Strider - 12 Sport Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to 5 Years
|Price:||$109.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.00 (8%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- INSPIRE MOBILITY AND FREEDOM: We believe, if you can walk, you can ride. Our bikes are designed to focus on a simple goal: learning and improving balance. Through this approach, your child will also learn coordination and confidence. We have found it to be the best way to learn to ride.
- ENJOY MASTERING RIDING EARLIER: Our simple focus provides for a safe, easy, and natural transition towards a pedal bike, getting your child to learn at their own comfort level how to balance on 2 wheels as early as 18 months and opening up to them the excitement of a whole new world to enjoy.
- SIMPLICITY AND QUALITY: US patented, high performance design; simple 5 minute assembly (5mm wrench included); flat-free EVA polymer tires; 1 piece ultralight wheels; frame integrated footrest; adjustable seat and handlebars (11-16 in and 18-22 in respectively), and 2 year factory warranty.
- XL SEATPOST AND UPGRADES: Along with the standard seatpost (18-36 months), the 12 Sport includes the XL seatpost, which will extend the use of your 12 Sport to 36-60 months (under 60lbs). Another bonus to the Sport is the improvement to the padded seat; adding comfort to your child's ride. It offers no-tool seat/handlebar height adjustment and handlebar pads.
- JOIN THE STRIDER FAMILY: Strider offers a sense of community that has transformed the experience of learning to ride a bike free of the fear of falling and the frustrating option of learning how to operate pedals. Strider hosts events such as Camps, Adventure Zones, and the Strider Cup.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Why Strider Balance Bikes?
Why Balance Bikes?
The balance bike is a simple design to teach young children how to steer and balance on two wheels without training wheels. Since the bike has no pedals or other complicated forms of propulsion, most children come to find that riding a balance bike is as easy as walking. Children do not have to fear when they are on a balance bike because they can place their feet solidly on the ground. As the child progresses at his or her pace, they can change to a traditional bicycle whenever they are ready.
Through ten years of development, manufacturing improvements, riding, observation, testing and even racing, Strider Bikes has created a bike that allows for an easy and more successful transition to a pedal bike. Strider specializes specifically in Balance Bikes and in the process the company has developed enhanced features, including the lowest seat in the industry. With Strider’s Four Learn-to-Ride steps, children can jump on a bike and get moving as soon as the bike is set up. As lovers of riding bikes, Strider loves inspiring children to ride. Strider’s mission is to build lightweight, efficient, all-terrain bikes that develop two-wheeled balance, coordination, and confidence. With 1 million sold worldwide, Strider hopes to continue to reach families around the world.
About the Strider 12 Sport
The Feature-Rich, Mid-Level Model offers every feature a child (or parent) could want with custom grips, padded saddle, handlebar pad, and quick release clamps (no-tool adjustment). It is the perfect balance of performance, options, and value. More than eight years of design evolution and manufacturing improvements all packaged into one model. And with a bonus second, taller seat post for the 3-5 year old child, it is the only balance bike a toddler/preschooler will ever need.
Compare to Similar Items
This item Strider - 12 Sport Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to 5 Years, Black
Joovy Bicycoo Balance Bike, Black B006FSUTIO
Strider - Rocking Base, Ages 12-24 Months B01N1G0HG4
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||15 x 33 x 22 in||15 x 33 x 22 in||16.25 x 21.5 x 33.5 in||24 x 24 x 24 in|
Encourage your child to ride with a Strider Bike. When learning to ride, a child must be allowed to experience the feel of leaning and how steering affects the balance of the bike. When a child learns to ride without leaning, such as on a tricycle or bike with training wheels, they aren't really learning to ride at all. With the help of a balance bike, the child can learn how to balance and ride a bike in the most simplest way.
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.
Top Customer Reviews
The bike itself is very very light, my little munchkin can pick it up with ease. He was trying to get on the bike before I had it completely put together lol.
The frame is very sturdy, my only real complaint is that the seat clamp doesn't seem to get as tight as it needs to be because the seat has shifted very slightly but my son can be extremely rough on it so that may not happen to all of them.
The bike is well-made and seems like it will last through all four children and we should still be able to sell it when they're done. The seats and handle bars are easily adjusted. The ride is smooth and there is a little space for the children to rest their feet when they get the hang of it.
My son is six years old, so he is older than the recommended 18 months- 5 year range listed on the product. He is average height and weight (44 inches tall, 42 pounds), and he can still ride on it just fine. He is quickly learning to balance as he rides down the slight slope of our driveway. It has given him a lot more confidence when riding and he even wants to take off his training wheels.
We purchased the green color and the bike looks great! I wish that it included brakes, but then that would probably greatly increase the price. Overall, if you are shopping for a balance bike for multiple children, this one is a great buy.
2 WEEK UPDATE: after riding it daily for 2 weeks, she has shown remarkable progress. She still balances standing up, however she is now able to manoeuvre corner turns and to maintain her balance. I have added a safety flag to make her more visible and that has really added to my peace of mind.
1. Paint was chipping off of the forks and there was rust where the paint came off.
2. There was rust on the inside of the forks
3. Handlebars would not tighten properly. There is still play in the handlebars even when tightened almost as much as it could be tightened (see 4 below)
4. There is a plastic piece where the handlebar vise pivots on...without doing damage to the plastic piece, and the handlebars being as tight as they could be, the bars would pull right out of the frame. I tightened it more, and more, and more in order to finally get the handlebars to stay in...however, the plastic piece squashed and pushed out of where it was supposed to be, and even then, there was still play. The plastic piece is simply not a good design.
1. Tires are hard and it seems like they'd slip/slide out if on wet roads, sand, or even off road. Seems rubber tires would be better. (not sure on this one being that my boy never even rode the bike... I'm returning it and finding a different brand.)
2. Value: It seems to me that this bike would be better priced at $60.
Again, maybe my expectations are not realistic, and due to how many great reviews there are on the bike, that very well may be the case. Not trying to bash the bike... just trying to be honest.
I have done lots of research, and even looked at some much more expensive big name options, but this in my opinion is the way to go. We got it with the extra seat, but mainly we wanted it for the padded seat and handle bar.