Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

This book reads like an action film, say Terminator, Robo-Cop, Inception or even Matrix. In the best traditions of Heinlein's Starship Troopers, or Joe Haldeman's "Forever War", "Sub-Human" is absolutely amazing writing and I can tell you, if you enjoy action in your science fiction, you will love this. I could NOT put it down for a second. Basically, this is futuristic military sci-fi; an artificial intelligence enhanced soldier finds the world changed--and what can he believe, and why are his former platoon mates hunting him down?

I'm anxious to read the others in the series and best of all, the Kindle books are affordable and it's like INSTANT gratification. I don't want to give away a single spoiler. Just saying, if you liked any of the films I mentioned or authors, you will love this. I did! Big Thumbs UP!!!
on September 14, 2012
I loved these books. Loved them so much that I couldn't stop reading until I had read all three in the seriies in ONE day. I only wish there more books in the series. I would love to find out more about what happens with these people next . Another sleepless night reading more would be worth it.
At first glance these books are just great science fiction but on further thought, they are filled with questions that humanity has faced, will face or might face. Questions that will leave you thinking.
on September 14, 2012
David Simpson's books seem to grasp the reader and not let go. It is a very difficult book to put down as you keep wanting to know what happens next and you develop a sympathy for some of the characters, even the bad guys. I definitely recommend reading this book before reading "Post-Human" by the same author even though he wrote this book after "Post-Human". In any case, the author has a vivid imagination in creating a future world governed by computer control of nearly all things in human life. Well done!
on February 24, 2013
This is the first book of the Post-Human series. It is also the first book by David Simpson that I have read. The basic premise for the plot is interesting. It is a page-turner full of action. However, I would have liked more character development with clearer motives for the actions that occur. Think the Terminator movies plus the old TV series Quantum Leap plus a bit of Star Trek thrown in with some Nazi fanaticism for good (or bad) measure. I guess I'll have to read the next book to find out what happens next.
on April 22, 2013
I enjoyed the mix of sci-fi with romance, action, realism and battle. One reviewer gave it one star because she said the author was atheist. I disagree strongly with that opinion as the hero in the book was always trying to do good acts and had good morals. I definitely do not care about the author's religious affiliation and I don't think this book has anything to do with that. I enjoyed the quality of the writing and the imaginative story line and the character development.
on August 15, 2012
Simpson starts the ball rolling right away with the first pages of Sub-Human, and he doesn't let up until we reach THE END. I won't give any spoilers, but this prequel to his popular other novels (Post-Human and Trans-Human) goes a long way in explaining the world he has created. He takes a typical super-hero type story (the rebuilding of someone injured into a technological marvel) and gives us a treat. It's an action-packed narrative full of cyborgs, global warfare, robots, and even time travel. Again, we're talking super-hero fiction from within the umbrella of transhuman discourse. He doesn't preach and he doesn't lean toward didacticism. It's all fun. I should say that I read an ARC, so I am sure this final product is worth the three bucks.
on March 22, 2014
Sub-Human can be enjoyed as an action-adventure sci-fi novel. But for those who enjoy stretching their minds and mulling over age-old questions searching for answers that mankind still has not found to questions that we are just beginning to recognize, this book will stimulate your neurons and make those synapses spark with the challenge of keeping up with the leaps and changes of direction the author provides for your mental stimulation and enjoyment.

This is a compelling read that can be appreciated on multiple levels. There is enough action, conflict and blood to please all but the seriously twisted; enough not-too-speculative edgy science to make this truly a science fiction novel; a dash of irony and a pinch of humor for seasoning, all in a single well-done package. The best part is that it took me by surprise. I did not anticipate when I started reading, where this book would go. I was expecting a pleasant escape for a few hours and in addition found food for much thought. It sent me to an encyclopedia a time or two as well. Well-written, well-researched and fun. It doesn't get much better. Thankfully, I have the rest of the series to look forward to so the fun isn't over just yet. I just have to decide whether to read them all right now, or stretch it out and savor the pleasure.
on September 19, 2012
This book was super fun,I blasted through it in two sittings.

I'm not a good writer or critic so I wont go into prose and character definitions and othr things people that leave comments here go in to.I'll just say that I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next in the series,I definitely recommend this book.

The reasons I bought this book were,1,I read the description and it sounded like my kinda story and 2,it had lots of 5 star reviews.I've found I can generally trust my fellow sub human reviewers/commenters.

My two cents?It's a measly $2.99,money well spent,you wont regret it.

Alright future sub human,I'm off to become Post Human.
on May 6, 2013
Could the author's vision of a near apocalyptic world someday be real? In this gripping tale, you might believe it so. This is a truly fun sci-fi romp that you will find hard to put down. The story starts with the United States pitted against China, fast forwards into a decimated society where one man's fear controls all, but touches ultimately what makes us human in the scope of a technological world.
on September 18, 2013
After seeing the praise from so many reviews, I wanted to give this a shot, and glad I did. In all honesty, I downloaded this at a time when it was free, but it was very worth the time I put into reading, and is worth purchasing for those who may be questioning it. Great sci-fi that goes into very interesting imagination and story telling.