Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 28, 2016
When you buy a book on style, you expect to see photos of examples, not just text descriptions. I purchased this book expecting a fresh update on the old standby "Dress for Success", and quite frankly, I could have saved my money. The only point-on information were the descriptions of what to wear for an interview, based upon industry standards and one-offs. Disappointing, at best.
on October 6, 2013
Lauren's style tips are a life changer. Why make things harder than they need to be? I've been using Lauren's fashion advice and it has made a world of difference in how I feel when I walk into meetings in a male dominated industry. I carry that confidence with me to my after work get togethers and on business trips.

What I love about this book's advice is it doesn't take a lot of money to achieve a "dress for success" look.

Thank you Lauren, you are a gift to women in the workforce.
on March 21, 2014
This is my first review and I was so disappointed with this book I had to write a review. I truly question the validity of all the 5 stars reviewers. I wanted a book to help me build a wardrobe with classic style for work. Not a good choice. Almost everything written in this book is common sense or useless information. I'm trying to say one thing helpful about this book. Chapter 8, shop your closet was somewhat informative but not worth buying. Overall a complete waste of my money. Not worth returning because of the shipping cost. Not sure what to do with it. Still looking for a book on building a classic wardrobe!
Signed very disappointed
99 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 9, 2013
This is a fabulous book that anyone would benefit from. It includes great ideas for looking one's best. It prompted me to "shop my closet" and I know I'll make better clothing purchases going forward. I'm buying several copies as holiday gifts, knowing the recipients will be grateful to the author, as I am!
on June 8, 2014
This is a great book that will help anyone navigate the secret dress code of the corporate world. I mentor quite a few women at my place of work & often it is not their lack of education or experience that keeps them from being promoted.

This book gets the message across in an impersonal way to make a change that can only benefit it's readers.
on March 18, 2017
Great for new college grads.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 12, 2013
This book helps prevent smart, productive, and responsible employees from undermining themselves in the workplace by having distracting appearance (or olfactory) issues. It's organized so that both men and women can systematically self-reflect on whether their clothes, shoes, skincare, or fragrance is effectively conveying a polished image. Even if you think you've got "it" figured out, this book is a good self-check to be sure you haven't missed a detail (or are still stuck in the 1990s).
on October 31, 2013
Great find! Full of excellent practical advice as well as tips and tricks for dressing your best on any budget. LOVE this book. Lauren makes looking terrific and making a good first impression fun and easy! What could be better than shopping your own closet after reading "Style Bible"--well, maybe having Lauren as your very own fashion guru! Works for me. Thank you for writing this book. Looking forward to Style Bible Two!
on October 5, 2013
I am the busy mom, about to turn 40, who needed reminding that just because I am around small children 24-7 does not mean I should look like a college kid rolling out of bed, wearing sweats all day! The quick & entertaining read was a prefect reminder that I myself am not a kid, and need to dress the part of being 40 and fabulous (in the practical sense). One of these days I will go back to work. Style Bible has inspired me to get out of my style rut now without having to break the bank. Loved it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 17, 2016
The book could benefit from more photographs or depictions of your recommendations.