- "Fabulous suspenseful story! The minute I started reading this book I couldn't put it down! Niki Danforth is the new James Patterson!" -- 5 Stars from an Amazon reader
- "The author did an excellent job weaving the suspense and mystery throughout the story...I would recommend Stunner: A Ronnie Lake Mystery to fans of mystery, chick lit, and drama genres." -- Readers' Favorite rates it 5 Stars!
- "The author threw in some intriguingtwists & turns that kept me turning the pages....I liked Ronnie. She is afunny, nosy, cool woman who drives a Mustang, loves her family devotedly, & has a wonderful German shepherd sidekick called Warrior. I want a dog like that!This is a fast-paced, humorous, mystery romp." -- Libraryof Clean Reads
- "Fifty-somethingRonnie Lake is full of grit & determination, a persistent amateur detectivewith a black belt. Ronnie is ever protective of her family, particularly herbrother Frank, so when Frank brings home mysterious Juliana Wentworth, Ronnie'sradar goes on high alert. As Ronnie digs deeply into Juliana's past, she findsherself getting into trouble at every turn, with every shift in Juliana'sidentity. As Ronnie follows the clues, narrator Judith West ratchets up thetension with subtle shifts in intonation and pacing." -- AudioFilemagazine
- "Danforth did a great job developing themain character, showing how Ronnie went from a very inexperienced investigatorto a seasoned one making her very likeable to the reader as she messed up over & over but kept trying & improving herself. Danforth's writing style isimpeccable & fun, making this adventure easy to read....A five star book--worthreading for sure!" -- Reader Views
- "This is a great first mystery to begin a series." -- Audiobook Monthly
From the Author
One ofthe advantages of writing in mid-life is the wealth of experience we have todraw upon. In Stunner, Ronnie Lake is like many Babyboomers these days--a fifty-something, divorced empty-nester who was downsized out of her corporatecareer. She's trying to figure out her next act when her niece comes to her ina panic that her recently widowed father (Ronnie's brother) may want to marryagain. It's not only that his intended is a much younger woman, but thatstrange events have been happening ever since they've come home. Her niecesuggests they hire a private investigator, but Ronnie decides to see what shecan find out first. After all, how hard can it be? Bottom line--this is a storywith a universal theme of betrayal and family loyalty with a protagonist whois not afraid to jump into the new endeavor of amateur woman detective.
Whether it's as a Kindle eBook, paperback or audiobook, I hope you enjoy Stunner!