Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on July 27, 2011
I was not a fan of Natasha Bedingfield before I purchased this album. I love both 'Pocketful of Sunshine' and 'Unwritten' very much... yet... I just looked just now and was surprised that I had never actually _bought_ either of those two singles. That tends to usually mean I have not really become a fan of the artist.

When this CD came out at the end of 2010, it felt like there had been a pretty large void in the number of my favorite artists releasing CDs currently and over the next few months. I was DYING for some new music, especially from female artists. Natasha's CD appeared in the "New Releases" area highly rated, and I thought it would be worth the investment. So I jumped in and bought the whole album sight unseen, so to speak.

It has become much dearer to me than I could have ever expected. It sounds corny to re-read those words, yet it is exactly what has happened. She literally surpassed my greatest expectations and has already sold me on her next release... may it come soon. The songs are very uplifiting, for lack of a better term. I cannot help but classify them that way if I focus on the _lyrical_ messages she is sharing. And oddly I don't usually pay much attention to lyrics these days; it is the music that calls me in the songs I revere.

So many of these tracks speak to me in a way that I must admit I have not had music do before.

To clarify, let's start with the track "Try." Someone in these Amazon reviews states there is no 'power ballad' on this CD. Have they not listened to this CD? The music of this track alone is calm yet forceful in its message of love. This is your so-called power ballad. It speaks of how it is never too late to change the way your relationship is going with someone.

And then there is the track "No Mozart." I am a married man, and the message it conveys to partners of intimacy is the most incredible interpretation of a woman's personal thoughts that I have ever heard. She tells of how you do not have to be a Mozart (essentially a master of your art) to play your mate like a piano (the physical intimacy). It was the first track I found myself wandering around the house singing, long before I knew the message Natasha was conveying in this song. Just an amazing song.

I don't know if you are hearing "Weightless" in your corner of the world, but they are not playing it around here on the radio. What a shame! This is the radio play that would catapult the album into the limelight... yet... I don't know what the non-radio-tracks were like on the last 2 albums, so how can I really know? But this is the song I sang the longest, and still find myself singing eight months after this album appeared onto my media server. No small feat for a band I am "not a fan of."

The remainder of the songs hit various highs and lows regarding song perfection, if there is such a thing. But not a one of them is throwaway. Not even close. It is jaw-dropping to me the vocal range Natasha has and displays on this album.

I am not sure what I'll do yet as far as Natasha's previous two albums are concerned. But I will always remember that "Strip Me" was the album that made me a fan of Natasha Bedingfield.
on April 18, 2017
every track is good!
on October 13, 2012
Natasha Bedingfield has such an incredibly beautiful voice and powerful lungs to carry her songs. I especially relate to the song 'Strip Me.' When my Mother asked me what Natasha's music and voice sounded like over an email, I did not reply; rather, I simply purchased the same CD, sent it to my Mother and wrote in the Gift Card, "I cannot express in words Natasha's music nor compare her voice to no other, you just need to hear for yourself." And my Mother really likes the CD and Natasha Bedingfields music, songs and voice.
on March 8, 2013
Pop ain't all bad. It's especially good for sugarcoating bad experiences. I bought it due to the inclusion of one of the songs in the soundtrack of "Something Borrowed". If, everybody was cute,... life was always happily ever after.... and your girlfriend didn't mind you walking away after she got pregnant it would be okay. Just because she's rich and not sure if, you're the daddy... you'd still be in court. Trite lyrics oversimplify real life.

BUT, HEY....This album goes well in the world of roses and pink tea!!! Therefore, it is what it is.
on January 14, 2014
This chic is a fiery one!! it's my first NB album and I'm enjoying it. My fave track is Weightless!!
on December 18, 2014
I never heard of her and stumbled on a song on Amazon as I was cruising Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and such. I realy like this pop singer and don't usually give 5* to anyone unless they compare to Katy. Natasha is not as much fun but her lyrics, enunciation, and voice are a 5-.WOW! Beautiful young woman too.
on April 11, 2013
It is an awesome album, however, the condition of the CD was very poor... I received the CD with a huge scratch and I cannot listen to the 13th track because it skips like crazy due to the scratch. I've loved listening the the album and don't want to spend the time/energy/expense sending it back for a replacement. It's a bummer but I continue listening and just fast forward the bad part of the CD.
on November 19, 2016
Love this CD and her vocals! Weightless is a great song, empowering, and easy listening. :)
on October 4, 2014
I love Natasha Bedingfield but hate her album "Strip Me." It is mixed so loud as to be unlistenable. I wish she'd put out acoustic versions of these songs.
on September 13, 2011
Such a fantastic album! It's like one long pep talk, getting you in the mood for living. Her vocals are flawless and powerful, a chest voice of steel there! The best track is the title, Strip Me, but in my opinion the second best is All I Need, track 2. I would recommend this album for anyone who appreciates fun, good storytelling, talent, and happy happy music.