Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The KJV Study Bible (Bonded Leather) (King James Bible) Bonded Leather – January 1, 2011
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Barbour Publishing is a leading Christian book publisher with over 30 years of offering bestselling books featuring exceptional value, biblical encouragement, and the highest quality. Barbour is the home of New York Times Bestselling author Wanda E. Brunstetter along with Gilbert Morris, Kelly Eileen Hake, Ronie Kendig, Olivia Newport and Anna Schmidt and many others. In nonfiction, Stephen M. Miller s line of Bible Reference titles including the bestselling The Complete Guide to the Bible. Barbour also publishes the top classic devotionals My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, God Calling by A.J. Russell, and Come Away My Beloved by Frances J. Roberts. With inspirational Christian books available in all genres--fiction for adults and children, Bible Promise books, devotionals, Bibles, Bible reference, puzzle books, and gift books there's something for everyone to enjoy.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Good size, Good weight; not big but not exactly compact, so its good for carrying around to studies, service, etc. but might be a little annoying for backpacks if you carry a laptop and stuff.
2. Placeholder Ribbon
3. The study notes are out of the way enough to be unobtrusive yet helpful if you don't have time to check a more comprehensive study.
4. Overall nice appearance and text readability.
5. It's a KJV Bible. This is a PRO because through shopping, I'm realizing, sadly, theres less options for KJV.
6. SUBHEADINGS!!! Most KJV I've seen don't have subheadings that describe what you're about to read, "The Lords Prayer," "Justification By Faith," "The Ten Visions," etc. Big plus for me.
1. The paper quality feels "super-cheap." I have a cheap $10 ESV Bible I got recently and the pages are buttery soft, though I did some research on the ESV and would rather stick to KJV which is why I bought this. My point is my other Bible was a $10 Bible and had buttery soft pages, this was $20 and the pages wrinkle and crinkle more than any Bible I've owned. This sounds pretty harsh, but wish it was a little nicer quality, especially considering the next point...
2. This might be a defect but the binding is bound SO tight it creates "ripples" through all the pages, especially the old testament. This combined with the super-cheap paper makes the pages wavey almost like subtle water damage. I could forgive the paper quality more if it wasn't for how the binding effects it. I'm hoping through heavy use it might relax and the pages feel better, it seems like it's happening so I'll give it some time.
3. This isn't much of an issue but the color of the cover is deep red. From the picture I thought it was black with a tiny bit of color, but when in a well lit room it's a wine red color and direct light it's almost cherry red. Again not a big deal just expected black. I uploaded pics to show this, again it looks almost black most of the time but when in direct light it glistens bright red. This would be a PRO for some because it actually looks nice.
4. No italics for added words in New testament, not a big deal for easy reading but if you create a study bible why omit this feature?
All in all its an ok Bible, 3.5 stars would be more accurate. It would be a five star bible to me if it had better paper and Italics for added words in NT.
Even though this study Bible is thin, it seems to have all the same features--I'm not sure how they cram them all in. There are short book introductions that give you the background of the Bible book, maps, and thousands and thousands of bottom of the page study notes. This is a great, affordable edition.