Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Subjekt HerPhones Petite Earbuds with Mic for Women (Red)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Color: Red|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Color: Blue|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I loved the look and fit of these headphones. The soft rubber tips come in three sizes so I was able to experiment and find the perfect match for my ear size.

But while I loved the fit, I hated all the line noise (microphonics I think it is called) that constantly disrupted the music. Any movement I made caused the lines/cables to brush against my clothing and the brushing action would transfer a scrapping or rubbing noise to my ears. It was driving me crazy. I also had a constant problem with the earphones popping out with the slightest tug on the lines.

Then a friend suggested that that I loop the lines over my ears instead of letting the lines hang straight down. And guess what?! It worked! Just like that both problems were solved. Looping the lines over my greatly reduced the lines noise and the loop also stopped the earpiece from constantly popping out.

Thanks, Bonthouse, you saved the day.
review image
on December 28, 2013
My ear canals apparently are narrow. ipod buds hurt, SkullCandy buds hurt, and if they don't hurt they fall out. These fit, don't come out and don't hurt. The sound is great too. What more can I ask for?!
on November 3, 2014
I have tiny ears that ache when I use standard earbuds (iPhone earbuds for example), and I searched high and low for earbuds that have a mic and are tiny. These kept popping up during my searches, so I thought, "what the heck" and bought them. The smallest tips fit me perfectly (although I could even use smaller tips!) and don't make my ears ache, even after an hour of using them. The silver part is tiny too, which is great - they don't stick out awkwardly. They're about the size of a standard push pin. I am no audiophile, so if you have tiny ears but you' still insist on the best bass and treble (blah blah blah) you should probably look elsewhere or just get standard over-the-ear headphones - not earbuds. But if you're like me and just want the darn earbuds to work without causing you pain, I would definitely suggest these. I can even rest my head on my pillow and the ear that is down doesn't hurt!! Another plus is the length, which is long enough for me to stick my phone in my purse or pocket, and long enough to plug into my desktop computer screen and turn my head/type/reach for files while listening to music. Lastly, the color is correct in the first image - it's a vibrant blue! I was worried it would be silvery-grey-sky blue, but they are a nice bright blue color.
review image
on November 20, 2012
I'm a 250-pound, 44-year-old man. My girlfriend has a set of these she bought on sale a while back. I had no idea they were for women (or small ears), but I thought they sounded pretty good. I'd been listening to my Sony MDR-V6 studio monitor headphones, but sometimes you just get tired of handling those big old things, amirite? So I thought maybe I'd get a set of earbuds like hers. They were definitely colored, kind of scooped in the midrange. But good bass and crisp highs, a pretty good listening experience.

I could barely make out the "SUBJEKT" on the 1/8" plug. She said they were "herphones" and that she got them on sale for around $5 somewhere.

I started looking around and thought maybe that's what cheap earbuds sound like these days--pretty good. I spec'd out a set of Panasonics for $6. Today they came. And they are obviously not as good as the herphones.

First, they aren't as comfortable. Second, a bit of the lowest lows and a bit of the highest highs are clipped off. I A-B'd the earbuds and I could easily tell that the SUBJEKT ones are superior.

I'm wondering now if I should pay the $18 that they go for on Amazon to get a pair of my own.
From the clean sound to the comfort of not having the buds fall out of my ears, these Herphones are my new favorite earbuds. I like the way they fit right out of the box, though they come with different sized ear pieces. They are sturdy and really simple but nice looking. I first tried them with Mozart's Requiem and heard every sound with no background noise. I plugged them into my phone and used them with phone calls and music on my phone and they work perfectly. These are great for videos, music and movies. The cord is a nice rubbery cord that is easy to undo tangles with and the cord has a pause button you can push if you need to hear or talk to someone-really cool.

