Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on January 3, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I read the entire book in just over a week, I couldn't keep my head out of it! I learn about my body and where I hold pain and tension and I was able to treat myself when I practiced the material within the book. My body and performance has improved tremendously and I have already started implementing some of the material with my own clients.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 8, 2017
fabulous resource and shows and explains great techniques that do not require equipment to achieve results
on February 6, 2010
I read many stretching books in college while getting a Exercise Science/PE degree. Each one was absolute garbage and a waste of time. Until I read this book I pretty much dimissed stretching as a waste of time and a proper dynamic warm-up would be just fine. This book changed my my opinion on the importance of stretching.

It explain why most stretching routines are outdated and can make you more tight. This book goes into great detail about how to find tight spots in your body that might be limiting your performance. The limits could be caused by injury, age, overuse etc. It also goes into great detail to explain tightness and pain at one point might be caused by from another point in the body. Case in point is I'm a competitive powerlifter. My hip has been very tight and has limited my squating. I did the self diagnosis testing and foudn out I had knots in my glutes which caused tightness in my hips. I took time and did a warm-up and some sport specific stretches before lifting as well as throughout the week when i was not lifting. Made a huge improve in my ability to squat without pain and allowed me to set up better on the bench press.

I will say do not buy this book if you cannot think on your own. If you are the kind of person that follows workouts blindly from a magazine than you won't like the fact you have to think on your own. You will find plenty of ineffective stretching books out there.
on March 2, 2015
Can't say I didn't like the book, though there was a lot unnecessary theory in it. Though, as a stretching routine book, it is quite complete. Just started their workout after a week or two of reading, let's hope to see some results soon.
on February 12, 2015
Lots of information in this book. Wish I was dedicated to practicing these stretches on a regular basis....I know I would feel better.
on April 4, 2013
Well written, very informative and educational. Learned a lot and have added several of the exercises they recommended to my exercise routine.;Anyone who exercises and wants to increase their strength and performance should read it.
on May 29, 2014
There is a ton of scientific and practical information about effectively stretching for athletes in this book. Anyone looking for improved sport performance would not regret purchasing this book.
on May 25, 2015
can be a bit wordy. needs more photo or illustration to support descriptions of body movements and positions. yet, the physiological rationals seem sound.
on September 8, 2013
Covers all stretches upper and lower body, and how to do them with a partner. Plan on doing the week coarse
on November 22, 2015
I love this book. I've read it a couple times now. I use it in clinic alot.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse