Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on April 11, 2006
"Subtitulo" was probably the album I'de most been wanting to listen to for the 1st quarter of 2006.

I recently purchased it through Amazon along with "1972" and the "Smooth Sounds..." DVD and all I can say is that the waiting and all of my expectations havent been in vain.

"Subtitulo" is a relaxed-tropical infused-acoustic based-nostalgic album. It evokes good memories of the past and at the same times inspires optimism for the better times to come...

Its hard to define Josh Rouse's music style and even harder to place him under only one category. Some might call his music country or pop or indie rock or light rock or retro, I just say go with the flow and enjoy the incredible arrangements and the easy to relate to lyrics.

"Subtitulo" sounds like a window which we can look through and see what Josh will bring in a hopefully not to far future.

I love the music, love the melodies, love the lyrics.

This already is one of the best CD's of 2006...
Josh Rouse's latest, "Subtitulo," is a breezy collage of acoustically arranged numbers. Of my two very favorite tracks, "It Looks Like Love" starts with a throbbing beat and Josh's breezy vocals, "And just when you start believing in it, it looks like love is going to show its face." "Wonderful" juxtaposes a ponderous melody with a tinkling piano and a George Harrison-like counter-melody that blossoms into a garden of good feelings, "It is the morning love, you have found me." Other tracks like the beautiful opener "Quiet Town," the bouncy carnival-like "His Majesty Rides" & the emotionally laden closer "El Otro Lado" make this a very strong CD. Rouse's music is soft, gentle and crosses the airwaves like a warm embrace. Enjoy!
on January 15, 2017
Beautiful CD. Listen to it whenever I travel, it's very soothing, and great percussion!
on December 29, 2006
I'd never heard of Josh Rouse until John Mayer wrote about Rouse's "Bedroom Classics Vol. II" in his blog... and raved about it. I asked Santa for Subtitulo for Xmas, and I just love it. I'm not even sure how to describe it; in some ways it just eludes classification. The first song, Quiet Town, reminds me a bit of Mayer's "Stop This Train" on Continuum. He sounds a bit like John complete with excellent falsetto. On "Summertime" Rouse's voice turns a bit raspy... different, but appealing, in a Leon Redbone kind of way. My words fail me for a description of the rest... some songs sound kinda pop-y, others a bit techno, some folk and jazz sounds mixed in... it's very unique and unlike anything I've listened to recently. But I really love it. It's completely listenable, and just makes me want to turn my friends on to this "unknown" music. I just had to hear the artist that "makes John Mayer flip on the inside and the outside," and I'm glad I took the chance and bought this CD sight unseen, so to speak. It's a keeper, a great addition to my music collection which I will definitely be listening to for a long time. I will be buying other Josh Rouse for sure.
on November 20, 2014
Wonderful, maybe his best yet.
on January 18, 2010
Solid album. A good buy, in my opinion. I have seen him live a time or two and think a lot of his style.