Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I'm Stuck, You're Stuck: Breakthrough to Better Work Relationships and Results by Discovering your DiSC Behavioral Style
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 1, 2006
That's what you get when you buy this book. The book simply reprints the same material you get in the DISC instrument. There is nothing, nothing, new here. There is no insight, no detail, no discussion on how to use the information. I use DISC constantly in my business and found this book a total waste. If you want to understand DISC go to [...] and get their home study program. It's terrific, detailed, and provides lots of examples. I also recommend the book "The 4-Dimensional Manager." Still not as good as the above reference but at least it's worth the money.
on March 8, 2002
This book brings DiSC to life, and makes it understandable. It contains a detailed description of the various behavioral style combinations that are possible, and does a good job of explaining them in simple language, without much of the technical jargon that can sometimes accompany assessment tools.
The book includes a DiSC assessment tool, which is somewhat different than what is available commercially, but seemed accurate when I compared my results vs. other versions.
I've used DiSC® with several clients of mine. We usually spend class time explaining DiSC® and the theories behind it. This book could be easily used as pre-work to save class time during any training or consulting intervention involving behaviors, conflict, communication, team-building, management or leadership development.
I found this book light reading with virtually every sentence applicable to the real world. If you are an HRD, Training, Business or Personal Coach or Consulting Professional, you need this book in your toolkit!
I highly recommend this book to readers of all ages.
on May 7, 2002
While a complete well-grounded book for the public on the DISC dimensions of behavior is critically needed, Mr. Ritchey seems to have attempted to create an entirely new DISC self-assessment tool that is not based on the original framework of Marston, Jung, Cleaver, Hendrickson, and certainly not Geier who developed the DISC profile Ritchey purportedly has used for years. A publication for the masses who have been exposed to DISC behavior concepts, assessments, profiles, "tests", and tools is sorely needed. This book adds not to clarity, but to the confusion of the users of DISC tools for personal and professional growth. DISC conceptually is a strong assessment in today's marketplace. Used correctly a DISC Profile will create "miracles." Not only is the book gravely inaccurate and misleading in places (specifically the history section), it provides "tests" for the public that are invalid, unreliable, and inaccurate. I was very disappointed in this book.
on December 14, 2004
As an earlier reviewer noted, this book isn't the DiSC in its purest form. However, it does provide a framework for understanding relationships at work clearly and concisely. I was introduced to the DiSC during a leadership school I attended through work, and this book provided me with the tools and framework I needed to share the model with my staff. In one-on-ones, I've been told that the process was both enlightening and useful on a daily basis.

If you're looking for pure DiSC, look elsewhere. But if you want a tool to improve the way you and your staff interact, written in a way that's easy for everyone to understand, this is the book.
on April 28, 2014
As a manager I used DisC to help our team understand each of their styles and mine. This book helped me to manage them according to their preferred style and helped me to get them to adjust to the styles of their team mates. This helped us to be a great team.

Chris Wodke
Author: Running for My Life-Winning for CMT
on March 8, 2013
Have presented this book to my deparmental supervisor and director......Will see if they don't feel like I'm trying to control and just simply make a fun departmental effort/realization of how and why we all are who we are and work the way we do together and perceive each other as we do.....we'll see. It was very insightful fo rme and helped me to relax with who I really am and felt very verified that it's OK to be who I am because all I am is an S.......that's not an easy place to live in life these days (smile)!
on March 2, 2007
I thought this book nailed behavior patterns to a "T", and also provided insight as to how best to approach people. It was very insightful for massaging relationships, but glossed over the fact that some personality types aren't ever going to perform certain functions well no matter WHAT you do (e.g., "social butterflies" are never going to be "producers", and vice versa, no matter how persuasively you ask). You can ease the situation but you're never going to change who a person is at a fundamental level.
on May 23, 2007
I was looking for a book to learn about the DISC tool and to be able to interpret the results of a test, something I could use to train others. This was not helpful. I also purchased the sister book about teams, and that was almost exactly the same as this one. Don't buy both. The same charts were present with VERY minor changes. I don't recommend this book.
on March 21, 2007
I gave the tests to the managers in my store and showed how each of us had different working personalities and what we needed to do to be able to work togther better.
on June 27, 2016