In the sleazy, foreboding world of winos, derelicts and drifters in lower Manhattan, two young runaways eighteen-year-old Fred (MIKE LACKEY) and his younger brother, Kevin (MARK SFERRAZZA), live in a tire hut in the back of a vast auto wrecking yard. Fred is burnt-out by the forces that destroyed his family life, whereas Kevin, having missed much of their childhood trauma, yearns to get back into society and lead a normal life. The most lethal threat to the boys is the case of Tenafly Viper in Ed's liquor store window. Ed found the cheapo wine behind a wall in his basement. The stuff's forty years old, and it's gone real bad. Anyone who drinks it melts within seconds... and it's only a dollar a bottle!!
The bums are lining up for their deaths like moths at a flame, and Fred standing right there amongst them. STREET TRASH is the subversive cult classic horror-comedy that rode the last wave of super-gore in the late 80s before the curtain fell on such outrageous material and we entered an era of safe, R rated horror flicks and endless, unoriginal remakes. Synapse Films is proud to present the 2-DVD Special Meltdown Edition of the 80s gore classic, STREET TRASH. Over four years in the making, this 2 DVD set contains the amazing two-hour documentary, THE MELTDOWN MEMOIRS.
- New Anamorphic Widescreen [1.78:1] Mastered in High-Definition
- New DD5.1 Remix and Original 2.0 Mono Soundtrack
- Two Audio Commentaries Featuring Producer Roy Frumkes and Director James Muro
- THE MELTDOWN MEMOIRS All-New TWO HOUR Documentary on the History and making of STREET TRASH
- STREET TRASH Original 16mm Short Film That Inspired the Movie
- Long Lost, Never-Before-Seen STREET TRASH Promotional Teaser
- Behind-The-Scenes Still Gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailer