Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on July 10, 2012
I have used a few pedometers and calorie counters. Some have been pretty good overall in their functionality but failed in design and some others vice versa. This has been by far the best one I have used (It was reserved for the fitbit until I broke 2 of them because they're so delicate/have such weak tension to withstand rough use). It is not the most accurate device I have used. I say this not because it is not good at discovering when I am walking or climbing, but because it seems to be most inaccurate for small bouts of walking. If I take 10-12 steps, it seems to not register that occasionally. I feel it is in the process of writing some of those walks off as an error reading. I don't particularly care much but I presume that it adds up over time.

It is pretty accurate with stair climb counts which is very surprising. The points system, gamification and other factors like donations through energy points are icing on the cake to make this an overall very good user experience. I have it attached to my keychain, so if I leave for anywhere, it comes with me.

The one thing I have not figured out and I am increasingly thinking it is a calculation error is the calorie calculation by the device. Yesterday, I walked about 4 miles in 95 minutes and climbed about 51 steps (subway steps). IT calculated by total calories burned at 786. I find this value absurdly high even if I was willing to include some error. A basic Google search for calorie counters using my age, height, weight, speed of walking and time said it shouldn't be more than 400 calories. I can also personally corroborate this because I run on the treadmill for 45 minutes at 6 miles an hour (With age and weight inputted) to get about 700 calories. This is not a dealbreaker, but I hope an update can fix this calculation (or maybe I just didn't calibrate it or something...not sure).

Overall, I like the device and find it to be the best one I've used so far. Also, I feel good beating their challenges with the ultimate goal of making 'donations' to needy people.
on November 29, 2015
Even though this doesn't have the same high technological features as Fitbit or Striiv's more advanced products, the Striiv Smart Pedometer has been the key factor along with on-line diet tracking at caloriecount.com in my losing twenty pounds over the past few months -- and keeping it off!

This unit tracks your steps, stairs, miles, calories burned and minutes of activity. With that it also presents challenges in several different ways to keep you moving. Between the activities monitored, the challenges presented, and the "MyLand" game that is included, points are earned that are applied toward your choice of three charitable causes through globalgiving.com of providing a day's worth of clean water for a child in South American, immunization of one child for polio, or conserving a parking spot sized area of Tanzania's rain forest for 1 year. The small size allows you to slip it into your pocket or hang easily from a lanyard.

It may not be the high-tech item many would reach for but it certainly does the job its designed to do plus provide motivation to challenge yourself to keep moving and improving. Would highly recommend for children because of the video game based on points earned as well as introducing them to contributing to humanitarian causes. Great for any age but many seniors would appreciate it's simplicity of use.
on September 17, 2015
The Striiv Smart is a fantastic little gadget - I love the game and the motivation! I love not being attached to my phone to log things, too! Why only 3 stars? From the product description:
Friends + Race
Race your friend across the Golden Gate Bridge or up the Statue of Liberty in real-time. You can even bet real-life chores on the outcome of each race, like doing the dishes or buying a cup of coffee. Then challenge yourself to hit your friends' daily averages and personal bests each day to get even more trophies and bonuses.

HOWEVER - you have to be within range of the sensor of their unit to do this!! You can't even add friends via the online dashboard and challenge them that way. I got this to replace my Fitbit Zip as I was on my 2nd unit and was tired of fighting it. I didn't need the phone to sync my Zip - I could do it just like this unit - to the computer. But Fitbit lets me still have friends and challenges via the website and Striiv does not. I love the unit, I love the game, I love the motivation. But I really miss seeing what my friends are up to and I can't recommend this to them because of that.
on August 5, 2017
They did not tell you in the description that the company does not support the Striiv Smart Pedometer anymore. Bit of a waste of money I'm afraid. I am pretty certain that it does not count the steps very good as well. I have two other pedometers and I wear one with this one to see how accurate it is, and this one by the end of the day is about 2000 steps behind the others. The game is cute and you can kill some time with it, but it is not worth the money.
on March 10, 2014
Complete disappointment. The item arrived lightning quick but I noted several red flags upon opening the box.
1. No serial number in the identified spot on the box.
2. Most of the writing on the box was in Chinese.
3. Inside the box was completely dusty.
4. Protective film on actual device was completely scratched up and looked like it was removed and replaced.

