- File Size: 5285 KB
- Print Length: 116 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: On Target Publishing; 2 edition (April 9, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 9, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007SWU27E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #247,904 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Stunning Portrait Photography - Posing and Lighting! (On Target Photo Training Book 18) Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I highly recommend this book and I can't wait to read all of the books in the series!
In the end, it's a disappointing experience. This book doesn't feel like books that I bought before, even the Kindle format ones, especially if this compared to photography books that I bought before.. Maybe because formatting.. I don't know for sure.
If you have been in Internet Marketing, you must know this jargon. Find topics that you are familiar with, or you know well, write it into a report or ebook, and then sell it in the internet. Unfortunately this book fits into that description.
- Only basic principles of posing and lighting. No further explanation, example of practice and pictures before and after applying the technique, no lighting diagram, etc. Positioning of lighting in portrait is very important, yet there is now further explanation and diagram on how to place flash/light to achieve Rembrandt lighting for example. Fortunately, I can find this explanation and information in the internet, of course for free. Lighting part of this book is a joke.
- Photography book will almost always have the Exif data on the pictures shown in the book. Speed, F stop, ISO, etc so that we can try to reproduce the setting, in the hope to reproduce the effect shown in the picture. This books simply doesn't have it. At all. I suspect it just uses stock photos? Maybe I am wrong.
If I can put negative star I would be happy to...
The book is provoking in that it makes you want to go try these techniques immediately.
Starts out with an offer for a free booklet.
Interesting take on posing all the body even if they aren't going to be in the shot.
Enjoy the color samples enclosed to point out what's going on.
Other works by the author are highlighted at the end.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dan is a great teacher. This is a highly nuanced work filling in details that you don't often see in how to books.
He speaks with the voice of authority. Read more
This was my first book in the series but definitely not the last. A lot of information presented in a clear understandable manner.Published 4 months ago by Rich G
I needed a short, easy to follow outline of how to do portraiture for family and club competition. This short bookgave me the start I need. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Ross Anderson
This book was a great start to learning portrait photography and with enough detail to feel comfortable practicing the techniques but not too much detail to overwhelm or... Read morePublished 5 months ago by JoMac
Very useful and informative to me at this time as I am in full engagement of self learning about portrait photography.Published 9 months ago by Lee A. Sadiki
Dan does a great job documenting all that a photographer who is new to portraiture should know. A great "kit bag" for getting into the why and how of lighting and posing.Published 11 months ago by John Chandler
Very useful guide for anyone wanting to improve their photography skills for hobby or profit!Published 12 months ago by Betty Jean Jones
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Reference
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Portraits
- Books > Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Photography > Portraits & Selfies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Photography > Reference