Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on December 6, 2012
OK, let's face it, this is not a Swiss watch. It's an inexpensive Chinese watch sold under a Swiss- or German-sounding name. Stuhrling is not the only "legend brand" to do this--they remind me of the watches that are advertised in airline magazines, with a long story about the brilliance of Swiss watchmakers that distracts you from the fact that the actual watches aren't truly Swiss. In reality, the quality of this watch is not as high as even the low-end offerings from the Japanese watchmakers like Seiko or Citizen, or the more affordable Swiss makers like Tissot.

BUT--we're talking about a 70-dollar watch here! I'm actually really pleased by its appearance, and it feels solid. It even came packaged impressively. If I didn't know better, out of the box I'd think this was a considerably more expensive watch than it actually is. It's beautiful, actually. Stuhrling has an impressively huge selection of designs, and this allows them to offer a lot of watches that don't have any comparable examples from the "real" watch companies.

I haven't worn the watch enough to vouch for its long-term durability, but I have read some good things about the quality of the quartz movements used in Stuhrling watches (this is not necessarily the case for their mechanicals).

Normally I'm a big fan of affordable but high-quality automatic mechanicals, and I have several Seiko and Citizen mechanicals in my collection, as well as a true Swiss watch that was nearly 700 bucks. But this watch really caught my eye, and I have to say I love it so far. Much nicer than a typical Timex or Casio watch, and a pretty good deal.
on April 30, 2010
I received this watch as a birthday gift last year. The case is thicker and clunkier than it appears to be in the pictures, but overall it is a good-looking watch. After I had the watch for about 6 months, the crown (and maybe the stem) fell off. I have never had any watch fail after such a short time. Yes, it is under warranty, but I still need to pay for shipping and insurance to get it to Stuhrling and then pay $20 S&H to Stuhrling to get it shipped back. There are better quality cheap watches out there. Beware of this one.
on October 22, 2010
This watch is sold as a woman's watch. It really is a man's watch. It's beautiful, keeps great time, and I love the domed crystal.. but the band was awful. Like the other reviews, I am not happy with it. Stuhrling makes a wonderful product. I bought my husband one of their watches last year. It is a nice time piece. I wouldn't pass on a good buy from Stuhrling.

So, if you don't mind a big clunky watch that is hip, get this one, but buy a new band!
on February 1, 2010
After extensive searching for the right watch for me, I bought this one and it has exceeded my expectations. It looks and works great. It's about a second or so slow per week and easy to set. I'm not giving it 5 stars because I'll eventually have to replace the band and because it's actually made in China even though these manufacturers go out of their way to appear swiss. Otherwise for the price I paid I'm very happy.
on November 4, 2014
Great Watches, purchased 3 of them.
on March 24, 2010
I found this watch to be less than I was expecting. The band very thin and somewhat cheap looking. The watch dial is smaller than I thought it would be. It nice looking, but not something I plan to wear very often.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.