Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Strider - 12 Sport Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 9% off the $119.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Strider - 12 Sport Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to 5 Years
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- INSPIRE MOBILITY AND FREEDOM: We believe, if you can walk, you can ride. Our bikes are designed to focus on a simple goal: learning and improving balance. Through this approach, your child will also learn coordination and confidence. We have found it to be the best way to learn to ride.
- ENJOY MASTERING RIDING EARLIER: Our simple focus provides for a safe, easy, and natural transition towards a pedal bike, getting your child to learn at their own comfort level how to balance on 2 wheels as early as 18 months and opening up to them the excitement of a whole new world to enjoy.
- SIMPLICITY AND QUALITY: US patented, high performance design; simple 5 minute assembly (5mm wrench included); flat-free EVA polymer tires; 1 piece ultralight wheels; frame integrated footrest; adjustable seat and handlebars (11-16 in and 18-22 in respectively), and 2 year factory warranty.
- XL SEATPOST AND UPGRADES: Along with the standard seatpost (18-36 months), the 12 Sport includes the XL seatpost, which will extend the use of your 12 Sport to 36-60 months (under 60lbs). Another bonus to the Sport is the improvement to the padded seat; adding comfort to your child's ride. It offers no-tool seat/handlebar height adjustment and handlebar pads.
- JOIN THE STRIDER FAMILY: Strider offers a sense of community that has transformed the experience of learning to ride a bike free of the fear of falling and the frustrating option of learning how to operate pedals. Strider hosts events such as Camps, Adventure Zones, and the Strider Cup.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Why Strider Balance Bikes?
Why Balance Bikes?
The balance bike is a simple design to teach young children how to steer and balance on two wheels without training wheels. Since the bike has no pedals or other complicated forms of propulsion, most children come to find that riding a balance bike is as easy as walking. Children do not have to fear when they are on a balance bike because they can place their feet solidly on the ground. As the child progresses at his or her pace, they can change to a traditional bicycle whenever they are ready.
Through ten years of development, manufacturing improvements, riding, observation, testing and even racing, Strider Bikes has created a bike that allows for an easy and more successful transition to a pedal bike. Strider specializes specifically in Balance Bikes and in the process the company has developed enhanced features, including the lowest seat in the industry. With Strider’s Four Learn-to-Ride steps, children can jump on a bike and get moving as soon as the bike is set up. As lovers of riding bikes, Strider loves inspiring children to ride. Strider’s mission is to build lightweight, efficient, all-terrain bikes that develop two-wheeled balance, coordination, and confidence. With 1 million sold worldwide, Strider hopes to continue to reach families around the world.
About the Strider 12 Sport
This feature-rich, mid-level model offers every feature a child (and parent) could want: custom grips, padded saddle, handlebar pad, and quick release clamps (no-tool adjustment). It is the perfect balance of performance, options, and value. More than eight years of design evolution and manufacturing improvements all packaged into one model. With an extra-long, adjustable seat post, it is the only balance bike your toddler or preschooler will ever need.
Encourage your child to ride with a Strider Bike. When learning to ride, a child must be allowed to experience the feel of leaning and how steering affects the balance of the bike. When a child learns to ride without leaning, such as on a tricycle or bike with training wheels, they aren't really learning to ride at all. With the help of a balance bike, the child can learn how to balance and ride a bike in the most simplest way.
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.
Top Customer Reviews
con: one of the footrest grip-tapes came up on the first day. It must not have been stuck well on one end, so it got some dirt on it, & wouldn't stick again. I simply cut the hanging end off & it's been fine since. I'm sure I can get some grip tape if she ever really needs it. Not a major issue.
The foot rests are not to protruding which you'd think would be nice for more of a foot rest for your little one but I noticed my daughters legs would be hitting them if any wider. Well thought out bike.
At its lowest setting it works for my 2 year old to push around and get going.
My daughter, who is almost 5, also has a balance bike from another manufacturer because the size was a bit better. She isn't as fearless as my son, but by day 2 on the bike she was coasting along without a problem. By day 4 she was building up speed and resting her feet on the bike while gliding along keeping her momentum and balance.
Definitely a great experience for the kids and satisfying for parents to see results so quickly. Training wheels don't teach anything about balance or proper turning. I think both of my kids could ride a peddle bike without training wheels after a week on the balance bike
Most Recent Customer Reviews
No written instructions for assembling but the pictures are easy to follow. My caution is about a preassembled piece which connects the handlebars.Read more