Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 233 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 259 reviews
on May 29, 2017
I ordered two of these for my brother who is always looking for a good carpenter's pencil.
These both arrived with broken lead inside the pencils. Luckily they both also came with a refill tube. The refill lead tube seemed to fair much better in shipping. So if you don't mind a little waste, I'd say, "give these a try!"
The original Stryker mechanical pencil we first had the privilege of trying was picked up at the World of Concrete 2016 as a promotional product for Dodge. It was such a big hit with my husband we decided to seek one out for my brother.
This has an excellent pencil design that could use a little work on the packaging. If all lead was put inside the refill tube this would be 4-5 star product but unfortunately because of the waste we experienced in both pencils, I felt I needed to adjust the rating to reflect that. At roughly five dollars a pencil with refill I feel this was a satisfactory deal for the dollars spent. I do hope Stryker decides to change the way they package these pencils and put all lead in the refill tube in the future. If they do, I will most definitely change my review.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2017
For marking cut lines and things of that nature, this is the tool to do it with. To write measurements on the side of your handy-dandy tape measure - not so much. I spent my time carrying and subsequently looking for that sharp pencil I was carrying around. I'm a do-it-yourselfer that enjoys the projects. This pencil will have other applications that I use it more. Would buy again and recommend.
on March 19, 2016
Striker 77629 Mechanical Carpenter Pencil
I bought these for my husband because he has been doing a lot of woodworking lately. He absolutely loves this mechanical pencil. The only complaint that he had was that if you have it in your tool belt and if you push down on it the lead will fall out. With that being said it was difficult for him to put the lead back in once it came out. Other than that he really like it and it is great because make a fine line. Shipping was prompt and an overall great buy.
on June 17, 2013
A neat idea as I can never justify spending the money on lumber pencils. I was a little mis-lead (get it?) by the idea that it comes with 3 extra leads. It only comes with 2 extra leads (and one in the pencil itself). Not a big deal just something to note. The lead advancment is a little funky as the pencil tip has to seat in the lead notch. If your leads gets broken part way, you have to advance to the next notch (not a huge deal, but as some one who drops their pencil on a concrete floor all the time, I'm going to have to be a little more careful). I really like the the feel of the pencil in my hand, and it is easy to use even with gloves on. So far (only a couple days) the lead seems durable enough and does mark lumber nicely. Also the pencil marks erease easily (hey I just noticed this does not have an ereaser!)
on October 22, 2013
My father works on a lot of projects that involve marking up wood, and as such always had carpenter's pencils laying around. However he would once in a while be away from the sharpener and resort to using a utility knife to sharpen the pencil.

This mechanical pencil is perfect for anyone who needs to make heavy marks on projects, and may go through several standard pencils in a short amount of time.
Sturdy and reliable, you won't be disappointed with this product.
on July 7, 2016
These have to be the best damn pencils especially for framing. I prefer a more precise point when doing exact carpentry work but for 95% of all your work these are going to be perfect. They last forever, strong lead.
on March 15, 2017
I bought 2 of these carpenters pencils and not real happy with after using it, maybe I'm just to hard on pencils, so I went back to the wood pencil.
on March 8, 2017
My brother uses this all the time, when he needs more lead it's not too hard to find, and this pencil is built really well.
on March 31, 2017
works good and no need to sharpen. lead does seem a little softer than the standard carpenters pencil so it gets used up a little faster
on March 18, 2017
I bought this as a gift for my uncle that owns a small construction company and he loves it so much that he bought 6 more for his employees to help get the job done better! I don't know too much about what it does but he said he likes that it's refillable and has the life span of 4 of the marking pencils he used to buy and it's efficient! I recommend this product!