Striking Combos for MMA
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
In Striking Combos for MMA, UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva unveils for the first time ever, all the striking combinations that have made him the best pound-for-pound MMA fighter on the planet. Through descriptive analysis and slow motion sequences, he teaches you not only how to attack your opponent with aggressive punching combinations but also how to halt your opponent in the middle of his attacks with highly technical counterpunching combinations. He shows you how to overwhelm your opponent by combining punches, kicks, knees, and elbow strikes into fluid, sealmess assaults. Furthermore, he demonstrates a host of deadly Muay Thai counterattacking combinations to make your opponent pay every time he comes forward with an attack of his own. Leaving no stone unturned, he even includes combination drills to increase the speed, power, and timing of your striking. Whether you are a beginner martial artist of a professional MMA figher, Striking Combos for MMA is for you.
About the Actor
Anderson Silva is the UFC Middleweight Champion of the world. He is considered the best pound-for-pound mixed martial artist on the planet. He lives in Curitiba, Brazil.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Takedown DVD has some great wrestling and judo takedowns, with some takedowns from the clinch. It is a must to have all 5 dvds with the 3 Nogueira dvds to get a glimpse of what makes him a Champion.
The only thing I would want more than anything would be more advise on strategy, though if you listen to him in the presentation of techniques he gives great advise about timing and distance.
STRIKING COMBOS for MMA
a Brian Rule Production
presented by Victory Belt
© Marc Wickert February 21, 2010
This is the third installment in DVDs from "The Spider" and Striking Combos for MMA is definitely another valuable member in the series, featuring killer combos from the most successful middleweight in UFC history.
All tactics on Striking Combos for MMA are in revolutionary technique presentation featuring both orthodox and southpaw optical flow replays, and cover five main categories:
Boxing Combos: Attacking
Boxing Combos: Countering
Muay Thai Combos: Attacking
Muay Thai Combos: Countering
BOXING COMBOS: ATTACKING
* Lead hook (close-range), lead hook (mid-range) - strikes ideal for when separating from clinch.
* Jab, outside slip, lead uppercut, lead hook, cross - attacking with jab and countering opponent's cross.
* Jab, outside slip/counter cross, lead hook - disrupting opponent's cross variation.
* Jab, cross, lead hook, outside slip, jab, cross, lead hook, inside slip, cross, lead hook, cross - drill for improving timing and reaction speed under fire.
* Rear uppercut, outside weave, lead hook, rear uppercut - using weaving and angle variation to elude opponent's strikes whilst launching your attack.
* Jab, jab, inside shoulder roll, cross - providing a difficult target for opponent whilst attacking him with rapid-fire strikes.
* Jab, outside slip, lead hook, lead hook, outside slip/counter cross - stealth attacking from your opponent's blind spot.
* Jab, jab, lead outside block, jab, cross - jabbing while incorporating the lead forearm to block, then closing with a cross.
* Jab, lean back, jab, cross, lead hook - leaning back to avoid opponent's strike, then counterstriking before he can launch another attack.
* Jab, cross, inside slip, jab, cross, jab - countering your opponent's counterstrikes.
BOXING COMBOS: COUNTERING
* Rear parry/counter jab, lead hook, cross, lead hook - frustrating your opponent's attacking game, causing him to compromise his posture before launching your own attack.
* Lead parry/counter jab, cross, lead hook, cross - variation of previous technique.
* Lead outside block, rear outside block, cross, lead hook, cross - intercepting your opponent's haymakers before countering.
* Inside slip/counter jab, rear uppercut, lead hook, rear uppercut - attacking your opponent's initial jab.
* Inside slip/counter jab, backward-stepping cross, backward-stepping lead hook, cross - retreating from opponent's attack whilst remaining on the offensive.
* Outside slip/counter cross, lead hook, rear uppercut, lead hook, overhand right - countering his initial cross while maintaining your ground.
* Inside shoulder roll, rear uppercut, lead hook - dodging his cross before countering.
* Inside shoulder roll, rear uppercut, lead hook, cross, lead hook - variation of previous technique.
* Lean back/counter jab, cross, rear uppercut, rear hook, lead hook, cross, lead hook - advanced combo countering his jab.
* Lead sidestep/lead hook, rear uppercut - evading the cross with sidestep slip before counterstriking.
