Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 118 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 133 reviews
on March 21, 2017
This book is FANTASTIC! My husband just suffered a minor stroke and thanks to this book he is making an incredible recovery. We highly recommend EVERYONE read it, as you never know when you or a loved one will suffer a stroke, and you'll want to know this info BEFORE hand, so you know how to get going with the recovery immediately. Can't say enough good things about it...
on July 11, 2013
I really do like this book. There is a lot of information that is useful. Many therapists do not give this kind of information. Once your Physical/Occupational/Speech therapy sessions are over, you feel like your recovery is at a standstill. This book has been a very useful tool in continuing therapy at home. It inspires hope that your recovery will continue.
on August 7, 2017
This is a must-have I am not kidding five stars all day if you or a loved one experience a bad stroke that leaves you with deficits this book could not be more helpful you will not get this information from insurance companies from medical facilities much of it seems like common sense but follow page for page this will give the person with handicaps their best chance for recovery
on June 5, 2017
This was such a great book that I contacted a matrix repatterning expert in my area and went for a treatment. I had never heard of it before Peter Levine's book. I'm going back this month for my second treatment, which really helped. Thanks Peter Levine! Everyone should read this book.
on August 9, 2011
Five stars! Peter Levine's book is extraordinary in that it offers hope and a guide to rehabilitation. I recently viewed the Youtube video of Kathy Spencer's recovery (her review appears in the list of these reviews), due to Peter Levine's book, which is link on his blog site. Amazing is the word that comes to mind after viewing it. It is truly inspirational to me.

What I find unbelievable is coming up with a neurologist or physiatrist or therapist who is familiar with the book and its approach. I am willing to put in the hours (I have done so since I read the book several months ago), but I am looking for professional help to give me guidance. Right now, the only guidance I can get is through Levine's book.

I have bought several copies of the book and have given them to physical and occupational therapists I have encountered along the way in the hope that they will know of someone in their field in the Boston area. I hold these people in high esteem and believe they have tried their best, but to date none is familiar with the book.

Just recently, I bought two copies for two nurses who work for my health insurance company. They were really fantastic when I was recovering in the hospital, but they have never heard of the book!

The neurologist that I was assigned to said last December (the 12th month after my TBI) "let's see what neuroplasticity does." Well, it does nothing unless stimulated as Peter Levine writes. She was merely monitoring my condition and had a wait-and-see attitude. Needless to say, that was the last time I saw her. I am still looking. When will the professional community wake up to Levine's book and his approach.

I am fortunate in that I have read the book and have even seen some of the benefits already, but I feel bad for the patients who never hear of the book and who suffer from a wait-and see attitude on the part of their doctors. It's a real tragedy.
on May 15, 2016
Excellent book. After my wifes stroke I learned more than I ever wanted to know about the brain. I'm glad I did as it made the transition easy. The stroke changed our lives and the book gave us the tools to make the changes easier.
on May 9, 2014
Two neurologist, assigned to me, refused to treat me along with the rehab physician presumably because I had an HMO. Clearly,lack of money was their motivation. Without any medical guidance, this book is helping with my recovery.
on April 13, 2017
Very interesting book. Thought there would be more useful and new info to learn though. Quite a bit of information in the book didn't apply to my brain stroke and the effects I experienced, so I skipped a few chapters.
on October 27, 2014
I am a stroke survivor, tons of information, it helped me a great deal with recovery, I purchased it while I was in the hospital. A must read for stroke survivors and caregivers. Thank you Mr. Levine, I feel my recovery would of not gotten this far this fast without the book.

Michael j. Hoover
on October 8, 2012
Six months ago, one of our closest friends (age 59) suffered a stroke which left him paralyzed on his left side and with compromised vision. While medical care and physical therapy were a great help, it eventually became evident that not only did he need assistance but all those who knew and loved him needed assistance as well. This book meets that need. Need to know about the so-called plateau and how to overcome it - it's there; retraining of the affected body parts - there; important precautions for the patient's safety during recovery - there; special equipment to assist the patient - there. Just because the treatment covered by insurance ends, it does not mean either the end of improvement or the end of hope. It promises hope for the patient's recovery and a plan for achieving that goal.