Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 22, 2009, 7:47:38 PM PST
Anyone noticed if Streets of Rage 3 is censored? I'm looking for the uncencored version.

In Australia, the games is released as Sonic's Ultimate MegaDrive Collection. I'm ordering that with the LP bonus and hoping that it has uncensored Streets of Rage 3....:D

Posted on Mar 11, 2009, 1:42:58 AM PDT
how censored?

Posted on May 18, 2009, 12:51:35 PM PDT
J. Paul says:
Yeah Streets of Rage 3 is still censored even on the Ultimate collection but I just picked up Bare Knucle 3 and Golden Axe 3 all you need is the game Genie Codes for region lockout.

Posted on May 18, 2009, 1:00:43 PM PDT
J. Paul says:
Bare Knucle III region lockout code
AABT-AA5L
DJBT-AADN
RYDA-A608
AJDA-AAHA
you can use the same level select and 9 lives code.ca
Golden Axe III region lockout code
BT7T-CA9E
AA7T-CA9R
infinite energy
AJHA-AA5Y

Posted on Nov 23, 2009, 2:16:48 AM PST
maninblue says:
Streets of Rage 1 & 3 were not that great anyway. It was all about SOR2 and thats it. It had the best moves, music, and characters out of the group (minus Skate).

Posted on Jun 1, 2010, 7:02:00 PM PDT
To me, Streets of Rage 1 was the best out of the three.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2010, 8:50:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2010, 8:51:49 PM PDT
maninblue says:
Hmmm. Can't say I agree. The sequel had more of just about everything. More moves. More characters. More varied environments. More music variety. More bosses. The first one also had a sort of wonky hit detection that was never really an issue in the 2nd or 3rd one. I would like to hear your opinion. It's rare to find someone who cares remotely about these game anymore.

Posted on Feb 19, 2011, 11:01:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2011, 11:12:14 PM PST
J. Paul says:
Part 2 is by far the best of all of them but I like Streets Of Rage 1 3 was good as well but to me Streets Of Rage 3 Japaneese version is the true SOR 3. I don't know why it was censored here in the states cause the the gameplay is better in the Jap version the characters wear there original costumes there is a little more dialogue & the story makes more sense if you care about that sort of thing in level 1 if you remember Sheeva I think that is the guys name was driving this boat in the US version in The Japaneese version it's this dude named Ash who is a cliche G a y guy. There is cussing in the Japaneese version. There is a totally different opening. Blaze's note is different Adam isn't too busy to help he's doing some kind of Swat Team Counter Terrorist stuff. Axel never left the city. In the US version I believe it delt with The Chief being kidnapped for some reason. The Japaneese version has to do with a A General that is trying to stop a war from happening. Basically The X X X syndicate has kidnapped him & replace him with an imposter Sheeva in both versions. So this war in Lima & Rima fictional countries will happen so Mr X will make money.
The endings are just about the same except for different dialouge. The Good ending is a bit different though

As for the tragedy caused by Rakushin which was born between wisdom and ignorance,
the tomb has been closed.
And together with the noise of the city, this event has been erased from the minds of people.
(? highly poetical maybe)

I hope this helps & check ebay or play_asia . com. if your looking for Bare Knuckle III.

Posted on May 2, 2011, 11:56:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2011, 12:00:35 PM PDT
Back in the earlier days of video gaming I had first the original Atari 2600... about 1980. My favorites then were "Space Invaders", Missle Command and Chess! Haha! On the lowest level of chess you can beat the machine with a fool's mate... four moves I believe!... then I decided to go to 8-bit graphics with a Texas Instruments TI99-4A From there to the 16-bit Genisis, then the Sega Saturn. I was stunned by the graphics on the first Sonic game on the Genisis! What happened to Sonic and Friends? Now I run 2 desktop PC's (one is brand new... and a brand new laptop.... and the Playstation 3. I ordered this game (Ultimate Sonic Genesis) and am EXTREMELY anxious to play these games again on my Playstation!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 22, 2009
Latest post:  May 2, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - Playstation 3
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - Playstation 3 by Sega of America, Inc. (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars (477)