Top critical review
19 people found this helpful
Pros and cons
on November 8, 2013
Pros and cons:
- These socks are about as soft as you could possibly find. They feel great against your skin.
- They come up higher on the leg than many other similar socks (about 5-6 inches past my ankle bone, no more cold ankles)
- They keep your feet warm but not overheated (like my fuzzy socks from Brookstone sometimes do).
- The neutral colors means you can wear them to work with dress pants.
- The price is very good, along with free shipping with Amazon Prime.
- One sock got a hole in the side on the very first day I wore them.
- They are not made of a knitted yarn. Instead, they seem like they are made by pressing fibers together, almost like re-cycled paper is made by pressing paper fiber together. When you peel the sticker tag off, you will see a LOT of fibers come off with the sticker. Kinda strange. The lack of knitting is what makes them get holes so easily, they are much more flimsy than knitted socks.
- Definitely had a chemical odor when I first got them (but it went away when I washed them).
You get what you pay for. I bought another pair of fuzzy socks that was the same price for one pair as for these three pairs, but the quality was about a hundred times better.