Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 218 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 269 reviews
on March 23, 2014
Strong's is a complete and serious concordance of both Hebrew and Greek translations of the Bible. This is a serious book. I have assumed leadership of both Bible Study and Adult Sunday School in my Church, and just using the "handout" materials seemed like a cheat. I want to ensure I am representing the Bible accurately and also completely. To that end, Strongs is a tool that was recommended to me and is NOT for the casual user. It is not formatted to be simple, but it is formatted to allow the most accurate information they can get into one book. Often, different Bible translations will have different words to the same verse. Strong's provides the best way to narrow that down to the best definition based on accurate translation with no theological bias involved.

Be warned: There is a serious learning curve in using it. How the sections are laid out, the fact that the Hebrew section reads right to left instead of left to write, and the amazingly small print (where do they get a font with THAT small of a stinking number anyway??) all assure you that if you do not use it often, you will need to double and triple check yourself to be sure you are not looking at the wrong reference number or even the wrong verse.

This is for someone who enjoys the challange of reading scripture. If you are just beginning to read the Bible or are looking for a more easy to use concordance, there are dozens of other options that may be more to your needs. But if you are looking for a complete reference that will show as many sides of the translations as is possible and where in the Bible every use of the word "love" is, this is your book. I have used it numerous times since I recieved it, and find it to be just what I need to ensure I am challenging both those I lead in study and myself to ensure our theology is in line with Biblical intentions, not just church doctrine. That is important to me.

Be sure to use with an open mind. This concordance will put scripture into proper historic context. It will change the way you look at the Bible.
on October 8, 2015
Exactly what I wanted and needed. I have always like and used the Strong Concordance but as I've grown older it has been harder for me to see the fine print in the standard edition. This version has the same content but with larger print so I can continue my study of the bible. I know that it does not contain all the information that is in the standard version (I did a comparison) but for the majority of the research I do it has everything I need and more.
on April 9, 2012
Wow! On the cover it says something along the line of easy to read. They must be referring to the crispness of the characters printed on the page because it sure has some of the smallest print I've seen in long time. Thankfully at 49 years old I will still be able to read this for a few more years before my eyesight gets much worse (I do wear glasses) and I have to retire this book and look for something in a large print version. For anybody who has eyesight that is not great you may want to seriously consider buying a Strong's in a large print version or plan on using a magnifying glass to read this version. I've posted a picture of the print in this Strong's with a dollar bill included in the picture so everybody can have something familiar to compare the print size to.

Now that I've gotten the one negative part of this review out of the way it's time to explain why I gave this book a 5 star review. I just received it an hour ago and was doing a daily dovotional and needed to look up a verse that the author mentioned without stating where the verse was found in the Bible. Thanks to my new Strong's I was able to look up a key word and in a couple minutes find the referenced verse. I've been without a Strong's now for several years and am thrilled to once again have it to aid me in my study of the Word! I won't ever go without one again. For anybody, whether they are new Christians or well versed in the Bible, it is a great resource that no Christian library is complete without. Basically a Strong's concordance in my opinion is such a great resource that it deserves the 5 star rating I gave it.

If you've never used a Strong's concordance before it can look pretty confusing when you first glance at it's pages. If you'll take some time to read through the opening pages of it you'll find some good instructions on how to use this reference tool. Even though it can look intimidating at first, don't let that discourage you from utilizing it to it's fullest. I am a high school graduate with no college education and no training in Biblical matters (either formal or informal training) and I am able to use it and benefit from this great resource. So read the beginning pages that explain how to utilize it, experiment with it and I'm sure it will become one of your favorite resources!

I haven't had a chance yet to check out the "bells and whistles" included in this particular version of Strong's, but the one thing I did notice and appreciate in my first use of it use of it was the improved binding used on the cover. It actually allows the book to lay flat (well flatter than any book I've ever read anyways) so it's easier to read. I love this improvement!
review image
on March 10, 2015
LOVE THE PRINT SIZE AND THE DARKNESS OF THE PRINT.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon December 19, 2015
I purchased this Strong's Concordance for my cousin who just started reading the Bible about a year ago. I'm a Theology major so we've shared some interesting conversations about what the Word says and what people think it means...

Unfortunately, sometimes bad hermeneutics, homiletics, or exegesis can cause a lot of misunderstanding... Basically, you need to really study the Word to understand it correctly. Since the Bible was originally written in Greek and Hebrew, the translation can easily be misunderstood and even at times mis-preached.

This is the Concordance I personally use and recommend to others. Excellent tool and easy to use (although, as another reviewer pointed out, some may need a magnifying glass).

I'm uploading a photo of the one I purchased, from the seller, Bookinista Books because I had an added blessing. They included a bag (that feels like a thin raincoat in fabric) and a small bag it can fold up to fit inside of. Perfect for in your purse or suitcase for when you need a bag.

They also included a handwritten thank you, happy holiday wish, and coupon code for next time. Very nice touches! Would definitely recommend to others and buy again from this seller. Smile. Hope this is helpful!
review image
on November 28, 2012
I am not going to attempt to review its literary, theological or organizational format. This review is focusing on one thing only-LARGE PRINT! I DON'T THINK SO. If you are looking for a concordance that is larger print, this is not for you. I still have to use my glasses and sometimes, I have to use a stronger pair. AGAIN....what it says is not my review but if you are looking for a large print concordance. place close attention to the words,"larger print." which it is not.
on April 21, 2015
I can't see that much difference between my old Strongs. But I have not done an in depth comparison yet.
I prefer Wigram's because it gives the word "in context" and not just laundry lists of where the word is used.
Strongs is a classic source and easy to use, however. A good place to start for the novice.
on May 29, 2017
This is the ultimate concordance. It is exhaustive in its coverage of every verse for every word. I bought it used for just over a dollar. It is a hard cover in new condition. This was an incredible purchase.
on February 5, 2016
If you own an iPad there is an app that is faster and more efficient, but if you like the hard copy and to study over it it is the one to choose.
on July 21, 2013
Our family has always had a Strong's Concordance on our shelf, and it is probably our most used reference for the Bible. The Exhaustive Concordance has the words in the BIble so that you can look up the Scriptures and it has Greek/Hebrew definitions as well. So, for example, let's say I want to find a verse and I remember a couple words out of that verse. I can look up the words that I know, see all the places that word is written in the Bible, and find the verse that I am looking for. Or, for another example, let's say I want to find verses about love. I can look up love and see all the times that word is written in the Bible. And if I want to know the definition of love, I can look up the original Greek or Hebrew words and see the original definitions. It is a very handy reference tool.