Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know Paperback – August 28, 2007
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
The most important person in a young girl’s life? Her father.
Teen health expert Dr. Meg Meeker has the data and clinical experience to prove it. After more than twenty years of counseling girls, she knows that fathers, more than anyone else, set the course for their daughters’ lives.
Now Dr. Meeker, author of the critically acclaimed Epidemic: How Teen Sex Is Killing Our Kids, shows you how to strengthen--or rebuild--your bond with your daughter, and how to use it to shape her life, and yours, for the better.
Directly challenging the feminist attack on traditional masculinity, Dr. Meeker demonstrates that the most important factor for girls growing up into confident, well-adjusted women is a strong father with conservative values. To have one, she shows, is the best protection against eating disorders, failure in school, STDs, unwed pregnancy, and drug or alcohol abuseand the best predictor of academic achievement, successful marriage, and a satisfying emotional life.
Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters reveals:
- The essential characteristics and virtues of strong fathersand how to develop them
- How daughters take cues from their fathers on everything from drug use, drinking, smoking, and having sex, to self-esteem, moodiness, and seeking attention from boys
- Why girls want you to place restrictions on them (even though they’ll complain when you do)
- How to become a hero to your daughterand why she needs that more than anything
- The one mistake fathers make that is the primary cause of girls "hooking up"
- Why girls depend on the guidance of fathers through, and even beyond, their college years
- Recipe for disaster: the notion that girls "need to make their own decisions and mistakes"
- Why girls need Godand how your faith, or lack thereof, will influence her
- How to communicate with your daughterand how not to
- True stories of "prodigal daughters"and how their fathers helped bring them back
Dads, you are far more powerful than you think you are. Your daughters need the support that only fathers can provideand if you are willing to follow Dr. Meeker’s advice on how to guide your daughter, to stand between her and a toxic culture, your rewards will be unmatched.
About the Author
Meg Meeker, M.D., is the bestselling author of The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers; Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters; and Boys Should Be Boys. She has been a physician practicing pediatric and adolescent medicine, working with children and their parents, for more than thirty years. Dr. Meeker is the mother of four children and lives with her husband in northern Michigan.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just in the first two chapters, I have an understanding of what I need from my Dad, what I need to look out for in myself. I am seeing the parallels in how girls push back on their Dads and how I push back on men, and now I know why. Moreover, I saw the parallel in why I push back on my Heavenly Father as well. I thought I was going to read this book and fix myself. It gave me the simple-things to take to my Dad. We talked, and I found out, much like a girl in this book, that the impression I had of him was incorrect. We are working on our relationship.