- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 1 edition (March 4, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321105184
- ISBN-13: 978-0321105189
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 0.5 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,061,104 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Struggle for Power and Influence in Cities and States 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
The text explores four specific themes throughout its chapters:
- The role of power and influence in state and local government and politics
- The tension between representative and participatory politics
- The ways in which the structures of government and political processes interact
- Whether the outcomes produced by the governmental institutions and processes are good or bad.
Practical Exercises present real world scenarios that motivate students to get involved in their local the political systems.
Questions for Review and Chapter Discussion Questions help students review the main ideas of each chapter.
New to this Edition: