Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on March 5, 2013
I really like this watch, except for one thing: if you adjust the date/time with the hands set between 9-3, you will break the movement. The packaging warns repeatedly of this, so if you're not careful (I WAS careful, right up to the point I forgot, and broke the movement). It wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that it seemed I "always" had to make adjustments, because I don't wear the watch all of the time, and it often ran out of stored energy. If you are committed to following the instructions, I recommend this watch.
on February 5, 2014
I own several automatic watches...I like not having to buy and change batteries. I bought this watch because I was looking for one with a light colored face since most of my other watches have black or dark faces. I also like that the entire face is luminous so it's very striking in the dark.

I've had this watch for a few weeks now and it has become my favorite "every day" watch. My only concern was during the first few days, it stopped running while I was wearing it, in the middle of the day. Admittedly, I wasn't moving around much but my other automatics have never done this. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and a few days later, it was fine. In fact, now it runs all night, even after I take it off when I get home from work. Wearing it every day, I haven't had to wind it for the last week or so. As for the accuracy...it seems to be a tad fast but not annoyingly so..

Overall, this is a great looking watch that's perfect for the workplace...fairly large and very easy to read, practical and understated, no bling! Very reasonably priced at $95. The last quartz watch I bought cost $160...add to that almost $50 for a jeweler to replace the battery and strap and I could have bought two of these with change left over!
on March 26, 2017
The watch is perfect, it was already working when I opened the box. The face was a little bigger than I expected but that's no big deal. It keeps great time.
on April 14, 2014
From the research I've done I am aware that Stuhrling does not make the highest quality watch - so that's really a given. However, this watch has been working fine so far and it is a great looking watch in my opinion. In fact, I have received several questions/compliment regarding the watch. My feeling is that if it works well for a couple of years it is quite worthwhile at the price.
on February 15, 2012
The watch is 48mm in diameter -- that's big in of itself, but I've had other 48mm watches and I swear they didn't seem this big. I can't tell if the crystal is acting like a big cyclops and magnifying or what.

It seems relatively smooth. Ticks occur 6 times a second and is rather quiet. I can barely hear it if I hold it up to my ear.

When they say "luminous green dial" they apparently mean glows really bright. I was pretty surprised at the light coming off of it.

The band is a little too short for the size of this watch. It has a dual strap keepers, but honestly the second one is pretty unnecessary given that you'll be left with only a little nub of leather sticking out of the tang.

One thing to note: my watch came with a big sticker on the crystal indicating not to set the date when the time was between 2100 hours and 0300 hours. I'm not sure if that means 9 to 3 or only on the "edge" where the date changes (how are you supposed to tell until you get there?) or what. To further compound the confusion the included "Instruction Manual - B" which is a cross product generic instruction manual has a note at the bottom:

"CAUTION: Do not use the quick date function between 21:00 hrs and 04:00 hrs, as it will damage the internal parts of the movement. (Applicable for ALL versions)"

So not only is it a little unclear, but the two times listed don't even agree with each other. I (hopefully, heh) erred on the side of caution and adjusted the date while the time was set to 6 -- be that 06:00 or 18:00, I am uncertain.
on June 5, 2013
The big face and type of dial make for easy and quick accurate time reading. The accurate automatic movement gains about 6 seconds a day. No batteries to run down. The luminous dial face permits readily reading the time in darkness for a reasonable time after first exposing it to light.
on December 17, 2014
I am not sure who this watch was banded for but it is so short that i am at the long end of adjustment and it is still to small!!!
on September 30, 2013
I was pleasantly surprise of the quality of the watch in comparison with the price. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade to an automatic watch.
on November 10, 2013
great design, poor build quality.

movement runs fast

squeaky watch and cheap band.

I would recommend you look at other options.

a shame really because i genuinely love the design
on June 15, 2013
I was looking for a watch got my grandson's graduation (7th grade). This watch was perfect for a young man's first watch. I understand he slept with it. So obviously a front line winner.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.