* Lead sidestep slip/lead hook, lead hook, rear hook, lead hook, rear hook - variation of previous techniques employing minimal hip rotation, but more intercepting.
* Lead outside block/counter cross, lead hook, cross - countering rear hook with block, then retaliation.
* Rear parry/counter cross, lead hook - parrying jab and counterstriking.
* Inside slip, outside slip, inside slip, cross, jab, cross - slipping opponent's jabs and returning fire.
* Rear sidestep slip, cross, jab - working off his attacking angle and countering.
* Outside slip, lead uppercut - evading his rear hand, then countering.
* Inside weave, outside weave, lead hook, cross - ducking under his hooks before answering them.
* Back-stepping jab, back-stepping cross, back-stepping jab, back-stepping cross - drill for countering over-aggressive opponent by retreating whilst returning fire.
* Inside slip, lead outside body block, lead hook - punishing opponent for his combo while blending your defense with offense.
* Outside slip, lead hook - close-range slipping and attacking.
* Inside slip/outside slip, rear outside body block/lead outside body block, lead hook/cross, jab, cross - another drill for blending offense with defense whilst maintaining your base.
* Inside slip, shovel hook, lead hook, cross - slipping his lead while attacking his body and head.
* Outside weave, lead hook, rear uppercut, lead hook - ducking under opponent's lead hook and countering.
* Outside slip, inside slip, cross, lead hook - advanced variation for countering his jab.
* Inside slip, rear uppercut, lead hook, cross step, cross/jab/cross - creating dominant angle of attack before unloading power shots.
MUAY THAI COMBOS: ATTACKING
* Double rear Thai kicks - kicking consecutive shots to penetrate his checking.
* Double lead Thai kicks - lead variation of previous technique.
* Double knees - attacking midsection with powerful knee strikes.
* Lead uppercut, rear side elbow, lead side elbow, rear Thai head kick - forcing opponent into defensive mode in order to open up with your combo.
* Jab, cross, lead parry, rear side elbow - launching counterstrike in middle of combo to nullify and capitalize on opponent's reactions.
* Jab, lean back, rear knee - attacking, then employing lean back rather than parrying.
* Jab, cross, lead cross block, rear spinning elbow - unorthodox technique to stun and open up opponent to your strikes.
* Jab, outside block, lead push kick, rear Thai head kick, lead Thai head kick - attacking, countering his kick, then continuing your attack.
MUAY THAI COMBOS: COUNTERING
* Lead parry, rear side elbow, rear knee - parrying his jab and punishing him with your own strikes.
* Lead parry, rear side elbow, rear knee cross, rear Thai head kick - more advanced version of previous technique.
* Crosscheck, cross, rear outside block, rear outside elbow - checking his inside kick and countering.
* Outside slip, lead hook, rear side elbow, rear knee - dodging opponent's jab with a slip and using the slip to launch your counterattack.
* Inside slip, lead uppercut elbow, rear side elbow - advanced technique to avoid his cross and launch your elbows.
* Inside slip, cross, rear head kick - slipping his cross, then attacking with a punch- and kick-combo.
* Outside slip/counter lead uppercut, lead hook, rear side elbow - dodging your opponent's jab while in opposite stances and counterstriking.
* Rear front kick parry, jab, rear side elbow - scooping his front kick then retaliating with a punch- and elbow-combo.
* Lead upward block, rear downward elbow (knee block), rear side elbow - blocking his looping punch, elbowing his knee strike and countering with your own elbow.
* Lead downward elbow (block of cross to body), lead uppercut elbow - countering with elbow strikes.
* Rear upward block/rear side elbow, lead upward block/lead side elbow, rear knee, lead knee - shutting down opponent's looping punches with elbows and knees.
* Lead outside block (with cross-body parry), rear side elbow - blocking his rear hand with your forearm, then attacking with an elbow.
* Counter push (switch step), lead head kick - intercepting his cross with a shove and changing stance before kicking to his head.
* Lead downward elbow (counter to rear knee), lead uppercut elbow, rear side elbow - intercepting his knee with a nasty elbow, then punishing him with elbows.
* Focus-pad work and Thai-pad work with partner.
* Drills include: Free flow boxing combos, free flow Muay Thai combos and continuous uppercuts.
Also available from Amazon:
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTIONAL MANUAL/STRIKING