Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on April 4, 2014
This was a Christmas present for my little girl, 2 years 8 months old at the time. She was very excited and was zig zagging around obstacles within a couple of weeks. All the neighbors marvel about how she rides around with the big kids at break neck speed while turning on a dime to avoid obstacles. A year and four months later she is still loving it, has great balance and will make our 1/2 mile trip to the park quickly, loving the ride. A couple of weeks ago I put her on my son's 16" Trek Hardrock and she was able to ride it with help. She had the balance down, the problem is that she's very "petite" and had trouble reaching the pedals. It's great that I won't ever have to break her of training wheels like I did my older boys.

The bike is steel yet is surprisingly light, so light she can pick it up herself. The tires are hard foam plastic, very durable and more importantly don't slip on our tile or wood floor. I bought a set of tires with yellow wheels to match the bike, figuring I would replace them with the original black when they were worn out. After over a year of use there is hardly any wear. I also recommend getting the Strider Bike Stand. Makes storage a little easier. I had to convince my wife that this would be a good gift, she now concedes that this was the best gift we've bought any of our kids.
on February 7, 2016
Absolutely awesome. Got it for my 3yo and it didn't take him long to figure it out - and a year later he was a pro, but not interested in a bike with pedals until just after he turned 5. We got him a pedal bike - and he had it figured out in 10 minutes - I am not even kidding. This compared to my 7yo who had started with a training wheel/pedal bike and we had to put the training wheels back on for her after a couple weeks of trying it. But when she saw 5yo little brother master it so fast, she tried again - but is still - 3 months later, not as confident or stable as my 5yo who spent 18mo / 2 years on a balance bike.
on February 7, 2013
UPDATE, OCTOBER 4, 2013:

THERE IS NOTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS BIKE! My husband and I purchased this back in February to give to our son on his 2nd birthday (which wasn't until September). First, when we gave it to him, his face lit up like a Christmas tree during the holidays. He was so excited. Second, he immediately jumped on it and started 'scooting' around like he knew what he was doing. **Side note - We have a tricycle at home, but it was hard for our son to get on and off it without it tipping over, the bar was too high for him to stand/straddle and walk with the bike AND he couldn't reach the pedals, so he stopped showing interest in it.** It was amazing to watch him that first week. There has been several times where he's coasted for a few seconds. We are at the end of his second week on it and we are so impressed on the functionality of this bike and how well it really works. Our son LOVES it and wants to be on his bike first thing in the morning and right when he gets home from daycare. We take it everywhere with us (it's so lightweight, we just throw it and his helmet in the trunk of the car or backseat). We constantly get looks or comments on it and our friends and family all ask us about it. We've 'sold' it to 3 different friends with little ones already. Another fun thing we do at night, when our son isn't riding his bike, is watch You Tube videos of other kids on their Strider bikes. We show him that the possibilities are endless and that ALL the other kids are wearing their helmets (it was a battle the first weekend to get him to wear his). After he watched a few videos, as soon as he gets on his bike, he asks for his helmet. I could go on and on about this bike, but I won't. If you're thinking about buying one, don't think about it, just do it! You won't be disappointed.

PREVIOUS REVIEW BACK IN FEBRUARY 2013:

Our son hadn't used it yet, but can't wait! We took it out of the box and looked at it. It was in perfect condition, packaged well. it's very lightweight and the functionality of it makes sense. We'll update our review once our son uses it (waiting for birthday).
on July 27, 2013
UPDATE 2017: my 4 year old is now almost an 8 year old and she basically taught herself to ride a bike after a month or two thanks to this balance bike. I watched her get on a friend's real bike and just start riding around no problem. I still give all the credit to the balance bike!!

I bought this bike for my 4 year old daughter for her birthday. At first my husband put it together and we both thought "this is WAY too little for her!" She is 80% for her height and it is actually perfect. We adjusted the seat to the highest setting and she basically took off the first day. After a month of using it, I have seen a major improvement in her balance and she is about ready to start riding a real bike. My only complaint is the seat is seriously so tiny and super hard plastic. So thank goodness she has a tiny bum or it would be super uncomfortable. My 6 year old daughter hates sitting on it because it's so hard and tiny. But overall, I would definitely recommend this style of bike to any kid needing help with their balance before learning to ride a bike.
on August 3, 2012
We purchased this bicycle for our son who was 20 months old at the time. In the beginning, he would just stand over the bike and walk while pushing it. This in itself was a lot of fun for him, as he'd make motor sounds as he walked around. At 22 months old, he can now steer the bike and make broad turns. He still needs help lifting the bike up off of the ground, but that has more to do with his coordination than the bike's weight. I anticipate in a few years, he will be ready to ride without having to rely on training wheels.

The bike still looks brand new, even after being dropped multiple times on pavement. We love the bright yellow color, and the sturdy construction. For the price, the strider balance bike can't be beat!
on January 30, 2015
What an amazing invention! Wish I had one for my older child who had a difficult time transitioning off training wheels. With this bike preschoolers learn balance first. My daughter is now comfortable coasting for a period of time. I think she will not need training wheels. She is still using this bike, although she is almost 5 (she's quite small though). It's so light and easy to carry around! She has loved being independent with a two wheeler.
on November 30, 2013
We gave this to our 2 yr old for Christmas last year. He loved it then, and now a year later he can balance like a pro. We didn't have to do anything to teach him, it just came naturally! There is no better way to learn to ride a bike!

This specific bike was very well made. Very light, but extremely durable. He's ridden it extensively, but it still looks great and works perfectly. I expect to be teaching future grandkids to ride with this same bike.
on February 14, 2014
So it has been over a year since we bought this for our little man. He was at the time 2 1/2, and took a little while to get it figured out. After about 6-9 months on this bike we moved him to a 12" pedal bike, and 3-6 months later a 16" (he is now 3 1/2 on the big bike). Now the bike is being used by another 2 year old and he is starting to get it figured out.
The only thing I would have done different was have bought one of these bikes earlier.
on July 12, 2013
My 3 year old son took right to this bike. I showed him a video online on you tube, and he immediately went outside looking for hills to ride on, which is tough in FL! But he spends his time coasting down various driveways in my neighborhood, and I know at this pace he will be pedaling a 2 wheel bike without his training wheels in no time.

The bike is extremely light, so he can pick it up and drag it with ease.
on May 16, 2013
Both my 3 1/2 year old and 2 year old love this bike. They both can take long bike rides with us and pick their feet up to balance for any stretches that they can. People stop us all the time to ask us what they are riding, comment on how amazing it is, etc. Our older one has been riding since 2 1/2 and for his 4th b-day this summer I am going to attempt to get him a "real" bike and not use training wheels. We'll see!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.