Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 76 reviews
on September 19, 2006
In fact, it was December 1967 when a novella based on the Robert Thom screenplay appeared in "Esquire" magazine. I still remember sitting in the library reading it, trying VERY hard not to laugh out loud.

The premise came from media reports of the day that 51%, or some such number, of the population of the U.S. was under 30, or under 21, or whatever. What would happen if it were true, and if they miraculously united and acted LIKE a majority?

Director Barry Shear's best film by a mile. Fabulous performances from Christopher Jones (who does his own singing), Hal Holbrook, Ed Begley, Shelley Winters, Walter Winchell, Dick Clark and Melvin Belli, among others. The editing was nominated for an Oscar; the film is SO fast that when a mere 1 minute and 50 seconds are devoted to a song, it DRAGS (although Barry Mann & Cynthia Weill's "Shape of Things to Come" did manage to crack the Top 25).

It's a PARODY, people. So much so that the NY Times' Janet Maslin wrote two separate columns trying to explain it to those who didn't understand that something WAS happening in 1968, and in general the movies weren't paying attention. This one is an exception.

Several members of the cast, including Christopher Jones who turned his back on Hollywood for some 30 years, reunited for Larry Bishop's film "Mad Dog Time"; Bishop plays Max Frost's trumpet player here.

Nothing so far gets your interest? Try this - RICHARD PRYOR, on drums, has many of the best lines in the film. Theatres in inner-city Baltimore were damn proud to put his name on their marquees.

No extras, but so what?

And I'm startled to learn that some other reviewers actually managed to watch "Gas-s-s-s"; I stopped trying to get through it. Something about a guy who looks like he stepped out of "Godspell" going on a road trip...
on December 16, 2016
Off-beat movies. I like Shelley Winters, but I didn't like these movies. Maybe I needed to be in a different mood to enjoy them.
on October 10, 2013
Wild in the Streets is a hard to find movie so I was happy to find it here. I had never seen the second feature and didn't really care for the double packaging, but it was great fun to see the movie again.
on September 7, 2017
Great Product
on November 2, 2015
Was significant as it denoted everything that was happening in the late 60s early 70s. Kent State. Grtting yhd votevf3
on February 17, 2013
Don't judge this movie on current standards; it is a product of its era, and is a decent look at a crazy time. Get in the mood and take a trip back to when we couldn't trust anyone over 30. Now I'm 64 and still enjoy movies about that era because I lived through it and survived. I also enjoyed Gas-s-s-s, right up there with such movies as Psych-Out and The Trip, though not as professionally done as Wild in the Streets.
on March 23, 2013
when this came out at the drive-in, i saw a james dean type in the actor christopher jones. i also enjoyed him in his TV role in "the legend of jesse james" (a short run and soon cancelled series). i saw in Chris the same kind of loveable rebel that i was also fond of in "Alias Smith and Jones" (pete duel). the this movie as a whole is, in my opinion, not very good. but, there are many familiar old stars, who i really enjoyed seeing.
on June 6, 2015
I saw this movie when I was a k u. It brought back wonderful memories! Thanks for DVD in great condition!
on February 8, 2014
Told me it was a good thing and did thank me for the Wild in the Street ti was a good movie/
on January 6, 2007
I saw this when I was a kid and it greatly influenced me. I understood why the adults were in charge - until you are old enough you really don't understand that life cannot always be a game. It also helped me to understand how our country is run and how the Media and celbrities can influence national attitudes (for both good and ill). I also saw how everyone makes mistakes and that if you are not careful those mistakes can affect not just you but everyone around you. If you have a rebellous teen and you think they will get the point (I was four when the film was made but I saw it when I was about 10)I recommend that you watch this film with them. As for "Gas-s-s-s" just stick a label on that side - it was very disjointed and was made at a much later date (probably after the hippy movement had died out)the princple actors all act like they wish they had not missed it (but oviously had been born way after it)