Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All is Bright PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 26, 2013
From the pictures to receiving this watch in person, it looks awesome. If you are looking for more rugged industrial/steam punkish look then this watch does not disappoint. The skeletal cutout and gears showing through visually makes this a stunning watch. I used to receive quite a few compliments when wearing this watch. I personally liked the thickness, but as some other reviewers have mentioned it definitely is thicker than your average watch, but who wants average? Unfortunately there are some major flaws that I almost found it hard to give three stars.

As other reviewers have mentioned the hands are way too small for this watch. They get lost in the skeletal cutout and gears. In low light they are impossible to see. I don't understand why the hands are not bigger for this type of watch. Thicker hands would have complimented this watch and actually make it functional. This was the main design flaw in the watch.

The second flaw is that it is terrible in keeping time. It ran extremely fast and would be out of sync in a day or two. I was constantly setting the hands. A couple of times a week can start getting annoying. When I bought this watch I did not read any reviews about the watch not keeping time, so maybe the watch I received was defective.

The last thing was the black band broke a couple of months ago. It did not last a year, which is a pretty short life span for a watch band. Again, maybe I just received a faulty unit. It does come with a second watch band in brown, but I don't wear anything that would complement the band.

So for the past few months the watch has been gracing my nightstand. I could buy another band, but with the other flaws I am not sure if it is worth the effort. As I mentioned in the beginning and the title this watch is visually stunning and I really wanted to like this watch, but too many flaws.

Now disillusioned with watches, I have reverted to use my phone for telling time. It took some time having a naked left wrist, but I was able to tough it out. Now I am not sure if I can handle another harsh breakup with a watch because of terrible flaws since the beginning of our relationship.
on February 16, 2015
Let me start by saying I love the watch. I stare at it for minutes on end. I've even been asked if I had somewhere to be because I cannot stop looking at it. I bought it for myself almost 3 years ago for my graduation. I wore it almost every day (or I alternated with another watch I had). I received many compliments and I wore it dressed up or dressed down, didn't matter, fit in at every occasion.

After 6 months or so, one of the loops that holds the strap down tore off the black band. After a year and a half, or so, the black band tore where it connected to the watch, making the band not useful as a band anymore, sadly. So, I put the brown one on. The brown band has done fine, and has not had any problems yet.

Unfortunately, the sad news is the watch has died. It winds, and the spring holds, but the watch does not tick. I think it might have taken a small tumble, so I don't know that I can really blame the watch all that much. I love this watch and it pains me that it's dead.

EDIT: Oct 25, 2015
Had it opened and oiled by a watch repair person. It's ticking again! Hurray!

TL;DR : Watch is beautiful, received many compliments, is about a minute fast at the end of the day, and now it's dead. But, I loved it.
on September 10, 2012
I have always wanted a skeleton watch, but not enough to pay a luxury price for one. I was thrilled to find this watch for under $100, and I am mostly happy with it. It seems to keep good time, the self-winder seems to work properly, and I enjoy watching the movement. It also comes with black and brown leather bands that are easy to change, and that gives it some versatility.

However, there are a few problems. First is the design of the face and the hands of the watch. The oversized roman numerals are distracting rather than helpful, and coupled with the tiny black hands, it is very difficult to read the time at a quick glance. If the hands were wider or had a higher contrast against the movement, it would be easier to read the time.

Another issue with my particular watch is that there is a scratch on a machined piece of metal inside the movement. It is not bad enough that I considered sending the watch back, but it is a reminder that this is a relatively cheap Chinese-made, "Swiss-supervised" watch, not a jeweled timepiece. It is not made to the same standard of build quality of a Swiss-made timepiece that you would buy in a jewelry store. However, if you're looking for a distinctive watch that won't break the bank, this is a pretty good buy.
on August 21, 2012
Every collection eventually needs a skeleton watch and for the money, this one is a nice example. I agree with the previous reviewer who pointed out that the hands are a bit hard to read, but this certainly isn't a pilot-style, high-legilibiity watch and more of an art piece, so not an issue for me. I like how the interchangeable bands have a little latch mechanism that makes swapping them out a breeze. The finish and quality seem fine and I also like the quality of the bands. I wear this once in a great while for variety and it always get a comment or two because it is so striking and unique. It is not for me, however, a "daily driver" due to its size and the legibility. I also only wear it in the office and would never consider it for weekend /sport wear. Recommended.
on September 21, 2012
Very nice watch I love wearing. I got this for myself. I love the style of this watch. It arrived in very attractive packaging and I felt special opening it. It's level of craftsmanship is very high. Others have commented on the small hands. They are on the small size, but not too small for me. I think the overall design is elegant; not top of the line but still very nice (especially for the price). I would buy a Stuhrling again without question. After it has been fully wound it will run for a good 1-2 days on the shelf. Since I don't wear it everyday I got this Versa Automatic Double Watch Winder in Black to keep it wound.
on January 25, 2013
Received this product a day ago, tested fro 24 hour period against my atomic clock. Over 24 hours, the watch slowed down 2 seconds, which is amazing performance for a mechanical watch. My Seiko 5 gains 15 seconds a day.

---------------
After about 5 days, the watch is ahead of my atomic watch by 5 seconds. I noticed that when it is fully winded, it is ahead by 2 seconds per day. If it is not fully winded, it is behind the atomic clock by 2 seconds a day. Overall, this mechanic watch is very close to a quartz movement watch. I am really pleased.
on September 10, 2012
I purchased this watch as a gift, and although the recipient hasn't received it, I will comment on it's appearance. This watch comes in a beautiful box, with the extra band and cleaning cloth. It is a very attractive watch, and although it is thick, it will look good on anyone. The inner workings of this watch makes it so unique. I bought this one for a physics teacher, and I am sure he will absolutely love it!
on September 10, 2012
This watch not only looks incredible, it is fascinating to look at! I've received more comments on this timepiece than any other I own. Yes, it's not a perfect quartz timekeeper but it's worth the minor hand adjustment or simple winding required to perform very nicely, mine runs about 1 minute fast over 24 hours. Definitely worth the price.
on September 22, 2012
At first it will be a present for one of my brothers but when I saw it changed my mind! It's a fine watch. I read some comments about the lack of visibility (phosphoresce) but as for me that's not a big deal. I wear it casual and dress times. I have received good comments about the watch. I like it!
on September 10, 2012
looks good, runs good and is very good quality for the price. With the two leather watch bands the watch can be worn for dress or for work and be appropriate for both occasions. I have gotten some comments on the watch as "wow, where did you get that" and I tell them I got it from Amazon.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.