Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stuhrling Original Men's 718.04 Aquadiver Manta Ray Swiss Quartz Date Professional Diver Black Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on April 5, 2015
I liked the watch when I first got it. I've had it for less than 60 days, and it is broken. The second hand has fell off the timepiece. I am registered for the warranty .... etc. but now realize that I am responsible to pay for all shipping back and forth to get it fixed. That is 40.00. Now, if I want to ever wear my new watch, I have to basically buy it again... and wait 6 weeks for repair... etc. This was a terrible purchase for me, as I can't wear my "new " watch
on June 18, 2015
Went in the pool for 10min with this watch and moisture obviously got in. The face of the watch is now foggy. This is a "DIVERS" watch you would think this would be the least of your problems. Well I'm sending it back to Stuhrling to get repaired but that still will cost me $20.
review image
on January 9, 2014
I went scuba diving with some friends a few weeks after I bought this watch. I thought it would be nice to wear a watch that was "meant" for diving.

I am not a professional diver. I went down to 20ft, not 20m, and I already noticed issues. There seemed to be water entering the watch. When I resurfaced I reexamined the watch to make sure I wasn't seeing something. I mean I had just bought this watch so why would there be issues, right? I was right about the water inside the watch. There were water droplets on the inside of the face of the wall.

I put the watch next to my dehumidifier that I have in my room at home hoping it would do something about the moisture in the watch. It's been a few months and no change. The watch is ruined. The water droplets are smaller bit still present and very noticeable. I will never buy Stuhrling watch after this experience.
on July 17, 2013
The black on black with a touch of orange is what attracted me to this watch and in person it looks just like I thought it would.

Watch feels like a solid piece, not too heavy or bulky. It has a unidirectional bezel, screw down crown and a true 200m water resistance. Overall very pleased!

Thank you Stuhrling Original!
on January 18, 2016
Looks great. Perfect size. Price was unbelievable. I searched for months for a watch....so glad I found this. Excellent packaging as well. Premium watch at a great price. Band is very nylon/rubbery, which I like. Doesn't get stiff. Very soft.
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2015
I bought this watch for several reasons. Almost every watch I have ever owned has been a diver's watch, as I used to dive and just got into the habit of wearing them. The vast majority have been steel banded, so getting a rubber strap was a change. I do, however like it as I can adjust it to lose or tight depending on my mood. Steel bracelet watches stay the same every day.

This watch has met all my expectations. It keeps time quite well with very little gain or loss of time (in the 1-2 seconds a week area) and it has a simple sleek appearance. It is sturdy, but no so heavy that you will feel it dragging your wrist down. The crown screws down and I have discovered that, as I wear the watch, the crown can become lose from rubbing against my arm. As a result, I tighten the crown daily as I put it on.

The thing I like best about this watch is that it has a relatively plain face that is easy to read from a distance. I now need reading glasses for close vision and as watch faces have become more intricate, it has become harder to read when my readers aren't on. I can read this from several feet away with no glasses as the hands and number marks are white and bold.

Overall, I am very pleased with this watch and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
on August 25, 2015
the packaging is impressive, with the large colored box.the watch comes well protected with a plastic film so that the watch arrives in immaculate state.
this watch is very practical, I like the design and attention to detail and the refined features, soft supple rubber is comfortable to the wrist, the rotating dial mechanism feels solid and it has the right amount of friction. the only thing I dont like is that the screw on knob seems very thin when you unscrew it to set the time and start the watch.I feel like I have to turn the know carefully. But once I set the time and date, I screw it back on in place and it sits solidly in place, I have only taken it in the pool so far and no problem, hope to take it into the sea for snorkling before the end of summer, if it fails I will be back. so far it looks and works great.
on July 22, 2015
I bought this watch looking for a solid diving watch with a rubber strap and decent movement, so I could wear it in the pool or ocean. I found exactly that with this watch. While not the greatest watch company around, Stuhrling does have Swiss heritage, although they are now manufactured in New York after the brand was reestablished in 1999.

The watch comes in a huge rectangular shaped bright orange box, with all the Stuhrling paper work and warranty information. The presentation of the box seems to be a bit much for a watch of this quality, but it gives it an added touch. The watch itself has great weight; not to heavy, but solid enough to ensure the wearer that it's going to stay on one's wrist. The Bezel rotates uni-directionally for diving purposes and is made of solid coated steel. The orange paint on the bezel is a nice tough which is accented by the orange outlined minute hand. The hour markers and hands of the watch are all very luminous, making the time easy to read at night. The strap of the watch is my only complaint with this watch. The description says that the strap is a "men's standard" and I am aware that this can be any length between 7.25 - 7.70, but this strap was closer to a men's long length. Now, to be fair I have wrists that are 6.5 in around, so it was no surprise that the strap was long, but it was so long that I couldn't even buckle the strap on the last hole, I had to punch my own hole. As a result of this I decided to buy a new strap (which can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SSW0Q7Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00). The new strap gave the watch a new look and was much more durable than the original.
The movement of the watch is touted as a "Swiss Quartz" movement, with the decent Ronda 515 quartz movement at the heart. As to its accuracy, the watch has gained about 7-8 seconds since I bought the watch (over a month ago) so it's not too bad. The crown is screw down (standard for dive watches) and as far as I can tell, has worked perfectly as I have taken the watch swimming twice and worn it twice at the water park. Overall, I would recommend this watch to anyone looking for a decent dive watch that is relatively reasonably priced. For a better option with an automatic movement and killer price, look into the Jiusko Deep Sea series.
on September 30, 2015
Another fine timepiece by Stuhrling Original. This is my third Stuhrling timepiece and it does not disappoint. Luminescent dial works wonderfully, and the silicone band is nice and flexible. The band is a good size too, I have rather small wrists and have this band to the second to last notch to fit comfortably. The last notch is snug, and good for physical activity. Overall, I would definitely recommend.
on September 27, 2015
Lasted one month before it leaked and the rotating bezel failed but because you have to pay to get it fixed under warranty it turns out cheaper to throw it away and buy a new one (not Stuhrling, unless you're into the whole buy-a-watch-every-four-weeks thing). But, seriously, you get what you pay for and, at under $60, you don't get much.