From the Back Cover
Use the Struts framework to create flexible, high-performance, business-oriented Web applications that use Java servlets and JavaServer Pages. James Holmes, a committer on the Struts project, provides a comprehensive Struts tutorial that gets you started building real-world applications as quickly as possible. He offers in-depth coverage of the MVC architecture, Validators, Tiles, modules, the Struts Tag Libraries, and JSTL. You’ll also get details on securing and testing your applications as well as expert tips and techniques on how to make a Struts application sizzle.
- Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture
- Take advantage of the built-in validation interface
- Create and reuse a Tiles JSP layout
- Configure and use Struts’ declarative exception handler
- Set up and use modules in your applications
- Use the HTML, Bean, Logic, and Nested Tag Libraries
- Use the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL)
- Work with the Struts, Tiles, and Validator configuration files
- Secure your Struts applications
- Perform a variety of unit tests on Struts applications
Author: James Holmes, a committer on the Struts project, is the creator of the most popular Struts tool, the Struts Console. In 2002, Oracle Magazine gave him the prestigious Java Developer of the Year award for his work with the Struts framework and JDeveloper. Editor: Herb Schildt is the world’s number-one programming author. He is an authority on the C, C++, Java, and C# programming languages, and a master Windows programmer. His books have sold more than three million copies worldwide and have been translated into all major foreign languages.