|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$35.95 - $44.99 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
- Synthetic sole
- Antimicrobial treatment
- Padded collar H&L closure
- Lightweight outsole
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
He'll be ready to hit the trails or hike around the playground in this rugged leather and suede boot. Functional for indoor and outdoor adventures the Stride Rite Rugged Ritchie has a trail outsole for everyday wear and tear as well as dual hook-and-loop closures for easy on/off. Mesh linings enhance comfort and breathability, while padded collar prevents blisters. Pair the Stride Rite Rugged Ritchie with any casual outfit and get him ready for some seriously fun adventures.
With its dual hook and loop closure, rugged rubber sole and reinforced toe, your little guy is ready to take on whatever the world may bring. The Rugged Ritchie from Stride Rite delivers the look of tough, while at the same time delivering a shoe that stands up to the rough and tumble life of a toddler or little kid.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0073DF1GK
- Item model number: Rugged Ritchie - K
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 28, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1. Velcro is really strong, and so much easier to deal with than laces!
2. The boot doesn't come up too high on his ankle, so he can still run/jump comfortably.
3. The soles of the boot have great tread. Perfect for those frosty mornings when the driveway is a bit slippery.
4. They seem very well made and warm.
So far, my son will wear these shoes all day long with no complaints. It's amazing, as he's usually a kid who is the first to pull off shoes and socks when no one is watching.
Also, he can take them off himself which is nice. Wonder when he will learn to tie shoelaces at this rate! Haha!
pros: 1.hold the foot good and the sole provides good traction, thus they are good for hiking on uneven (but dry) trails. 2.look nice. 3.lighweight. 4.W size is pretty wide, if your kid needs wide boots (though I would prefer XW, that some brands have).
cons: THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT WATERPROOF! The tongue is not gusetted. And the upper part of the boot, under the tongue, isn't only leather but also suede or smth like that. My kid walked for half an hour on wet grass, and his socks got wet (though not too much and only in the front). So probably these boots won't leak in a shallow puddle, but they are not a kind of boots for hiking on autumn trails. But for this price ($32) they are ok.
If you need good hiking boots, look for smth "waterproof" and with gore-tex or other membrane. Unfortunately I couldn't find such boots for my kid's wide feet.
As for the size, I think they don't run small. I first bought 10W, after reading here that sometimes they run small, but they were too big, and I gave them to a friend for her boy and ordered 9.5W for my child instead.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fit as expected. My son liked the hook and loop for easy on and off. Yay!Published 8 days ago by Daniel C. Honrine
First pair of "boots" my 4 year old tolerated and actually enjoys wearing.Published 3 months ago by JanetteL
I have a small boy but he LOVES these boots. Wears them for hours at a time. felt the sizes were a bit big for him. but loved the velcro. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Stephanie Stephan
Fits my son great but I'm giving them 4 stars because he complains that they hurt his heal after wearing them all day. But they are sturdy and a good pair of shoes.Published 13 months ago by puppyprincess
Amazing...comfy, durable, keeps the ankles stable and goes with so many outfits. Love it!Published 16 months ago by Monika Rydel