- File Size: 187 KB
- Print Length: 80 pages
- Publication Date: November 28, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AFFAP78
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,066,973 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Success Philosophy Manifesto: Self-Development Strategies for Achievers (Personal Development Manifestos Book 0) Kindle Edition
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Topics, lucidly covered, are:
1. Why set goals? It might sound ridiculous but many people spend more effort in trying not to make an effort. Procrastination can be a tiresome and nerve-wrecking state of existence, which is why setting goals, planning, will liberate you from fear of unknown and set you on the path to success.
2. Developing habits that are conducive for taking action and achievement.
3. Beefing up your resolve by realizing that by trying to achieve something, you are making your life better, not worse. Author shows how to 'elevate your attitude and [...] of those around you'.
4. Choosing to take action today and not delay it. When you delay constantly, you create an unhelpful mindset. However any mindset can be changed in a positive way and the book shows in some detail on how that can be achieved.
5. Seven steps on how to master your emotions.
I read many books on the topic of personal productivity and while this book does not say anything new, it does an admirable job of creating a coherent, dare I say holistic, blueprint of a goal setting and goal achievement that goes beyond simple 'do stuff and good things will happen'. I'd like to end this review with one of my favorite motivation passages from the book that encapsulates its message well, 'The goal is to recognize that you have the power to change, the tools to make those changes, and the understanding of how to determine why that is important to you.'
I could relate to all the reasons people were saying not to do things, to put things off, etc and am now learning how to change myself for the better. I am putting into practice everything on Chapter 8 and I'm seeing myself be much more productive because of this.
If you need to get yourself motivated in life, this is a great book to get you to rethink your thinking! If not for you then a loved one that you know has so much potential if they could only see it! Highly recommend this book!
It's a short read that I intend to use as a reference guide when work, family, health, finance, etc. get out of wack and need realignment.