Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 61 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on January 17, 2014
Our son 10yrs old and daughter 15yrs old both are reading this book. We already see significant shifts in their mindset regarding how they approach their task. They both apply it their school work and chores;) After reading (daily), we sit down and ask what did they learn? Our son plays basketball and wants to get stronger. At first he could only do 5 push-ups. Now his goal is to do at least 36,000 by the end of the year. He said dad " if I do 100 push-ups a day, that's 3,000 a month. Wow I can do anything if I just do a little bit towards my goal every day!". Everyone in the family has bought in to this philosophy and we are so excited because we get more done, which leave us more time to just be together and have fun!
on February 22, 2014
The Slight Edge is one of my all time favorite books. I wish I had read it before the hundreds of other personal development books I've read. The Slight Edge philosophy actually shows you how to implement the other personal development books in a way that helps you create success in your life.

Success for Teens, a teenage version of The Slight Edge, breaks it down even further. I am reading it first before I give it to my children, and I can't recommend it enough! Although the examples the teens share will be more relatable to my kids, the feelings behind what they are sharing are universal.

If you are looking to create a better life for yourself, or to give your kids a hand-up in helping them create success for themselves, I highly recommend this book.
on July 28, 2015
These are great but just so you know non profits can order a bundle for free on the website. I ordered 200 for the teens in our church.
on March 19, 2016
Having loved The Slight Edge, I was ecstatic to find a "kid's version," which I bought for both my son--who's still not yet old enough to fully comprehend its message--and my high-school-freshman niece. This book is invaluable in showing kids the importance of being conscientious, purposeful and not apathetic in life.

In restrospect, had this book been available to me in my early teen years, I'm positive I would have been a considerably more "well adjusted" adult (both professionally and personally).
on August 11, 2013
If you want to teach teenagers the importance of taking one positive step at a time, continuing this over time, with the right attitude -- knowing it will be awhile before the payoff -- and having the integrity to thwart all of the negativity around them, this is the book for you. As adults, we know this. What a gift to learn it at an early age.
on April 28, 2013
Excellent book based on concepts of the book, The Slight Edge. Do a little bit each day to reach your God-given goals. Great reminders. Great read.
on March 11, 2013
Great book for giving kids the heads up on achieving the best in life" Wish I'd have had it as a teen...For adults don't forget to read "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olsen...It will put you over the top!
on April 15, 2017
Amazing book - recommend it highly!
on September 19, 2011
I wish I had books like these when I was a teenager! Why wait until a person is out of college and in the work place to read these type of strategy books.
on March 5, 2013
This is a must read for any teen wishing for success! The material is relatable & thought provoking for teens. Lifelong skills presented in a practical application style that will help you win in every area of Life.

As a parent I recommend this book as a part of your household library and one that you would read and discuss with your teen.