Another thing I loved about these is that the packaging was no hassle. They come in a nice little box that you open and can use the headphones right out of the box. No frustrating molded plastic. For the price, these are great, well made buds that are made for people with smaller ears. Why no one thought of that sooner, I have no idea, but they work realy well for me and they come with one set of larger buds and one set of smaller buds to fit a wide range of petite ears!
on May 25, 2012
I love how these Subjekt HPM-21BL HerPhones fit! I can NEVER find ear buds that fit comfortably and I spend tons of energy and time on the frustration of repositioning my earbuds when I run but these have proven to be much better, sizewise. The reason that I only gave it 3 stars is because there seems to be a short in one of the wires, I guess. The sound goes in and out of my left ear bud. It's not unbearable but i'd like it to work right because the one that doesn't work causes any rustling or movement in the cord to be magnified in your ear which is a little off putting when you just want to hear your tunes! I'm sure there is a warranty, but i haven't pursued it just yet. Hopefully mine is just a flukey defective!

update: 06/19/12
Unfortunately after wearing these for longer running distance and more frequently, I'm not raving about these anymore. they tend to slip out of my ears when i get sweaty (ew, i know). and one of the speakers is consistantly in and out of sound. I don't need steller sound quality but one of the earphones is staticky and honly works half of the time and that is disappointing. I did appreciate them for a while though. On the treadmill or stairclimber they are fine but not for running.
VINE VOICEon April 25, 2013
I've read that for most people, their ears are between 1/3 and 1/2 the length of the head. Really. If you look at a photo of a group of people and start measuring the length of the ears and comparing it to the length of the head, it will be between 1/3 and 1/2, which is why art teachers tell you to make ears that size when making a realistic drawing. (I just did exactly that when looking at a huge family reunion picture).

However, I have teeny ears, as does my sister. We have never been able to find comfortable earbuds or in-ear earphones, because everything is so darned big. Not these. These Subjekt HPM-21BL HerPhones Petite Earphones with Microphone Designed for Small Ears - Wired Headsets - Retail Packaging - Blue actually fit my teeny little ears! I don't have to try and smoosh down the silicone "pillows" to try and keep the earplug from trying to enlarge my ear if I want something with decent sound.

And the sound is pretty darned good. I am no audiophile, but these earphones gave me realistic reproduction of television, movies, music, and spoken word (on a iPad, MacBook and Kindle). I thought the sound was terrific, and the little earphones were impossible for my bigger-eared family members to swipe. I'm not saying that any of them are Dumbo or anything like that, just that I have little "mouse ears," as my mother calls them. Hmm. I wonder if she is thinking Mickey-sized, which is definitely wrong!

Enough of my family's insanity. Try these earphones, they're very good.
on June 17, 2014
4.5 stars. So far. so good. They are small, as advertised; they don't just fall out of my oddly small left ear. I haven't had a long run with the sound, but the initial listen was good enough. (I'm no audiophile - just your average listener.)

The half star drop is because the picture is misleading. I like red. The earphones I received are more toward a rust/orange. It's not a show stopper, but the color was not as advertised - both description and picture.
on October 23, 2013
...I can't imagine what the size Subjekt's regular earbuds might be. They arrived today and they'll be on the way back shortly. The ear pieces are so large they won't stay in my ears.

I purchased these because others indicated that they were appropriately sized for small ears. That is not my experience. I thought perhaps the larger of the silicone earpads was on the buds, but no. The ear pad on the earbuds as they are packaged is the smallest earpad.

I've tried probably 12 or so different kinds/brands of in-ear earbuds over the past decade. So far the only inexpensive earbuds I've found that truly fit small ears are the Altec Lansing Bliss Gold Altec Lansing MZX436R Bliss Gold Series Headphones - Rose. So-so sound quality, but they do fit into my ears (using the smallest ear pad in my case). I've worn out a couple pairs over the years and I'd hoped to find something that offered better sound quality and fit well enough to provide decent sound isolation. I'm still looking.

I cannot comment on the build quality of the Subjekt Her Phones or the sound quality since I could not use them.
on June 21, 2014
I never found earbuds that would fit. I just about gave up until I found a size for petite ears. These fit and don't fall out, which is enough for me, but they also have very good quality. And no little parts to fall off.

UPDATE: I've found two problems over the last few months of using these earbuds. They do fit great. But (1) the little plastic covers fall off pretty easily; I've had to purchase a few packs of replacements, which I think should be included with the product and (2) the on/off switch on the cord is highly sensitive. I don't even have to move, but if the fan from across the room blows any air my way, iTunes launches.