Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Strippers Vs. Werewolves
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 25, 2012
This movie has some familiar faces, Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger in Nightmare On Elm Street, the OG ones, not the new one) Lysette Anthony (Dracula Dead and Loving It) and Lucy Pinder (pretty much in any British magazine ever, she's super hot). This movie has strippers (so there is female nudity, yay) and werewolves. While it takes a while to build up to the climax in the third act which is a bit of a letdown, this movie is sometimes goofy albeit dumb. Since it doesn't take itself too serious, I think this movie helps add to the new sub-genre of Strippers vs. (insert supernatural monster here) none of which should be put under too much scrutiny as they are campy and crappy on purpose. It does look sharp on Blu-Ray which is a plus.
88 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2012
After liking and enjoying both Zombie Strippers and Zombies vs. Strippers, I expected the same kind of entertainment value from Strippers vs. Werewolves. Boy, was I disappointed. The only cool thing about Strippers vs. Werewolves is its title. The nudity is minimal, the werewolf makeup is horrible, and the action is almost non-existant. Even the cameo from Robert Englund is dull. There are much better movies about strippers and much better movies about werewolves than this, so see those instead.
on April 3, 2013
I bought this movie knowing it was probably going to be really bad and it didn't disappoint! One word, cheesy! I'm a sucker for B horror movies and this one suckered me in, don't waste your time or money on this stinker!!
Someone tried really hard to make this movie. They put serious effort into the acting, the script, the camera work. But in the end, it doesn't really work. I'm afraid to label this movie a failure though. Someone worked hard at this. I worry that if I label this movie as a failure that I'll have just given up. Maybe there is something awesome here and I missed it.

In the meantime, don't spend a lot of money on it. Don't expect to laugh a lot. I'm mostly just confused.
on January 2, 2014
After a stripper kills a werewolf with her silver pen, a pack of werewolves hunt down the killer of one of their kind as the film evolves toward the title climax. This production has a decent soundtrack and some stars. The film is more comedy than horror. Lines from the film:

"My mother sold my soul to the devil when I was 9 so I wouldn't be an altar boy."

"I'm sorry. I may have blocked your toilet."

"I would never do that...not on the first date anyway."

The film is campy with a little grindhouse mixed in. It had some enjoyable lines and scenes. Worth a peek for quirky grindhouse fans.

Parental Guide: F-bomb, sex, ample nudity FF.
on October 27, 2012
About 45 minutes in I was starting to almost want to fall asleep & I only started watching it at 5:00. That's not good at all. Once Robert Englund showed up the movie got better. It seems like they only had maybe ½ an hours worth of decent material & stretched that out to 90 minutes. I actually did like the ending. The Werewolves were plain disappointing looking. Think Hugh Jackman as Wolverine only a little messier with fangs. I say it's a rental at best. Strippers vs. Zombies was no prize movie but it has this beat.
As this latest episode in the age-old battle between strippers and werewolves plays out, I think we all know who the good guys are. Things have been quiet since the explosion of the Silvadollaz strip club back in 1984, but that all changes when one dumb brute goes all hairy during a private dance with "Justice" (Adele Silva) inside Vixen's. One silver fountain pen to the eye later, a werewolf lies dead and Vixen's owner Jeanette knows that her girls and her club are in danger. There's not a lot of good you can say about werewolves, but you can't say they aren't loyal to their pack. Once they find out how their mate died, it's on.

When these strippers signed on to dance, they knew they would have to deal with some potentially dangerous - even hairy - guys, but I'm pretty sure that werewolves were not mentioned anywhere in their contracts. Never underestimate a stripper, though - especially Justice, as she's even able to turn a complicating and potentially disastrous complication to the girls' own advantage. There are a few subplots that make this movie a little more interesting (strippers are people, too, you know) and there's a fair share of comedy sprinkled throughout, but in the end it's exactly what the title says - Strippers vs. Werewolves.

Here's a list of things to be aware of before watching this film. Robert Englund basically has a cameo scene and that's it; there's not much in the way of actual stripping; and the special effects (especially the werewolf makeup) aren't going to win any awards. There's some blood and gore, but this isn't really a horror film. It's pure camp, and you probably already know whether you're the type of person who would enjoy it. I thought it was pretty decent.
on November 29, 2012
Okay, I know what you're thinking. Strippers? Werewolves? Really? You must be crazy! Yes, as a matter of fact, I am kind of crazy--- crazy in love! For reals, folks. This is no laughing matter. Actually, that's not true because there's quite a bit of elicited laughter when you watch a bunch of scantily clad pole dancers blow away a pack of hairy man-beasts. But in all seriousness, this movie was one of those special rarities that caught me by surprise with how legitimately entertaining it was. Remember that time I rated a book on the awesomely bad scale? Yeah, Strippers vs Werewolves is kinda like that. It's one of those rare gems that's so terrible; it becomes, in fact, awesome. Look, don't try to fight it. It's science, people.

Let me just preface the rest of this review by noting that over Thanksgiving, I was super ill. Thusly, I spent the bulk of my holiday bed-ridden and in a Nyquil/Benadryl induced haze, instantly rendering Neflix my new BFF. And being in such a drugged stupor, things like Strippers vs Werewolves starts to sound like a really good idea. And much to my Kleenex-loving delight, it was! Just know that going in, it's better to eliminate any expectations and take the movie at face value because, c'mon, the plot revolves around strippers and werewolves. Hey! They're English strippers! Naturally they're a step above their American counterparts because anyone with an English accent is, by default, classier. Anyway, the plot is as the title describes--strippers versus werewolves. More specifically, a stripper accidentally murders a werewolf so his pack decides to deliver swift justice upon them all. Only they didn't gamble on the fact that one of the stripper's boyfriends is a Van Helsing of sorts and he equips our busty ladies with some serious firepower to fight back. And you better believe they fight back in the most epic and half-naked of ways.

It quickly becomes clear that director, Jonathan Glendening, knew exactly what he was doing. This movie is purposefully over-the-top, ridiculous and yet still frequently funny. The cheese factor is high but that's what endears it to my heart even more. I especially appreciated the references to the 80's classic, The Monster Squad, which was very unexpected. And for those of you with a keen eye, you'll notice an homage to other cult horror movies in there as well, which is totally cool. But, by far, the best thing about it was the cameos. I am a HUGE movie freak so when I see appearances by Robert Englund (aka Freddy Kreuger), Alan Ford (Snatch) and Lysette Anthony (Dracula: Dead and Loving It), I get really excited. Like, irrationally so. And while some may fault Glendening for his choice of old school make-up effects, this is where I give him applause. Traditional monster make-up is a dying art, one that I can still appreciate more than the overly-used, cartoonish CGI we usually see in B-list horror. Of course, the movie isn't without fault either. I think Glendening was trying too hard at times for that `artsy' sort of feeling with all the jump cuts and slow-motion, but it is what it is. Overall, it surprisingly hit the mark and exceeded my low-brow expectations. And when you're sick, you can't ask for much more than that!

Food for Thought: Strippers vs Werewolves is definitely not going to win the Oscar, like ever, but it certainly maintains merit in terms of entertainment value. A comedy masked as horror, it's somewhat crass, campy and a bit fun! This movie is a crowd pleaser for those of you who can get down with movies that don't take themselves too seriously. If anything, it's fun to watch for the cameos, alone. FYI: being completely doped up on Nyquil doesn't hurt either!

Rating: 3.5 Stars
on October 12, 2013
I decided to try it in spite of the reviews when I got this for $5 plus shipping through Amazon. I have to say it was a fun movie. I expected a "B" horror flick but was surprised at the quality of the acting. I gave it 5 stars because it hit the mark as a fun "werewolf" movie. The lead werewolf character was great. Enjoyed it!!!
on December 17, 2012
I only bought this film for Lucy Pinder's cameo, and man is it brief. It's a toal of 2 1/2 scenes, but its her film acting debut and so I got it to add to my Pinder collection. "Strippers vs. Werewolves" is actually worse than I expected and that means a lot considering the subject material. Not enough gore/sex appeal for a movie of it's title and its tries a bit too hard with some of the jokes. It has it's moments but ultimately once Lucy was no longer in the movie I lost interest.