odds with the sociopathic Vietnam vet led group of crazy street people who live nearby. The local detective desperately wants to get something on the crazy vet who supposedly has a human femur bone for a knife. A mob boss restaurant owner is having girlfriend and employee problems, (James Lorinz plays a doorman with some great on liners) Oh, and did I mention people keep melting and exploding! The acting is mostly atrocious and the special effects are unique and cheesy to say the least but the crazy story and twisted characters make this a dark comedy of unparalleled proportions! This movie is not for the squeamish, prudish or weak of heart! I laughed my a$$ off and I don't even drink wine!
on February 4, 2017
This is an edited version of this movie, and if you're going to watch this movie it really shouldn't be edited. this movie is Street trash, and it's popular for how far it goes gore and over the top scenes. It's missing some of the gore scenes, and the entire well shall we say the"keep away the penis" scene. If you're going to watch this movie find a full version and just pass on this one. After all you're going to watch straight trash watch the full version and not some chopped piece of crap.
on January 10, 2014
I'd been hearing a lot about this film over the years on movie forums. I noticed it's regularly on youtube but the image quality is horrible and I wanted to watch a decent copy. So comes along the Blu-ray, and I got to say this is how blu-rays should be done. No crappy VHS transfer here. The picture was surprisingly crystal clear for a budget movie made in the mid 80's. Hell, I could pause it and count the pores on a actors face if I really wanted to.

The story was enjoyably over the top and the practical fx were brilliant for fans (like myself) of that sort of thing. Highly recommended.
on April 14, 2017
Grim, gross, and totally crazy!
A tale of two homeless brothers, who live among the dregs of humanity, at a New York junkyard.
Teaming with all kinds of social degenerates. The Mayhem Starts, when a liquor store owner finds some old prohibition booze in his shop's basement. The stuff has fermented and anyone who drinks it dissolves, explodes, or both! Funny, filthy and it fits perfectly with the Toxic Avenger Trilogy! Take a shower after viewing. You might throw up with laughter!!!
on April 4, 2017
Its Street Trash, funny gory and loads of fun.
on April 6, 2017
great movie i loved it
on March 22, 2014
My friend and I love old horror and sci fi films ect... We are always trying to buy each other the next greatest thing and this was it.
This film is perfect for anyone into ridiculous splatter and insane special effects.

Im not sure what genre to call the film. It could be horror I guess but It has a unique feel to it.

Just watch it.