BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 7, 2014
[EDIT: I thought I'd move this part to the top as it may be helpful to some, although it was added more as an afterthought.]
Since I've owned the other pair of 5050s for a year, here are some tips from personal experience for new 5050 lovers who can still find a good quality pair (you may have better luck with leather than with suede) but find it difficult to get in and out of this style:

1. The easiest way to put on the 5050 boots, as conterintuitive as it may seem, is to remain in standing position when you do so. Your body weight will be working for you as you step down into the boot, and you wouldn't have to pull like crazy the way you would if you were sitting.

2. The easiest way to take off the 5050 boots is to roll down the top (turning it inside out from the top and peel half way down) before pulling out your foot.

[And here's the main review.]

Last year (late 2013) I splurged on my first pair of 5050 boots, a gorgeous pair in softest black nappa leather. When I tried them on at the store, I also lusted over the cola (brown) suede version which felt like caressing butter in my hand - but of course, at this price I couldn't get two pairs in a row and decided on just the black ones (see, I was being "sensible" lol).

I couldn't put them out of my mind though, and kept checking back - the cola suede ones became unavailable for months on end in my size, and when I saw them return this fall (2014), I was overjoyed and could no longer resist ordering them.

When I finally got them though... WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! While the cut/style remains the same 5050, this year's suede material is thicker and much more stiff, nowhere near as luxurious as before (which was how it should be considering the price tag). Even the box they come in is shorter this year, with the boot shaft folded in half to fit inside, as opposed to the extra-long box of last year that accommodated the full length of the OTK 5050s. I feel that they have skimped on the quality while raising the already sky-high list price by another forty dollars.

Sorry Stuart W, it's just unacceptable and these are going back. To be fair, the quality is not bad and the style is fabulous as always. But for a luxury product at this price point, I expect nothing less than exceptional quality - else we could just go for the Franco Sarto or other boots of similar style at less than a quarter of the price.
33 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2015
I debated these for so long they do cost a lot. I took the plunge after buying cheap leather copies that would constantly bunch around the ankle so I was forever pulling them back up to the knee. Not so with SW boots, the quality materials means they stay put, which is the whole reason you would buy this length boot. It was also a sign of the quality that there was absolutely no discomfort or 'wearing in' period - they fit like a glove from word go. I went down a US half size to 10.5 which is the euro 41, they are roomy but not in an oversized way, just super comfortable.
on March 17, 2017
I was thinking about these boots for a couple of years. Read great reviews and finally bought the boots. I was very surprised that the boots are not that great. The quality is good but they do not look that flattering on my feet. I think they are a way too overpriced. I previously had very similar boots by Vince Camoto which were more comfortable and much less expensive. Big disappointment
on January 8, 2013
Pros:
• These are by far the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever owned. I like wearing flip flops even in winter because I find every shoe/boot to be uncomfortable. These feel amazing.
• The leather feels like butter.
• You can dress them up or down depending on your outfit; super versatile.
• Perfect height; I'm 5'4 and they hit exactly above my knee.
Cons:
• I have skinny ankles; i don't like how slouchy they get. They get extra bunched up around my ankles and I notice myself puling them up every half hour.
• Because the leather is so soft, they start to look worn-in/used after just a few wears. It may not be a con for you, but I like it when things still look new.
• Of course the price is pretty high.

I'm adding a picture incase any one would like to see how they look on an average person.
review image review image
on April 16, 2017
Love these boots but recommend ordering a half size smaller. Run large.
on December 15, 2015
Had been pining for these for years!!!!Saved up my Amazon points, and waited for the (infrequent) markdown....then I pounced and I'm so happy.
I got an 8M, I had tried them on at my local store just to be sure, they are a tiny bit bigger than I expected, if I wear them with tights/nylons. With socks/skinny jeans they fit better. I wore them all day, and they are surprisingly comfortable. They look great either tucked into jeans, or with a dress.. Am already plotting my next pair.......
on February 27, 2015
Gorgeous shoes and excellent buttery soft leather. I get many compliments from people who may or may not know this brand.

The only complains I have for these shoes are the fact that they slide downwards throughout the day and create folds near the ankle area. I guess the stretchy back has its plus and minus - I'm not sure if it happens with everyone but I have somewhat muscular calves and this happens to be a lot. I find myself pulling these shoes up every now and then but there's not really a permanent fix.
on January 21, 2017
These boots are incredible - a wonderful addition to my wardrobe that I will be able to wear for years to come. Now I just have to decide what color to buy next :)
on March 20, 2015
Well anticipating i would send these back when they arrived due to the cost... they arrived and i just cant send them back! I mean these are gorgeous!! Hit perfectly above the knee. Super comfortable and so flattering!! Honestly they are worth the $$$$ For me they fit true to size.
on April 7, 2017
Stuart Weitzman offers a gorgeous boot and fits as advertised. Love this boot. It is the most comfortable boot I own.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.