|Item Weight||7.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9.3 x 7.8 x 1.3 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||858480002010|
|Cover Included||Stretchsit Cushion + two extension straps|
Stretchsit Cushion - Gokhale Method - Lumbar support/backrest for chairs/car seats - spinal traction / decompression for relief from lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, fibromyalgia
|Price:||$49.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Back support cushion that stretches your spine
- Strengthen and stretch your back muscles
- Portable, compact (9.5’’x8’’), easy to use, washable
- Foam coated with grey fabric and friction nubs
- Recommended by Doctors
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Stretchsit Cushion - Gokhale Method - Lumbar support/backrest for chairs/car seats - spinal traction / decompression for relief from lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, fibromyalgia
Car Seat Cushion with Strap - THICK 3 Inch Drivers Wedge | Coccyx Support for Back, Hip and Leg Pain | Orthopedic Clever Memory Foam with Breathable Mesh Cover | 18 Inches Front, 16 Inches Back
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Gokhale Method Enterprise||Clever Yellow||COMFORT by CONFORMAX||COMFORT by CONFORMAX||Love Home||SOJOY|
Stretchsit Cushion - Gokhale Method Posture Solution
- Offers lumbar support / back support for chairs or car seats - Backrest for Back Relief
- Back support cushion that elongates your spine
- Strengthen and stretch your back muscles
- Recommended by Doctors
The Stretchsit Cushion is comfortable and easy to install and use. It comes with a removable extension strap that allows you to adapt the cushion to whatever chair or car seat you are in. When used regularly, it rejuvenates you by lengthening the long muscles of your back and providing more space for your spinal discs and nerves.
Visit our webpage to see videos on how to install and use the Stretchsit Cushion.
Esther Gokhale (Go-clay) has been involved in integrative therapies all her life. As a young girl growing up in India, she helped her mother, a nurse, treat abandoned babies waiting to be adopted. This early interest in healing led her to study biochemistry at Harvard and Princeton and, later, acupuncture at the San Francisco School of Oriental Medicine.
After experiencing crippling back pain during her first pregnancy and unsuccessful back surgery, Gokhale began her lifelong crusade to vanquish back pain. Her studies at l’Institut d’Aplomb in Paris and years of research in Brazil, India, Portugal and elsewhere led her to develop the Gokhale Method, a unique, systematic approach to help people find their bodies’ way back to pain-free living.
Gokhale practiced acupuncture and taught posture, dance, and yoga in her Palo Alto wellness center for over twenty years. The Gokhale Method continues to grow as qualified Gokhale Method teachers now teach the method worldwide.
Gokhale's book, 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back, has sold over 100,000 copies and has been translated into eight languages. In 2010, Gokhale hosted the nationally televised program Back Pain: The Primal Posture Solution (available on DVD).
Gokhale has taught at corporations such as Google, IDEO, Varian Medical Systems, and Facebook Inc. She has also presented at conferences including TEDx(Stanford), Ancestral Health Symposium, Weston Price Foundation Conference, and PrimalCon. She continues to speak with physician groups including Stanford, PAMF, UCSF and has consulted for the trainers of the SF 49ers and several Stanford sports teams.
In May 2013, The New York Times featured Esther in an article giving her the title, “The Posture Guru of Silicon Valley”.
Esther Gokhale lives on Stanford University campus where she raised three children with her husband Brian White, chairman of the Math Department.
The Gokhale Method - Healthy posture for a pain-free life
The Gokhale Method uses healthy posture and movement to help you restore your structural integrity and regain a pain-free life.
You have a right to a pain-free back, neck, hips, knees, feet...
We are marvelously designed creatures. We have inherent grace and strength, like every other creature on the planet. Our bodies heal spontaneously, and if we respect our natural design, we can function well for close to a century.
The Gokhale Method addresses the root cause of muscle and joint pain.
Most pain can be attributed to how we hold ourselves and how we move. Since we aren't born with a user’s manual, we rely on our culture to guide us.
About a century ago, our culture took a wrong turn.
As a result, in the United States:
- 90% of adults experience back pain at some point in their lives.
- This year, 50% of working Americans will experience back pain.
- Back pain is now the leading cause of disability in people under 45 years old.
- By age 15, more than 60% of all adolescents have experienced back and/or neck pain.
We have lost sight of what constitutes healthy posture; in fact, many popular guidelines for “good posture” are just plain wrong.
We can re-learn what we once knew:
- Our ancestors knew how to move without pain.
- Babies know how to move without pain.
- Some cultures still know how to move without pain.
This method educates you in a way that your culture does not, so that you can live a fully-functional, pain-free life.
You learn techniques to:
- Reduce or eliminate back pain, neck pain, and other muscle or joint pain
- Prevent muscle and joint degeneration and injury
- Increase your energy, stamina and flexibility
- Reduce stress and improve your appearance
Effects are immediate and last a lifetime.
Our multi-pronged approach will profoundly change your habits through simultaneous visual, kinesthetic and intellectual learning. You can forever reclaim the pain-free body you were born with. Most students find relief following the first lesson.
Achieve results without time-consuming exercises or special equipment.
By emphasizing everyday movement rather than periodic exercise sessions, the Gokhale Method gives you ample opportunity to practice without taking time out of your day. You naturally incorporate your newfound body wisdom into your daily activities and physical pursuits. Every movement becomes an effective exercise to strengthen and stretch.
How it works
You will learn to sit, sleep, stand, walk, and bend in ways that protect and strengthen you instead of wear and tear you.
- Sitting will be comfortable, either with a backrest when you place your back in therapeutic traction (stretchsitting) or without a backrest, when you stack your spine on a well-positioned, anteverted pelvis (stacksitting).
- Sleeping will be comfortable and provide hours of restorative traction, whether lying on your back or side (stretchlying).
- Standing will be a resting position for most of the muscles of the body with the weight-bearing bones vertically stacked over the heels (tallstanding).
- A retroverted pelvis leads to tense back muscles or slumping.
- An anteverted pelvis facilitates healthy posture.
- Bending will involve hinging at the hip rather than the waist, exercising the long back muscles and sparing the spinal discs and ligaments (hip-hinging).
- Actions that challenge spinal structures, such as carrying or twisting, will involve deep layers of muscles in the abdomen and back (inner corset) to protect the spine.
- Walking will be a series of smooth forward propulsions, challenging the muscles of the lower body and sparing the weight-bearing joints throughout the body (glidewalking).
In relearning these everyday actions, you will reposition and reshape your shoulders, arms, neck, torso, pelvis, hips, legs, and feet the way they were designed to be. You will develop a high level of confidence in and sense of control over your well-being.
Once you have learned the basic principles, you integrate them into all positions and movements. Your everyday activities will once again become therapeutic.
How to use the cushion
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my problems with this product:
- When using properly, my clothes slide up uncomfortably, tightening around my mid-section.
- Rather than attachements located only at the top, it should at least have buckle attachments on the bottom, or even the sides. This would allow more versitility and security for a variety of chairs. I could not find a secure way to attach to my office chair.
I have Esther's book and it has helped me a lot. This cushion needs some improvements and a lower price point before I would purchase again.