Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Strongholds of Sorcery: The Glain Campaign Paperback – October 6, 2017
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The one shot I've played in this was a meatgrinder. So I'd say at least with the adventure "House of Coldarius" keep it in mind this is old school and not entirely merciful.
4 complete RPG adventures with maps, for less than $5. Keep it short and sweet; buy this book or at least check out the PDF then buy the book.
A few things to keep in mind:
- The price is about as much as a fancy cup of coffee. You can't really go wrong at that price. And the adventures in here (one big one and three shorter ones) are as good as any others I've seen in published modules.
- Having a printed book is great for leaving notes or stickies on the pages; and for the real old-school table-top gaming experience lets you turn off all the electronics for fewer distractions.
- The adventures are set up very well with enough back-story for the characters and surroundings to make it interesting but flexible enough to fit into most any campaign with only slight modifications.
- Could probably be converted to other game systems if needed; OSR-style games should be pretty easy to merge with this module.
- The artwork is sparse and simple. You're not getting a book that's half-art and half-text, as you might expect from other available commercial modules.
- The main (first and biggest) adventure is explicitly geared towards non-combat encounter resolution with more focus on roleplaying and exploring than direct combat. Those looking for a hack-and-slash dungeon crawl may need to look elsewhere.
- NOT FOR BEGINNING CHARACTERS. The only issues you might have is that this is not an intro module. Your party will need to either be created at level 4 or so, or have gone through enough adventures to reach level 4.
- Lots of content. Your milage may vary but I'd expect a group playing a weekly session of a few hours to spend at least a few months on the big adventure and probably at least a month each on the shorter adventures.