I decided to give it the old college try and set it up anyway. Complete waste of time. Back button did not work. I had to reset the device 3 times while trying to set it up. At that point I decided to send it back. None of these are good indicators that this product is worth my time and energy. The hunt continues for a new activity tracker to replace my FitBit.

I cannot recommend that anyone invest in this.
on November 8, 2012
I have had the striiv pedometer for about a month now and it has really met and exceed my expectations. I purchased it just before a sight seeing trip to New York. I wanted to track how far we went in a day and it was excellent. At first I was a bit taken back by the size of it because I had a FITBIT before this and it was easy to conceal - the Striiv product is larger but I love it. I wear it on my ankle now and it is copletely out of sight but easiy excessible. I am not a person that usually likes to play video games but I found myself wanting to walk farther so I could acquire more points for the game. it's very fun, plus I like the fact that the company at no charge to me donates a polio shot in the 3rd world country when I achieve certain goals. another good thing I like about it is it is a free standing device tht can work independently of the computer. I can see how many steps and stairs I climbed right on the device. I would definitely recommend the Striiv pedometer.
on January 10, 2014
I have not had it very long (only a few days) however I love it! The little game is pretty neat getting to build a city like area. I also love the walkathon. It allows you to receive a donation on your behalf to a charity of every X amount of steps you take. For example to conserve a parking spot size rainforest for a year cost 18,000 steps. I've done two so far. Its very cool. One hint just to be aware make sure you set the personal details in the profile part. Mine started out with something along the lines of a 3 ft stride and me being 5'5'' I had to set that to my actual strive. Worked much better after that haha.

Pros:
1) The Accessory Bundle comes with the Striiv device, Hard case with clip for belt, Key Chain (no recommended), mico usb charger cable and wall converter. It also most important for me came with a bicep strap for when i'm skating.
2) Donations to the charity of your choice (there are there water for needy, polio vaccinations and rainforest spots saved for a year.
3) Little Challenges. They push you do get up and move. Most of them are not too difficult (so far but ive only done a few so far)
4) Counts steps, stairs, miles,
5) Very Techno geeky which I Love its touch screen and awesome.
6) Sync with your computer to keep a backup record of your progress
7) Charts and graphs that show your average steps based on that week and to compare days throughout the month.
8) There are trophies and within those trophies are ones such as burn 150 calories in 1 day (trophy is entitled burn a soda) so it tells you how much it takes to burn junk food and makes your think twice about if you REALLY want to drink that soda or east that cupcake.

Cons:
1)In order to donate to the charity you must sync your device (not a big deal as I do it nightly anyways just so I have a back up literally takes 5 seconds for it to sync)
2) Sometimes the sync program doesn't work right. However a simple uninstall and reinstall usually does the trick. (Hint plug in the device BEFORE launching the program it works usually that way)
3) It does seem a little fragile but I wouldn't say any more fragile then a touchscreen sell phone.
on February 15, 2017
Before you buy you should know it is no longer supported online. So none of the features that require syncing will no longer be available. It will work as a standalone pedometer which will keep some daily records for 5 days and some grand total for all measurements and also daily averages. The attractive features described for syncing no loner exists and should be removed from this item's description. You will also have to manually set the date and time under settings.
on July 2, 2017
This item works great I have been looking on and off for year or so. And one day I got on there it was hard to believe, Thanks
This is my second one
on November 12, 2015
PROs It is versatile and easy to carry,
keeps long range records
offers lots of ways to figure various tasks

CONS don't find it particularly accurate for example I put in on in the morning itsays zero, I walk across the kitchen to the laundry (about 25 steps) when I pick it up to read it it says 80. I primarily use it when I walk around the neighborhood, I check the number when I leave the house and subtract for how long my walk was. Before I bought it I counted steps and got to 2000 the machine for the same walk says 2250.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.