Customer Reviews: Stuhrling Original Men's 345M.333331 "Classic Ascot Jupiter" Gold-Layered Watch
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now Save on select ClickTight convertible car seats

on May 15, 2012
I just got this watch about a week ago and it's awesome... Looks rich very light weight. The only thing is the clasp is weak and im afraid it might fall, i will update to let you know how it goes...

Update!!! It's now almost a year that I have had this watch and its still one of my favs. It's works great and looks great still I have uploaded pics if anyone wants to see this watch on a real person... Peace out!!
review image review image review image review image
on August 22, 2013
I thought this watch looked beautiful when I say the graphic in the listing, but little did I realize how much better it would look in real life. It's a stunner, and everything works as designed.

I like the look and feel of this gold-layered watch so much I have used it as my daily wear ever since removing it from its packaging. And speaking of packaging, Stuhrling really knows how to impress with product packaging. The long and sturdy custom-sized box it came in is a conversation piece in itself, but I didn't buy the watch because of the box.

Once I got the day and date elements aligned properly in accordance with the well-written instructions that came with the watch, it hasn't missed a beat in automatic updating the day and date each night for the last three nights. And the unique way in which the date is displayed is one of the reasons I had to have this watch. The day is easily read inside its window at six o-clock while the date is displayed with a red dot at the correct number representing the date in the inner circle of the watch dial.

One other feature of this watch deserves special mention and that's the gold layered mesh band. It is gorgeous and super comfortable. I have a rather large wrist and still had to tighten up the clasp for a comfortable fit, but it was no problem at all.

I highly recommend this watch to any collector, or watch aficionado, who appreciates an elegant watch that keeps excellent time, displays day and date in a unique way and comes with an attractive and comfortable mesh bracelet.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
I am returning this watch due to the fact You cant read the date without a magnifying glass, and the buckle on the strap, It wont latch at all. Such a shame for such a beautiful watch to have these problems. Other wise it would be 5 stars. I hope to get another one of their newer watches, that has everything very readable. It could have been higher rating..
on May 30, 2014
I purchased the blue numeral version of this watch a few months ago and liked the look of it. When I saw the gold model I wanted to try it and turns out I like it a lot as well. Nice size and the clasp is an imporvment over the one on the blue Ascot Jupiter. Over all another great value from Stuhrling Original.
I received this watch a few days ago and it is very attractive. I was really pleased that Amazon lowered the price on this item and I feel that I got a really good deal. The case is polished gold tone and is rather large. The day window is large and easy to read, but the date markings are very small and hard to read. The dial is a champagne color with large gold numbers at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 positions. I have had the watch for about a week now and it has kept very good time since the initial setting.

Normally I would wait a few more weeks before reviewing an item, but at this price any other prospective buyers need to know about the poor design of the band. In all fairness the band has a nice look to it, but the clasp is VERY poorly designed. After finally finding the "secret" to adjusting the band length, and snapping the watch on my wrist, it unsnapped on its own several times and the watch fell off my wrist on one of those occasions. Luckily, it fell onto the carpet and no damage was done. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and adjusted the pin on the clasp a little and was able to secure it better, but I am still very afraid that it is going to unsnap again. It is also the most difficult band to put own I have ever owned. There all 2 small hooks on the clasp that hook over a skinny little pin bar and then you snap the clasp closed. There is only 1 small pin that snaps and holds the band closed.

If you decide to purchase this watch, I would definitely recommend that you have a good quality after market band in mind.
on September 26, 2014
This was a little less than I was expecting, but not a bad looking watch. I guess the fact that I have two dozen watches helps to make this less appealing, but a nice watch if it is your only one or two
on September 15, 2013
While it looks great on and the color is actually more gold than the picture shows the dial is very easy to read. With the day window in black/white the contrast makes it easy to read and the date "circle" is also easy to see and read.
on May 24, 2014
The photo does not do the watch much justice.

you have to see it in person to really see how rich it looks especially for the price.

Every time i wear it i get tons of compliments
on June 20, 2014
This watch arrived sooner than expected and was well packaged. Purchased as a gift and the recipient said...
I always wanted a Stuhrling. It looks great and I'm very satisfied!

I would recommend it.
on March 18, 2013
just out of the package, the wrist band broke.
returned the item for refund in under 5 mins.
dial is huge. Hard to tell from pictures.
Nice style, looks good though.