Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2012, 7:31:19 AM PDT
Is there any subtitle in this movie?

Posted on Dec 11, 2012, 9:09:59 PM PST
The description says it has subtitles (STH): what I want to know is whether it is possible to turn off the subtitles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012, 11:59:41 PM PST
Kitty Kat says:
I had the same question and have gone through the reviews. One reviewer mentioned viewing the episodes severals times - with and without subtitles so I'm assuming they can be turned off. My friend has the 2nd series only set and the packaging indicates that it has English subtitles. When we watched it, no distracting subtitles. Must be an option. I'm looking to get the 1 & 2 series set as a gift and wanted to make sure that there were no distracting subtitles.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013, 8:16:51 AM PST
Judy says:
Are subtitles the same as closed caption?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013, 9:29:51 AM PST
They are not the same. Closed captions come from your TV, if a program or DVD is captioned. They are turned on or off through a command to your TV.
Subtitles come on your DVD and can easily be turned on or off by using your DVD remote, or through the Setup option on your DVD player.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013, 7:22:40 PM PST
Mom K says:
I need subtotles... or cc... if it has it..I will buy it

Posted on Jul 28, 2013, 2:28:57 PM PDT
Yes, this set definitely has optional subtitles that may be turned on and off at will. These are especially useful to me, not only because of my aged hearing, but with my occasional difficulty understanding heavy cockney accents.

Cheers!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2013, 10:56:33 AM PDT
Thank you Billy. You've helped me a lot.

Posted on Aug 16, 2013, 1:24:39 PM PDT
Huckleberry says:
Yes there are subtitles, I can't recall if there is something besides English, possibly French? Whatever player software you are using, if you move the cursor to the bottom of the screen to make the controls appear, there is a button for subtitles and you can select NONE to turn them off. (I play DVDs on my laptop, imagine there is some similar access on your television/dvd player) I found the subtitles annoying at first, but as I watched several times over, I enjoyed them at times to pick up unfamiliar phrases that I would otherwise miss. Hate to miss anything, the language is so wonderful...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers