|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z370 Mini ITX Motherboard with onboard 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit LAN and USB 3.1
|CPU Socket||LGA 1151|
|Compatible Processors||8th Generation Intel Core|
|Chipset Type||Intel Z370|
|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
|Series||STRIX Z370-I GAMING|
|Memory Storage Capacity||32 GB|
|Graphics Card Interface||PCI-E|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Gigabit LAN and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- Innovative M.2 Double-Decker Heatsink shrouds the main M.2 slot and provides shared cooling for both the M.2 and PCH;Anti-surge LANGuard. Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting and addressable RGB header
- Patent-pending Safe Slot features an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Rog Strix Z370-I Gaming
Experience next-gen performance with the mini-ITX Rog strix Z370-I Gaming, exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors.
Unleash your system’s full power using 5-Way Optimization and outshine the competition with customizable AURA Sync RGB lighting.
Innovative M.2 double-decker heatsink, onboard 802.11ac WiFi and front-panel USB 3.1 deliver maximum connectivity speeds.
At a Glance
- Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors
- Dual M.2, front panel USB 3.1, 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit LAN and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- M.2 Double-Decker Heatsink
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4
- ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting
- 8-channel HD audio
One-click overclock and cooling
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of the system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
Double decker heatsink
ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming has an innovative double-decker heatsink design that allows the M.2 SSD to be stacked atop of the PCH heat sink, which is then topped off with an additional metal heatsink for the M.2 drive. The two heatsinks are thermally isolated to prevent the PCH and M.2 from affecting each other.
2x2 Wi-Fi with mu-mimo
Next-level 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas offer up to 867Mbps transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology ensures that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds.
ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming is carefully designed and engineered with loads of high-quality components to protect your investment. SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance while Q-LEDs indiciate power status and issues for quick diagnosis.
Outshine the competition
Cast a stunning multi-color glow across your build with the powerful RGB LEDs built in to Rog Strix Z370-I Gaming, or attach separate addressable RGB strip using the onboard 3-pin header.
Compare with similar items
Experience next-gen performance with the mini-ITX ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING, exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors. Unleash your system's full power using 5-Way Optimization and outshine the competition with customizable AURA Sync RGB lighting. Innovative M.2 double-decker heatsink, onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi and front-panel USB 3.1 deliver maximum connectivity speeds.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. STUDY the user manual very carefully and identify all the component parts and where they are located on the board.
2. MAKE SURE that all the components work together well.
3. TAKE YOU TIME. Don't rush it because little things can add up to MAJOR problems
So, I am very happy with this mobo and I highly recommend it!
3) Fresh Windows 10 install is unable to properly detect the networking adapter.
2) ASUS included the software for this motherboard on a disc (rather than a USB stick or memory card that a modern computer in a small form factor might use)
3) Official BIOS from the update page for this specific mother board is unable to be flashed because it is "not a valid bios file." Total nonsense.
4) Official LAN drivers from the update page for this specific motherboard will not install because, "no intel adapters are present on this system." Nevermind
5) Official LAN drivers from the Intel update download page for the networking adapter listed as being present on this motherboard will not install because, "no intel adapters are present on this system." Nevermind that the installer detects the Intel I219-V adapter before attempting the install....
Didn't really bring your A-game with this one, Asus. Product should work out of the box. Official updates should install. BIOS updates should flash.
I called Amazon customer support, and within 10 minutes, an expedited order for a replacement board was being readied for shipment, and a pre-paid UPS label was dispatched to my email.
One thing I would like to point out, is that the layout of the board matched pretty closely to previous generation builds- so closely, in fact, that I didn't have to change the cable management for my system at all- all of the internal I/O connections were in the same general location as they were with my old Z87 build.
Hopefully the DOA problem is an isolated incident, and the replacement board will be good-to-go on arrival. If the second board arrives DOA, or has any other problems whatsoever, I'll be returning it for a refund, and going with a different brand altogether. (probably an EVGA board)
I'll update this review upon receipt of the replacement. I've posted a 1-star review for this product as a warning that ASUS Quality Control let a bad one through their door, and that it could happen to you, too.
Tech stuff: (TL;DR below)
4 DIMM slots (dual), DDR4-SDRAM, Speeds: 2133,2400,2666,2800,3000,3200,3333,3400,3466,3600,3733,3866,4000 MHz, unbuffered, non ecc, registered
Intel series: Core i3, i5, or i7, LGA 1151 (H4), z370 chipset
Gigabit ethernet port (RJ45) ((there is no wireless option)), USB 2.0, USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1), Onboard Audio and Video, RAID levels: 0, 1, 5, 10, Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP), 3 PCI Express x1, 3 PCI Express x16 slots
The BIOS on this motherboard is very user friendly. Of note: XMP must be enables if you are using anything over 2400mhz ram. Another note: Windows 7 does not like this motherboard.
The motherboard has very limited LED lighting onboard that 'breathes'. It looks cool, but the only color option is red and isnt very bright.
Onboard fan support is good (4 ports plus 1 for the AIO pump).
Overall (TL;DR part)
This motherboard was a breeze to install. It has great component support. The BIOS is extremely easy to use and configure. Are there better (more expensive) motherboards out there? Yes. This one is a great value and well worth your time and peace of mind.
Top reviews from other countries
I expected a lot of coil whine, got basically none instead, which is great.
The M2 heatsink is very effective, ingenious and somehow aesthetically pleasing, too.
The overall layout of the board is well-thought: you’ll have no problems installing large CPU coolers together with beefy video cards, there’s plenty of room.
Good audio with very little background noise.
The only problem costing this board one star is the software that comes with it. The DIP is a large, overblown, pretentious piece of junk that won’t persist overclock settings after a reboot (wat!), so you have to use the BIOS anyway. ASUS Aura sync simply doesn’t work: my LED settings occasionally reset, and at that point of I try to launch Aura, it crashes. I have to uninstall and reinstall, and have to use a specific version because all the others crash straightaway.
The software is utter garbage coded by clueless monkeys.
I was astonished by the value you can get, this board is fantastic for the price, even for overclocking! I managed a stable 5.2ghz using 1.35volts.