- File Size: 484 KB
- Print Length: 22 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: November 16, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00PR80SB6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,631,968 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #702 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Naturopathy
- #1704 in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Naturopathy
- #2537 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Mental Illness
Stress Management Techniques: Simple, Natural Stress-Reducing Methods to Cure your Anxiety and Stress (stress relief, stress reduction, stress advice, ... anxiety management, anxiety self help) Kindle Edition
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The variety of techniques and things from supplements, diets, getting out of the house, seeking professional help, you have a lot of options to choose from.
In his book, Dr. Wilson is very careful not to overwhelm the reader with medical or technical jargon. This makes the book a quick and easy read. By and large the information is understandable, the examples are common to most sufferers of stress. The ideas for dealing with stress are easy to follow.
I would have liked to see a short list of sources consulted for the information. That would have allowed me to investigate some of the areas I felt lacked sufficient detail with ease.
There are a number of times, however, when more detail, or at least more explanation, is needed. The following quote is taken from Chapter 3: Simple Diet and Lifestyle Techniques.
Making food choices while stressed can be a complication. In primitive times our body craved sugar when in a stressful situation in order to have an easy source of energy and to build up a fat store for future use.
The statement is provided in isolation and left without resolution. The preceding paragraph discusses alcohol. The paragraph that follows introduces neurotransmitters. I was left wondering
• What is complicated about sugar consumption?
• Why does the body crave sugar today?
• Is sugar bad?
No answers were given.
This lack of depth or completeness of information does not predominate the book. But, there are too many instances such as the above that leave the reader wondering about why they are included.
Chapter 4: Herbal, Nutritional and Drug Treatments, provides an overview of those three treatments. The bulk of the chapter consists of lists of regimens of herbal treatments and a glossary of terms used in those regimens. The only reference link in this book is found in this chapter.
Dr. Wilson does not suggest any approach to treating stress be initiated without consulting at least the reader’s primary care physician. He does not explicitly recommend any treatment or technique as “the cure” for stress.
This book has a few punctuation and grammar errors, but not enough to disrupt the read to any extent. For a reader interested learning a bit more about how stress affects the body and options for treatment of stress, this book is a good starting point.
I give this book a rating of 3 stars out of a possible 5 stars.
As someone with a history of suffering anxiety and panic attacks, Stress Management Techniques is a vital tool in helping me combat my anxiety and stress. I couldn't recommend this book highly enough to anyone else looking to cure or help their stress and anxiety levels. This book has not only helped me make lifestyle changes that have helped me take back control of my life, it has also helped me recognise the first signs of anxiety and stress so that I can tackle them sooner and get my problems under control!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Naturopathy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Naturopathy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Mental Illness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Pathologies