2 Year Sporting Goods Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Plan begins on date of purchase and covers mechanical/electrical breakdowns not covered by the manufacturer.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7.
- If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Strider - 12 Sport Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to 5 Years
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.00 (8%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Join the strider family- Meet the bike that set the world on fire and revolutionized the way kids learn to ride. Children as young as one are experiencing the thrill of riding without training wheels before they’re out of diapers.
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD - The seat and handlebar heights adjust to accommodate ages 18 months to 5 years, or a 12– 20 in. inseam (no tools required).
- For young kids - The 12 Sport weighing only 3.0 kg (6.7 lbs.), makes it easy for your child to ride and stride. Mini-grips mean your child’s little mitts can easily take control. This lean, mean, and durable bike gives you the biggest bang for your buck!
- It's more than just a bike - Boring specs aside, this is the bike that introduces kids to the freedom, power, and responsibility of riding. Now they have the power to keep up with you when you’re out and about, experiencing amazing freedom.
- Years of fun - We know kids put things through rigorous…*ahem*…testing. With the 12 Sport's durable steel frame and puncture-proof tires, you don't have to worry about damage or maintenance and have a child’s bike they won’t outgrow in a few months.
Inspire a love of reading with Prime Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Prime Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Strider 12 Sport
Join the strider family: Meet the bike that set the world on fire and revolutionized the way kids learn to ride. The 12 Sport is our all-around fun factory. Children as young as one are experiencing the thrill of riding on two wheels before they’re out of diapers.
Grows with your child: The seat and handlebar heights adjust to accommodate ages 18 months to 5 years, or a 12 in. – 20 in. inseam (no tools required). The 12 Sport is perfect for future upgrades like a foot brake or heavy-duty tires.
Designed for young kids: Weighing in at only 3.0 kg (6.7 lbs.), the 12 Sport makes it easy for your child to ride and stride. Mini-grips mean little mitts can easily take control and make this lean, mean, durable bike the biggest bang for your buck, which is probably why it’s our best seller.
- Never flat, no-maintenance tires
- 6.7 pounds (3 kg)
- Handlebar pad
- Built-in footrests
- No-tool Assembly
- Handlebar Height: 46 - 56 cm (18-22 in.)
- Seat Height: 28 - 48 cm (11 - 19 in.)
- Steel Frame
Strider Product Progression
Strider 12 Sport Baby Bundle
The Strider Baby Bundle is the best way to teach balance and improve dexterity, cognitive ability, and spatial awareness (yeah, a kid’s bike company totally knows what those are). When your tater tot has mastered rocking and is ready to roll out, simply detach the bike.
Strider 12 Sport
The 12 Sport is the perfect bike to take your child from baby steps to big strides, all without busting out a toolkit (no-tool adjustable seat and handlebar and tires that never go flat). The 12 Sport is our all-around fun factory.
Strider 14x Sport
We’ve put together all the right ingredients to give your tyke a taste of confidence to successfully shift from riding a balance bike to pedaling like a pro as quickly as possible. The Strider 14x is the only bike that includes the simple, step-by-step guide for parents to help their children master the learn-to-ride progression.
Which Bike Fits?
'What size bike should I get my child?': Easy, the best size bike for your kiddo is the bike that fits them from day one. The best way to do that is measure their inseam.
'Yeah, but what about their age?': Age is more like... an approximate fit. Inseam is an exact fit, trust us.
'Okay, got it. What's an inseam?': Good question. Inseam is the distance between the ground and crotch (just in case you're interested in measuring your inseam for your next Halloween costume).
'Okay, so why is this inseam babble so important?': We're all different heights and shapes, even when we're the same age. This is especially true with kids. Because they grow like crazy, they all have different heights and leg lengths. By measuring inseam, you're making sure that your child's bike has the perfect fit. A bike that perfectly fits mean they'll be experiencing two-wheeled success and confidence faster than you can say Strider.
'Right. So, how exactly do I measure this?': Easy. Have your child stand up really straight with their shoes on (you can have them stand with their back to a wall if that helps.) Place a book between their legs and slide it up the wall to meet the crotch seam of their pants, just like they were sitting on a bike saddle. Measure from the top of the book to the floor and.... Bingo ! You have your inseam.
Encourage your child to ride with a Strider Bike. When learning to ride, a child must be allowed to experience the feel of leaning and how steering affects the balance of the bike. When a child learns to ride without leaning, such as on a tricycle or bike with training wheels, they aren't really learning to ride at all. With the help of a balance bike, the child can learn how to balance and ride a bike in the most simplest way.
Product detailsColor:STRIDER Black
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Manufacturer recommended age : 2 months and up
- Item model number : ST-S4BL
- Date First Available : February 23, 2013
- Manufacturer : Strider
- ASIN : B00J9471SW
- Customer Reviews:
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.