Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stuhrling Original Men's 270B.331117 Pioneer Swiss Quartz Date Orange Bezel Watch
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on July 2, 2013
The buying and shipping experience with Amazon was flawless as usual. I made numerous purchases on Amazon through the years and I never had a single problem with either products, payment or shipping.

The watch came very thouroughly packed. Inside the Amazon cardboard box was the substantial orange Stührling box inside a paper sleeve with "STÜRLING" in bold golden letters. It certainly builds your hopes up for what is inside! Opening the box, the watch sits on a black pillow with plastic protections, tag and a small plastic sleeve under the crown to keep it from running and drain the battery. Nice touch. In the box is also a straightforward manual, guarantee card in a nice, orange envelope, a polishing cloth with Stürling logo and a card that explains how you can register the watch online for warranty.

I carefully removed the plastic protection on the watch which was on the band, bezel, back of the case and one big piece wrapped tightly around the whole case. Having removed everything, I inspected the watch for any imperfections or flaws. By first look I could not find anything. It looked generally well made and felt substantial and heavy, not surprising for such a large watch. I pushed the crown, which has the "S" logo engraved to activate it. I set the time easily witn my iPhone clock and adjusted the date. The crown had to be pulled a tiny bit out to the "1" position to be able to turn the date "wheel". This happened to be just barely outside the "shoulders" which protects the crown which has two "hooks" sticking out from it to prevent the crown from turning when pushed all the way in. This operation felt a bit flimsy and not so accurate. One strange detail with the date wheel, it does not have the "31" on it. After the "30th" it sists in betwen the "30" and the "1" when it should in fact have been "31".

The dial itself looks nice, well outlined and clear to read. The bezel turns firmly and things seems to be well aligned on the dial and between dial and bezel. The band is well made and I had no problems adjusting it with a basic watch tool kit. I took out one link and did a bit of fine adjusting by the clasp. It fit very comfortably and felt easy to wear despite its large size.

Overall I would say that it is a nice looking watch. I think you get what you pay for as far as the deal here on Amazon, $99. I dont think it's worth the retail price of $525 listed in the product info though. Comparing it to my Nautica Chronograph which I payed around the same price for, the Stührling comes out a tiny bit cheaper looking. Compared to my collection of Orient Automatics's, the build quality doesnt even come close.

In closing, I was looking for a large diver watch with an orange bezel for everyday use and on those terms I am happy with the purchase. I got what I was expecting and I am happy about my purchase at the Amazon price. For potential buyers, consider the size if you dont have large hands and wrists like me.

Having owned the watch for just a day, time will show how it works and holds up. It has ticked along in perfect time with my iPhone all day, has felt very comfortable to wear and I like the look of it on my wrist. I will post an update after a few weeks ownership.
on November 21, 2012
Amazon offered a great deal on this Stuhrling watch. Loved the packaging. The watch looked great out of the box. Great quality product by Stuhrling. This watch is great for yourself, or as a gift for someone. Very easy to operate. Would recommend this product.
on October 30, 2012
I've had this watch for over a month now and decided to review it. The orange around the face really pops against the black and the watch itself has a real quality feel to it. Overall, I am very happy with this time piece. I was looking for something that looked nice and stood out for everyday wear but also wanted something that wouldn't break the bank. This watch meets all of those requirements and that is why I chose it.
on March 24, 2013
I saw this watch and had to have it. Just knew it would be a steal at these prices. I was right. Solidly made, well designed, superb solid link bracelet. Instantly one of my favorites since I received it. With a 48mm case it's a big-un. But once adjusted to fit, it is so comfortable you won't know that it's on. Eye catching, functional and dependably accurate, this is another excellent offering by Max Stuhrling.

Only one word of caution. This is a large watch. Probably would not work out on a small wrist or a man with slight of build arms. Other than that, if you like large format timepieces, this one fits the bill without looking out of place.
on December 5, 2012
THE WATCH (TIMEPIECE) ARRIVED ON TIME (LOL)IT IS NOTICED EVEYTIME I WEAR IT.SOME COMMENT AND OTHERS GIVE THAT ENVIOUS GLARE.THE WEIGHT AND SIZE ARE PURFECT.NOT RECOMMENDED IF YOUR A MAN WITH A SMALL WRIST.
on November 3, 2013
Great watch, I wanted one that was heavy and had a large face so this fit the bill nicely. It is a heavy watch but not uncomfortable. I'm a big guy and I need a bigger face or watches feel too small for me. Having said that the band is quite long and I had to get a few links removed. My friend with skinny wrists tried it on and it looked a bit awkward so keep that in mind when deciding.
Great packaging, the watch arrived nice and safe from the U.S all the way to Australia.
on February 3, 2014
I love this watch. It is exactly what I was looking for at a great price. I had to have the watch band shortened. It was too long and needed two links removed. A local watch store did it for a small fee. I am a big man but it was still too long. I have several watches from cheap to expensive but this is the one I wear all the time. It may not be for everyone since it is a big watch.
I like heavy watches and it combined with me
I indicate this product because the quality is very good and the colors match
with any outfit I wear.
on September 5, 2012
This watch is awesome. Not too heavy, and very well made. Quality Swiss watch. I like the dial and it is fairly easy to remove the links too.
on March 24, 2014
I purchased this watch because it kind of resembles the Omega Planet Ocean Series. So I was very excited to receive it.

First of all the box it comes in is VERY dramatic; a huge orange container. It instantly reminded me of a particular champagne I used to get as gifts on Xmas from colleagues. Gaudy in my opinion.

The watch itself is frickin HUGE. I don't really mind the width but the thickness is ridiculous. My normal go to watch is a Seamaster (large face) and this watch makes it look tiny. If you like them big than you'll love this.

Now, the deal breaker. The dates displayed is only EVEN days. I didn't notice this in the images. What's the point in having a date display if you have to guess what it is every other day. Fail.

I promptly returned the watch. Amazon's free return policy is amazing. Printed out the RA and UPS showed up the next day.